Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

3 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste - Page 2 Empty Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:38 pm

^ that would be a slap in the face to all the die hard Avatar fans who are raving about what Korra looks like XD.

at comic con: oh...that's just her brother....

O_O
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste - Page 2 Empty Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

Post  Lee Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:57 pm

Yeah but I hope she has a cast that goes on the adventure with her.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:05 pm

the interview i read (and i will provide a link) i believe said they want to try and keep her in the same place pretty much. so that would be the city. so i dont know if she's going to have a group. they might want to try something different and not have a group.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/07/21/legend-of-korra-the-creators-of-avatar-the-last-airbender-on-the-new-spinoff/
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:14 pm

Meh...that's kinda lame. I might tune in to see if I want to see this or not now. I mean exploring the world...that's what adventure is all about...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:43 pm

not necessarily. i dont mind when adventures take place in one set location. i mean, the city could be big enough for plenty of exploring. like Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman where the entire book takes place in the city of London. i think they can pull it off.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:44 pm

Yeah but that's a book, you get to create your own imagination...at most it will only be a season long without growing stale.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:53 pm

imagination really isnt a definitive factor. if they can write a decent story that will last a long time, then it doesnt matter if it's traveling or not traveling. i mean, Batman's been in Gotham city for lord knows how long.

if it starts to get stale, they can have them travel. i think they just want to try that out and see where it goes. they can also have them travel somewhere temporarily and come back to the main city.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Just found out over on avatarspirit.net that Korra is going to be a miniseries. 12 episodes. which sounds good to me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:01 pm

I figured as much. You can't really make a 3 season series with just being in one place. I hope we get to see some old familiar faces though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:04 pm

yeah, me too. i have a feeling we'll see Aang as Korra's guide but I don't know about anyone else.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Tenzin is Korra's father and also the son of Aang and Katara...so I think Katara and probably Sokka will be there. They most likely will be seen a few times since they're family.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:14 pm

wait, Tenzin is Korra's father!?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Yeah why? That's what an interview says...sorry if I spoiled that for you.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:18 pm

omg where does it say that? does it say it in the interview i posted because i dont remember reading that XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Yeah it does....at least it's on one interview by Mike and Bryan themselves.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:28 pm

ill take your word for it rather than reading it =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Wait, what? I thought Tenzin was Aang's son, and Korra had to find him to learn airebending...
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Well someone screwed up this interview then...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:05 pm

i say we just wait for it to be announced.

honestly though, i hope it isnt true and i hope Tenzin isn't Korra's dad. I would like a new avatar that doesn't have to be related to the old one. but thats just me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:06 pm

Well if it is true, then what Aang said in the Avatar and FireLord actually stays true to the story.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:15 pm

what did Aang say? i dont remember.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:17 pm

That friends or friendships last ugh...you got to watch the show to understand it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:20 pm

no no no, i meant blood related. they have to be connected somehow but i dont like the idea of the new avatar having to be blood related to the old avatar. i think the connection that Tenzin is teaching Korra airbending is enough of a connection.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:21 pm

Stop picking and over analyzing things LS, it's their show to do as they please. You can always write a well thought out letter that they'll probably just use for toilet paper.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:25 pm

i thought you thought i was thinking i didnt want them connected at all. i was clarifying.

it doesnt matter to me what actually happens as long as the series is good. i just prefer that Korra isnt related to Tenzin by blood.

and this has nothing to do with my odd preference with relationships involving large age gaps that has been going on lately =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next