Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Lee Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:14 am

...Cursing works to.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Okay, mini rant time.

I'm really annoyed how a lot of the Disney blogs I follow on tumblr are bitching about Cars 2 not being nominated for the Oscars and how Rango won even though it wasn't a good movie.

I spent a good 10 minutes writing something that defended Rango and the post was deleted. Because I'm annoyed that 1. a lot of people haven't even seen Rango that are bitching and 2. they're saying that Rango is unoriginal: that's the main aspect of they're whining. Okay, im not going to pretend to say that I saw Cars 2 but how is Rango unoriginal but Cars 2 is where Rango is just paying homage to Westerns and Cars 2 is paying homage to spy movies. from what I've heard of Cars 2, they're pretty equal in terms of unoriginality.

I guess it just comes down to the fact that I'm annoyed because some Disney fans feel like Disney (and Pixar) can do no wrong and can't make a movie that isn't the best of the year. Even though I love Disney and I usually do find something that I like in every Disney movie, I can still admit that some of them suck and don't deserve to be nominated. I liked Winnie the Pooh for instance, but I didn't think it was or potentially even should have been nominated. And it's especially annoying that they're willing to tear apart another animated movie just to say Cars 2 should have been nominated. It's one thing to go after a live-action movie because the Academy doesn't really acknowledge animated movies to begin with but to go after a fellow animated movie is just really annoying.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:23 pm

I'm just so pissed that Cars 2 didn't win, Rango didn't deserve it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:37 pm

Rant Thread - Page 32 Misc_gtfo

XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Sorry I couldn't help myself, you get too heated up about these kinds of things.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:54 pm

i know :p my opinion is law at times
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:33 am

A lot of times when I go on you-tube or anywhere online where videos allow commenting, I'll often see such idiotic and flame baiting posts, especially about the Civil War and reenactments.

Oh god just don't get me started on the amount of idiocy, rudeness, and segregation that goes on in those. I often don't read any comments on Civil War footage or reenactments for that very reason. And if I do, I just ignore them.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:19 pm

oh i never read the comments on Youtube. there are some pretty stupid people there.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:20 pm

I don't just mean youtube though, because the Civil War is such a touchy subject with some people.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:24 pm

oh...ive honestly never really had a situation where people disagreed with me about the civil war. like, everyone by me pretty much has a similar ideology in terms of what was 'right' and 'wrong' if you know what i mean...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:28 pm

No I mean any part of the war. Like some person might say such and such happened during this battle.

And then someone will rag on them, calling them all sorts of profanities, before correcting them with their 'so called evidence'
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:30 pm

^ either way, ive never encountered people who actually disagree with what happened with the Civil War.

i did, however, have an entire class get reprimanded because only a select few knew what decade the Civil War took place in.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:31 pm

...Did you know?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:31 pm

of course i knew :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:59 pm

I will say that I get annoyed about people who look at either side of the Civil War and label it black and white.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:07 pm

i think thats part of the school system though. i mean, the Union side was clearly the favorite in my classes. i dont remember anything good that was said about the Confederate side other than the badass Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson. (i believe there were more badasses but i cant remember who they were)

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:21 pm

History is always written by the victors and so a lot of things are left out. People always claim to know everything about a certain subject, but if they don't bother to read or study more then what their school taught them, they have no right running their mouth at others who have years or research on their belt.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:31 pm

^ well yeah but it's not always easy to tell who has the years of experience and who doesn't.

it's one thing if you just state your opinion to the one who has more experience. it's another if you claim the one who has more experience really knows nothing.

like, im not going to get mad at people who have a negative (or, even positive sometimes) opinion of a Disney movie but have no idea what the history behind the movie is. i will, however, get mad at someone who seems to count my opinion as invalid even though i know more in the Disney department and starts to act as though they are an encyclopedia of Disney knowledge when they really know diddly squat :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:19 pm

I just love how Comic Con took extra precautions to make sure the site didn't crash and they failed miserably.

They send a link to everyone to click it when the tickets go on sale but the link keeps crashing. Well, it turns out you had to go to the main page ANYWAY or type in the link individually. What kind of BS is that?

So basically, I wasted 9 precious minutes trying to figure out what the problem was. So now I'm 12,000 something in line.

Though the Waiting Room isn't that bad. But still, wtf this was a disaster.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Wait you're going to the comic con? Is that the one that's way up in Washington or something?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:34 pm

its in California and we havent decided yet. but since tickets are difficult to get and there's a full refund policy, my mom said i could try to buy tickets and worse case scenario we just get the refund.

i could only get for Sunday though. we were going to go possibly Saturday and Sunday but Saturday was sold out by the time I got there.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Well hopefully they don't try to screw you over and change the return policy.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:56 pm

i doubt it since they resell the tickets that are refunded. they do that to try and prevent people from having to buy the tickets from scalpers.

if they do though, i will be pissed. even though the tickets were only $20 each....cause Sunday's the least popular day....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Have you ever went to this comic con before? I know it's the biggest one, but I've never been to any.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Nope, never gone. Have no idea what to expect.

I know if we don't go this year, I'm definitely going next year.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next