Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

3 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste - Page 5 Empty Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

Post  Lee Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:30 pm

I just don't want her overpowered like Toph was. She almost never had difficulty. It made the action/fights so predictable and boring, even if they are flashy.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste - Page 5 Empty Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

Post  Lee Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:03 am

http://3anime.com/avatar-the-legend-of-korra-trailer-and-release-date/1214

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/03/06/the-last-airbender-legend-of-korra-exclusive-first-look/

I'm not too sure how legit these links are, but if they're the real deal then this is what Korra is going to look like. A bit muscular if you ask me for the series. Reminds me of those steroid X-Men men and women lol.

I hope that Korra isn't godmodded like Toph was. If she is then this show will be so damn predictable. So person talks smack or has some huge villainous and crafty idea that makes the episode interesting only to be smashed down lickty split. I hate shows like that, and they're usually a dime a dozen.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:15 pm

^ yeah i agree. i hope she isn't too powerful.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:22 am

If they can keep the show where she's powerful, but her enemies are just as powerful, it will be interesting. Otherwise it's just going to be too repetitive.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/03/07/the-last-airbender-legend-of-korra-exclusive-cast-announcement/

Also in one of the links, if you didn't look, there's a list of the cast. I don't see any Meelo nor do I see a character for Basco.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:38 pm

maybe they changed Meelo's name.

and it could be that Basco's character just appears in one episode or something.

i also found this: it's bits from an interview with the creators.

* "The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra" is due out on Nickelodeon in mid-2012.

* Originally, the new series had been picked up for 12 episodes, but Nickelodeon recently ordered 14 more.

* The creators say they "have lots of ideas for the Avatar universe" and that they "could be tapping into them for years to come".

* The present status of the new series: all the scripts have been recorded and the episodes are currently being animated.

* The tone of the new series is older. The main characters are in their late teens, with Korra herself being 16 or 17.

* Ships ahoy! "We've always loved those kind of teen love triangle type stories […] We're definitely getting into it in this series."

* There will be cars and motorcycles in the world of Avatar Korra.

* Regarding the characters from the original series, Bryan says "it's 70 years later so they'll appear in various ways perhaps", and Mike adds that "there is definitely a link to the old series and the old characters."

* Korra's personality is basically the anti-Aang. She is "in your face", "tough", "headstrong", and sometimes picks fights with people on purpose.

* The main villain of the new series is "kind of an anti-bending revolutionary guy", who is also described as "very scary" and "a challenge for Korra".

* The mystery of Zuko's mom continues. Say the creators, "That question will be answered in some way, but not necessarily in the show."

i don't know if i like the idea of cars and motorcycles in the avatar universe. and oh, great, another love triangle =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:44 pm

I know right? Cars? That sounds stupid, unless they can make them look primitive and unique. If I see a mini-van and pickup truck...that's it. I'm out of here.

* Korra's personality is basically the anti-Aang. She is "in your face", "tough", "headstrong", and sometimes picks fights with people on purpose.
Just what we need. Why does the lead female always have to be rebellious? It's used too much, despite what people may think. Sounds like she might be a bit bitchy to, if I may add. Hopefully not as much as Katara's bipolar attitude. Her personality only worked so well because of the others surrounding her.

It's also supposed to be released in November, that much I do know. As long as Sokka makes a reappearance, I'll be happy.

Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:56 pm

^ yeah the only way i would like it is if they do old fashion cars and motorcycles. but even that seems like a stretch for the avatar universe...

and i agree with you on the being rebellious bit. why can't we have a sort of Suki as the lead? I thought she was great in season 3. she kicked ass and she wasn't a bitch but she wasn't perfect either. if we're going to have rebellious women, i'd rather have someone that isn't drastically tough. i think every character is rebellious at one point or another but we don't need someone that's 'in your face'. honestly, those characters tend to annoy me.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:07 pm

I meant their own invented type of automobiles. They wouldn't look anything like ours probably.

I thought I was alone on hating those types. I don't care whether their male or female, they're annoying. As long as she learns along the way it'll be fine, but if she doesn't, lame.

It depends who the character is and what the setting is. Like in Red Dead Redemption, the main character is mostly in everyone's face. Well he only does so when provoked or they aren't dishing out their part of the bargain.

It works so well for that era though, because it's the untamed wild west. For a calm peaceful and spiritual place like Avatar, especially the Avatar, it doesn't work.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:11 pm

i think there's a way to do an 'in your face' type of character right and i dont think avatar necessarily does that well. like, i think the only 'in your face' type characters i like are the ones that are in your face but do it in an eloquent almost polite manner. but that goes towards the more 'arrogant ass' type character.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:56 am

There's been something I thought about for a while, but never brought it up or kept forgetting it.

You know the Avatar cycle? Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. The avatar had to always follow this pattern of mastery, which they explain in the show. So the Avatar starts of with their element then branches off, like Aang did. He started with Air, water, earth, and lastly fire.

If this pattern holds true, wouldn't Korra actually need to master two elements instead of just one? I like how they keep switching the plots and everything for the new show.

I'm actually being kind of skeptical about this show, until I see it. I also heard they're making it close to 25 episodes now.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:25 pm

i heard that Korra is a waterbending master and she's looking for an airbending teacher so she can master air. she already knows the other elements. if it starts Water, Earth, Fire, Air, it works. i think...unless im not getting what you're saying.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Oh wait, she's from the Water Tribe? For some reason I thought she was from the Earth Kingdom. Never mind, I guess they are still following the rules they laid out. Still I hope they don't make her too much of a powerhouse in the beginning. Part of what draws me into a show which is geared towards adventure (where each episode follows the previous) Is the group or person learning and struggling along the way.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:00 pm

i dont mind if a character starts out strong as long as there are people better than them or they have other challenges they have to face.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:07 pm

That's what I mean. So it's still a struggle because they have to somehow surpass those people.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:06 pm

yeah, so i guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:45 am

No news as of now, but apparently they upped the date from November 2011 to the same month of the next year. Hopefully they don't push it any further, otherwise they might lose the enthusiasm of the fans that they have.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:58 pm

they wont lose the interest of the fans. video games have moved release dates for years and they do just fine lol. but, i do hate when they pull this on us =/
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:04 pm

They'll lost a lot of the less dedicated fans by prolonging it.

They should do what a lot of series do. Air one episode that is finished and then the rest the following year. That way the people have something to wet their appetite.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:33 pm

yeah but when has Nick ever done anything smart? =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:34 pm

If only Toonami was still around. That place was the best! Every Friday a line of shows that weren't a compete waste of space.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:39 pm

yeah too bad Nick would never allow that even if Toonami still existed.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Actually it could had happened earlier if it was still around. Nick only had a contract for the first series. After how they treated the third season (like they didn't want it and then crammed it all in one week like they wanted it through the back door) I'm surprised they want another series.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:48 pm

i though Nick owned the property of Avatar.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:50 pm

I think they just signed a contract, which can be broken I suppose...wishful thinking, I know.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:04 pm

im pretty sure they own the rights to it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next