Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

Post  zfish9 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:44 pm

There is going to be a new spin off series to avatar called Avatar: Legend of Korra.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100721/ap_en_tv/us_tv_legend_of_korra

http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/34425/new-series-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-premieres-in-2011
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

Post  Lee on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Yeah I heard about that, but not much information has been revealed. Some think it's going to be a complete new world while others think it's going to take place during Aang's adventures, like after the Fire Nation surrenders.

I'd rather have a new world then it be the same old place. The joy of the first series was that everything was new, the characters, the lands, and so on...here it will all be old while we experience again with some possibly annoying centralized character.
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18340

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:00 pm

omg I actually have not heard about this at all!

O_O

was it released at Comic Con (the info?)

anyway....

umm it sounds to me like it's going to take place in the past based on the brief summary. though, i still cant believe Viacom is actually allowing this to happen. I mean, Viacom has done really stupid stuff in the past. The fact that they're actually doing something cool is weird.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16969

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:03 pm

No it's supposed to take place 70 years after the first series. Korra is supposed to be a rebellious teen (like we don't have enough of those annoying characters) who does whatever she wants to get what she wants.

Sounds like a bad character design for the main already unless she changes.

It takes place in a steam punk technological world (probably thanks to the Mechanist people like Sokka) but she finds out that the world and government is a little corrupt. BaSingSe anyone?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm curious about what the airbenders are going to be like in the future. I can imagine there won't be many in the show, if any. also, if it's only 70 years, we might be seeing some of the old characters. Not too happy if they do that, new characters would be nice.

...But an 80-90 year old foamy would be... interesting to say the least. Or a grandson of the cabbage merchant.

I'm not too worried about the rebellious teen part. She's sure to change. After all, at the end Aang changed from goofing around all the time and not taking things too seriously to how he is now.
zfish9
Air Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:27 pm

okay, this is what wikipedia says:

Korra is a Water Tribe Avatar who the creators say will be "hotheaded, indepedent, and ready to take on the world". She has already mastered the elements of Water, Earth, and Fire. She needs to master Air, taking her to Republic City, a steampunk metropolis city plagued by crime. With the help of her airbending master, Tenzin - son of Avatar Aang - Korra will also have to contend with an anti-bender revolution taking place in the city.

it doesnt really sound to me that Korra will be a stereotypical rebellious teen. i believe the creators will add a little spin to it.

the rest of it im going to take with a grain of salt (namely Tenzin) since it is from wikipedia and i haven't heard enough about the series to determine whether or not it could be accurate. though, i will say, the anti-bender thing disappoints me a little. i mean, it just sounds so....cliche. it reminds me of X-Men.

but maybe, just maybe, we'll get a little recap of what happened to Zuko's mom and we can get that settled. because really, that needs to be answered considering the way they set that whole side story up.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Aww, she already knows firebending and earthbending? I wouldn't of minded her learning those in the series. oh well.

Are they trying to kill off what little remains of the airbenders with the anti-bending revolution?
zfish9
Air Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:06 pm

i have no idea. it depends on where the city is, i guess. the world may now be where the world isnt separated by four nations and is instead mixed. so benders could be anywhere and it ends up being another 'us' vs. 'them' situation.

as much as i want a Zuko's mom thing, im also kind of hoping the series actually takes place way longer than 70 years. because then that would mean Aang is dead in order for the new avatar to live....and thats sad especially since we know characters have lived to be around 100 or even older (not taking how long Aang was frozen into consideration).
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:12 pm

I heard rumor that Aang was supposed to be her guide, sort of like how Roku was his.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:23 pm

i wonder how he would look if he was her guide.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:25 pm

Probably in his monk clothing, that he wore in the end, and older. He might even be an old frail man like Gyasto was.

I don't like the idea that she's already mastered most elements. It takes away from the adventure experience. I like to watch a show where the people on adventure are complete greenhorns when they start.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm

i can understand why they did that though. i mean, i dont know if i want to watch another Avatar go through the same thing where she has to learn the elements all over again. i want to see something different.

im hoping they go all Dark Knight on us and put something together where we're like 'damn'. it will make up for the disappointment season 3 was XD.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:34 pm

Season 3 was awesome! Maybe you thought it sucked, but that's just your opinion. I liked Season 3 just as much as 2.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 pm

i didnt think season 3 sucked. i just thought waiting for three years or however long it was was a long wait when i still thought season 2 was better. Season 3 had actual fillers where most of the beginning episodes offered no advancement in the main plot whatsoever. Season 2 was much more calculated. and that's why i was disappointed. of course, season 3 did have its moments but i wouldnt say it was the best season.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:40 pm

It tied with me with season 2. You might call it filler because it doesn't help the actual storyline, but the characters really developed. There wasn't much to do since they had to wait for the invasion plan. It was all about taking out the Fire Nation during season 3, so there wasn't much to do after they made it on land.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:24 pm

i guess so but since there was nothing much to do they could have made Zuko look for his mom earlier and had a reunion at a decent time.

no, i will not get over this. they developed that WAY too much to suddenly ignore it. I mean, there was an ENTIRE episode devoted to Zuko's mom and his relationship with her. And I wanted my crying episode damn it!

the second part of season 3 though was great. i just wish it had been more consistent.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:30 pm

I really liked Sokka's Master and the Boiling Rock, possibly the most of Season 3.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:37 pm

I liked the Western Air Temple and...I'd have to look other episodes.

I also liked the Ember Island Players. It's probably my favorite filler...if it'd be considered a filler. I'm not sure with that one.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:40 pm

I think it would be considered one. But it's on a whole different level then where The Great Divide stands.

"That sounds boring...why don't we just fly you over on Appa.

That's most kind of you sir!

Uhuhuh! Bison fuel isn't free.

...But we're refugees.

Get a job you hobos!

Aw Sokka we could had learned a life long valuable lesson.

Here's a lesson for you Aang. We can't buy food with life long valuable lessons. And to prove that I'm going to get a job in the next episode."
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:57 pm

^ lol.

i like how in the Ember Island Players, they're like 'let's just skip it' with the Great Divide XD.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:58 pm

lol yeah and I especially like the part with Jet.

I don't get it, did Jet just die?

You know it was never really that clear...
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:04 pm

i love that part too XD.

and how Sokka says 'Oh and I think Combustion Man just died.' there are so many great jokes in that episode. thats why i like it XD. i cant wait to see the bubbles on that one.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:02 pm

Well I found this image at another site. I'm not sure if it's official or not, but if it is this is what the art will be like and how technological advanced the world will be 70 years from the first series.

It looks almost similar, but just one image isn't much to judge a thought on.

I'm also guessing that's Korra, but she looks a bit too manly if you ask me.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:07 pm

i read an interview last night saying that image was concept art. so her design may have been altered.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:16 pm

It would be cool if it was her brother or cousin or something like that. Like they did with Sokka and Katara.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: