Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend of Zelda series

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Legend of Zelda series Empty Legend of Zelda series

Post  Lee Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:28 pm

I figured a game/series this awesome deserved it's own thread. Here we can discuss the different games, show, merchandise, whatever!

Anything from asking for help/walkthroughs for a certain game to talking about the awesomeness and or spoiler/shocking stories.

I finished Skyward Sword yesterday and then decided to head on the net to figure some things out. There was stuff that I was curious about, that may or may not relate to other games.

I found this pretty nifty book, that's going to be released in US soon. It was recently published in Japan, it's a timeline history of every Zelda game and how they follow each other. I read up on what was revealed so far and it was pretty interesting.

Other then that I don't think the ending was that great all around. The only part that was really good can be found here, if you don't mind spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bEMoyPegNI

Spoiler:
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Legend of Zelda series Empty Re: Legend of Zelda series

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:20 pm

my friend told me i couldn't read any spoilers for skyward sword because it's so epic. so im not going to. ill only do it if im having trouble playing the game when i get it XD.

and the only zelda game ive played was Windwaker...all the others i either never played or started to but didnt finish. i mean, ive played a bit of Ocarina elsewhere and i had Oracle of Ages but I got stuck where I didnt know what forest I was supposed to go to or something...so i stopped playing it lol.

i have also played the old old nintendo version but i didnt get very far. i used to think it was Robin Hood but then I realized it was Zelda lol.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:20 pm

I wouldn't say that it's the most epic Zelda game out there, but it is good. Also, we all know you LS lol. You keep saying you're going to get to OoT and when did we have that talk? Way back in 2009.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:07 pm

I know. but now I really have to wait. cause I don't have either system anymore for the game XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:53 pm

I'd say just go for Skyward Sword when you get the system. You're mentioning that you really want to try it and I know you'll probably get half way with OoT and stop lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:41 pm

well i was going to get both anyway lol. im just waiting for the system(s) for it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:42 pm

Oh well, until then I suppose. Mild spoiler, but really not too revealing. I think Skyward Sword starts off the link of reincarnations. In other words, it's the very first adventure.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:44 pm

yeah i heard it comes before Ocarina of Time.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:47 pm

I think it comes before all of the Zelda games. The master sword is always wedged in some big fancy looking pedestal. Though each game shows the pedestal in a different state of deterioration.

Skyward Sword has the pedestal and a building surrounding it, which isn't in any form of disrepair. Twilight Princess has the master sword in a ruined pedestal called Faron Woods and that's where the master sword is in SkywardSword so I don't think it's much of a coincidence.

Although each game has the pedestal, ruins, and buildings surrounding it looking differently. They probably don't know themselves.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Right........like I said, only played one game here so I can't really say anything other than to nod and agree at whatever you're saying :D and I played Windwaker YEARS ago (at least, I already had the sword when I went back to beat it) so I have no idea what the place looked like when I got the sword. Hell, I don't even remember getting the sword to be honest...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:16 pm

You get more then one sword in Zelda games. You normally just start off with a common everyday sword, then move up to the powerful Master Sword later in the game.

So do you have the Master Sword or are you at the very beginning where you just get the first sword?

Also did you know that WW is after OoT?
Spoiler:
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:20 pm

i beat Windwaker already and yes I know Windwaker is after Ocarina.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Really, I thought you said that you've never really played through or finished a Zelda game before.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:38 pm

no, I beat Windwaker over the summer XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Oh nice, this summer? When did you get it?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:06 pm

i think it was this summer...i dont remember but it was recent. and ive had the game since like i got a gamecube lol XD. i just stopped playing it because i hated doing the dungeon i was in. so i would leave the dungeon and just go on the boat and do nothing :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:44 am

Skyward Sword has some interesting dungeons, as does Twilight Princess I think. They were considered dungeons, but a lot of them weren't the dark atmosphere type. I can't give too much away with the layouts or what some places were without making it another spoiler.

Then again you can't not say something to someone who hasn't played most Zeldas without it being a spoiler :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:10 am

you could probably mention locations and id have no idea what you were talking about.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:01 pm

Well one dungeon that comes to mind is from Twilight Princess. It's not like the common dungeons because it's in a bright blue sky. It looks really welcoming unlike the many other dull gray dungeons from previous Zelda games.

I think they started to stray away from that design now that graphics are becoming more detailed.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:15 pm

good because I hated going in the dark dungeons. I don't know, that's kind of like how I am in real life though where if I'm sitting in a room and I look out the window and I see it's nice out, I get really frustrated because I want to go outside. It was the same thing with the dungeons in Windwaker: i knew for the most part it was nice outside and I could ride the boat where ever I wanted so I hated being in the dungeons XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:55 pm

I didn't care for all the ocean traveling. Would had been better if there were more islands to inspect or more that weren't so useless except for one treasure chest or whatever.

WindWaker was a great game don't get me wrong, but I didn't care how restrictive it was where you could travel, like Phantom Hourglass and SpiritTracks. There wasn't much traveling that was fun (as was OoT or TP)

SkywardSword has the same problem, but not to that extent. In the sky there's not much but clouds and a few spare sky islands. The first few times the sky imagery is beautiful, but there's not much change in the scenery.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:16 pm

for me, getting too much roam space would only seriously distract me. and id probably get lost and wander for hours XD. I was already kind of doing that with Windwaker at times :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:18 pm

So was I with WindWaker. The sea was so freaking big and the same. If you never used the map frequently you would end up getting lost easily. I remember one time thinking I was on the right track and I went all across the damn ocean to the other border.

Free roam space like in TP and OoT was easier to follow because not two places were the same. So it was easy to tell where you were.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:21 pm

oh...yeah i used the map eventually...

actually, wasn't the map where you had to talk to the fish to fill it all out? i just used the map poster that came with the book to figure it out cause i couldnt always find the fish XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:22 pm

I can't remember. I think the fish was only to fill in islands (which were treasure and sidequest based.)

Other then that where you were on the map still showed up. It's been years since I've played so I don't fully remember.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next