Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

3 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste - Page 8 Empty Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:17 pm

i was kidding.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste - Page 8 Empty Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

Post  Lee Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:01 pm

Well good news with the project, made some breakthroughs with it. Still no deadline as to when it will be finished. Trying to get it done within this week, but I don't know. I don't want to rush it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:29 am

yeah, i dont think it's good to rush.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Well I can't do much more work with the surprise/project, until my laptop gets back from repair. I honestly don't even know if they can fix it, but I exhausted all my tips and tricks. The stupid thing couldn't get through the booting menu, just continued to load...nothing.

Anyway so I don't know if my laptop is repairable or if any of the data will be left once it gets back. So I might have to start over from scratch or I might not be able to start at all.

Everything just seems to be falling apart on me all of a sudden. I just happen to have the crappiest luck with technology.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 pm

^ how old is your computer?

when i had my 4 year old laptop and i did big projects, i had the same problem. the program would crash, it took forever to boot, etc. so i would think they'd be able to save the stuff off it.

and im not talking about it would happen because it was old. this happened every time i would work on a project because the 'brain' of the computer couldn't handle it.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:30 pm

I believe that's called the hard-drive :P

No it had nothing to do with big projects or going slow. It ran great always. I just decided to boot it up to work on the project some more and then bam couldn't get pass the boot menu.

It still functioned and I could get through some places by booting and holding different keys, but that was only to run scans or the cmd drive thing. The scan didn't detect anything, and little good did the cmd do me as all this white text flew across a black screen. Like hell if I know what all that crap means.

I just hope they can fix it. I don't care if they have to wipe all my data because I've saved most of my projects on several flash drives over the years. Got a copy of everything on most of them, except for my surprise.

It will probably take a few hours to get back where I was, most of the time spent was experimenting and trail and errors.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:40 pm

actually, i was thinking of the CPU. i just looked it up. my computer only had 1 CPU but this new one has 4.

i know when i tried to get to my boot menu, i couldn't even get in it. i was trying the thing you said just to see if i could get there and figure it out but nope, it wouldn't let me in it. luckily, i found out you can do what you said in the control panel of the computer. it's in the back up section.

but yeah...maybe it's a windows 7 issue then? i dont know what kind of windows you have but I did have that problem with this computer.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:43 pm

I have a mac laptop and a pc windows. Since I bought a new personal computer, it hasn't had problems. I hardly used my laptop for browsing online. It was strictly for working on projects. And when I was done with a project I would save it on several flash drives and erase all data on it. That way it ran smoother. A three year/ two and a half life span sucks.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:45 pm

oh you're problem is with a Mac? pssh can't help you there. i hate Macs though XD

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:47 pm

I've found that Windows PC's are great for personal use and my Mac has been awesome for software related work like Photoshop and all. Most statistics say the same to. I've never had a virus with my Mac yet, but my old PC went through them like it was water. Even my new PC has had a few and I never even went to any questionable sites.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:01 pm

Macs annoy the **** out of me but that's mostly because ever since I was young and was first learning to use the computer, Mac's confused me. I never understood them fully in school.

When it comes to software, I think if you know your way around the PC, you can get your PC to do as much as a Mac. You just have to know which software is the Mac equivalent. And yeah, you may have to find some extra plugins for something like Windows Movie Maker but you can get a program like Windows Movie Maker to be just as good as Mac's iMovie free and legally.

But that's just my opinion. Of course, I still know how to use a Mac and the programs required for my field but I still prefer a PC.

I only get a virus when I go on a questionable site. the only time where I randomly got the virus was the Google re-direct one recently. But now that I know about it, I just don't use google and instead use Yahoo since I'd rather be safe than sorry. But if I ever got the Google re-direct virus, there's a great video on youtube that takes you step by step how to completely remove it.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Yes you can use software for both, I just like the stable security of the Mac more. I don't want all my precious data wiped because my PC choked from the thousandth virus it picked up.

That's why I like Macs as well.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:10 pm

even though it's more stable, it's also way more expensive. refurbished Mac laptops are in the $1000s. pretty ridiculous if you ask me. if i could afford a Mac, I would get one. at least Handbrake can actually work on the Mac @_@

seriously, i dont get what Windows 7's issue is with that program. it's a completely legal program.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Never even heard of that, what does that do? I had to by a Mac for school. It wouldn't had been my choice either, but it's the one that the school wanted us to get. They gave a student discount though so it came out cheaper.

So did my programs. I got a whole bundle for about $300.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:20 pm

yeah, my school doesn't make us get laptops. they just have the lab that's opened 24/7. but sometimes what i do is if the class doesn't specify which program i have to use, i just use my Sony Vegas Pro 10 for school projects. it's just as good as Final Cut and i can work on the project at home.

actually, since my Post Production Class was just a review of a class I took in high school, i did all my projects on Vegas XD.

Handbrake rips whatever is on your DVD and puts it into an editable file format. but it's controversial because technically you can pirate stuff then.

But I use Handbrake as a means to get high quality footage off my DVDs so I can edit it for projects for school. like, if i have to make a movie trailer, how the hell am i supposed to make the trailer if i cant rip the footage off the DVD that i bought? that's how i was going to get the opening to Avatar for you. it wouldn't be me using it illegally because i own the DVD and you'd just be making it into a logo for a site.

Which is why Handbrake shouldn't be blocked from Windows 7. if a person choose to use it illegally, that's their business and their problem. but the program itself is not illegal =p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Well got a call a few hours ago where I sent my laptop. Had to head over to sign some papers and whatnot because they're shipping it away to be repaired. They said it should cost about $150/250, which isn't bad for any laptop, especially a quality one like Macbook Pro.

Should take about 2 1/2 weeks or so...that means that the project surprises must be put on hold. I will not tell you anything about these surprises because of the setback, only because once I tell you, you will probably pester me or pester the techs to hurry :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:55 pm

that sucks.

at least this happened now instead of closer to when school starts.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:39 pm

As long as they can fix it, I'm happy.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Anyway, getting back on topic.

Apparently this is a real 'sketch' for the series. That's what someone said, but I kind of have my doubts. Looks more like fanart, but I figured I'd share it anyway.

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste - Page 8 Tumblr_lp20sg2ed41qceiz6o1_500
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:36 pm

it is a real sketch. it was shown in the panel.

i think it's supposed to be more like concept art though. a lot of the drawings that were shown were just silly things one of the designers did.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:38 pm

It doesn't even look like he's from Avatar, the clothes scream 21st century.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:50 pm

^ i think it's just the angle.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=brolin#/d41oiuh

too lazy/busy to find legit art but it looks like the top of his clothes drawn there to me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Yeah, maybe, but it looks like one of those preppy shirts.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:04 pm

i dont think it is but it could be. either way, i think it's just for fun. he is reading a 'How to Be a Man' book after all =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:07 pm

And with one of those lame preppy shirts, he needs all the of that, that he can get.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next