Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Lee Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Tell that to the ones watching it. Probably looked like some rock concert with all those flashing lights :P

The performance was crap, but they had the visual effects down.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:30 pm

more like the performance was crap and so were the visual effects XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:32 pm

That post reminds me Ember Island Players. "We at least the effects were good." Silly string and giant masks...yup.

Got to watch that again! Especially the Jet part, that was great.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:04 pm

^ that episode is hilarious
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Yeah I almost forgot about it! There's a lot of fans who hate the episode though. There was even an advent Katara supporter on one forum who created a lengthy topic why it should had been cut and replaced with another full blow Katara only episode.

Needless to say, we shot her to the sun.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:14 pm

I didn't particularly enjoy that episode either from my memory. I mean, I liked when they went into the library but I wasn't too fond of the beginning.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Are you talking about the library episode? I think you might be getting our conversations mixed up. Unless you meant you didn't like Ember Island. Cause I really liked it. It was nice episode to make fun of everything, especially the fans.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:00 pm

oh...........

yeah, i got the conversation mixed up. lol

i like Ember Island. its funny.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get to see much of Season 3 turned into a comedy. I don't know exactly what they would had done, but I would had like to see it nonetheless.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:07 pm

yeah, they should have done season 3 but part of the problem was most of the feedback for season three happened during that long waiting period where the episode was probably already complete or near completion. at least, thats what i would think. i dont remember how things happened exactly in terms of release dates and production.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:12 pm

I honestly think that this filler episode was the last thing they did, even probably before the final episodes. That's how I would had handled it anyway.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:20 pm

that would have made sense but i dont know if that actually happened or not.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:26 pm

It's the most logical approach. The episode is not needed, so I would have had everyone focus on finishing the show before adding some commentary episode.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:38 pm

right. but like i said, i dont know what actually happened in terms of production.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:39 pm

I thought they explained that in the Avatar art book. I'll have to find my copy...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:09 pm

i dont remember.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:29 pm

I'm not entirely sure I want to go into full detail but I'm pretty pissed. I asked a simple question to a certain someone and the answer I got ended up blowing up in my face because it revealed some things I'd rather not know about. Not only that, but now the person I told this to is also pissed because now they know information they were better off not knowing. So not only am I miserable because I found this new information out, I'm extra miserable because said person is one of those types of people that has to make everyone else feel miserable when they're miserable and is making me feel like this is somehow all my fault. Not to mention, this piece of information means the new job I got might have just been a sick plan to keep tabs on me so certain people could essentially spy on me and find out what I'm doing through my job. In other words, I didn't earn this job at all, it was just given to me so people could 'keep an eye on me'. And, to be honest, I don't know if I like that and I'm actually seriously considering quitting if that's what's really going on. The problem is, I don't know if I can trust my boss enough to talk to him and find out if that's what's really going on or if he's going to 'rat me out'.

And, to top this all off, this just had to happen so close to the holidays and practically ruin my holiday spirit. like i said, i wish i hadn't said anything to begin with and cause this whole mess.

I need the Doctor to come back on tv to make me feel better :/
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:52 pm

I don't know the entire thing, but to think that everyone in your job is 'behind the scenes' is just silly. You might be overreacting, I wouldn't go quitting your job on the whim. Not unless you can find another one before doing so. Trust me you don't want to quit and not have a job to fall onto. I've seen plenty of people do that, it's not pretty.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:08 am

^ There's only one other person potentially involved and that would be my boss. The other person doesn't work there but just came in. But they all know each other personally...so it's not strange to think that 'everyone' is in on it because there's really only 3 people involved and 1 person is the person im working for.

I don't think my boss is involved or knows much about it. But I still don't know if I could say anything because since he knows the other two more than he knows me, if I say something, he might tell them what I said and that could cause problems. And I definitely think the other person came in on purpose. If they come in again when I'm working there, I'll definitely know they did it on purpose. I might just set a trap to confirm it :p

and for the record, im pretty much over this.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:03 am

Don't worry about it too much. As long as the job is good and pays well, I would try to hang on. If for some reason (whatever it is) interferes too much with your work, your mind, or away from work, then I would reconsider. Though I think that should be one of the last decisions you attempt to make.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:44 am

^ as i look back at this, i would just like to say that i managed to find out that i was being spied on by a third party and other things have happened where i am essentially put on the spot at work. all i can say is, it sucks. but luckily, school has started again so im not working as much at the office.

but thats not why i came on this thread again. its a little late, but these recent events occurred Friday. naturally, i got over it pretty quickly because i ended up getting what i wanted :p but today i got a little angry thinking about it again.

so on Friday I saw on campus that they were giving away stuffed animals for $5 from 12-2 pm. and one of them was a giraffe. i was immediately excited because Friday was my sister's friend's birthday and he's currently in the hospital with spinal cancer. and, what do you know, he loves giraffes. ive only gone to the hospital once to see him and i didnt plan on going on Friday because i was told his condition may make me pass out in the hospital and that's not very good for him mentally. so i figured id get him the giraffe and they could give it to him for his birthday.

so i ran over to place where they were being sold at around 1:15. i get there and they tell me that they were only giving away 50 and that at 7 pm they were going to give away free ones. at that point, i said okay and walked away. i started contemplating about it because i really wanted to get him the giraffe. but i had car-pooled that day so there was no way i could stay until 7 to wait for it and they were leaving for the hospital at 3. so then i decided to go back and tell my school the situation because, you know, my school is full of nice people and prides itself with being a tight, friendly community.

well, i get over there and i talk to the girls running the booth, explaining that i really wanted a giraffe for the kid, that he was a cancer patient, it was his birthday, etc. i asked if i could have the giraffe early and i said i would pay for it. they told me to go to the place that was running the event. so i go there and they tell me no, that i would have to wait until 7. so then i asked them 'okay but is there any way you can set aside a giraffe for me because it has to be a giraffe. he likes giraffes and i commute so it'll take me an hour to get back here.' and the kid said no they couldn't because it's free and it doesn't matter.

and then i got pissed. seriously, i just told you i needed a giraffe. IT DOES MATTER WHAT. this isn't for a stupid valentine (which was the reason for the free stuff) this was for a kid that has **** cancer. on his spine. its not like its a treatable cancer that's magically going to vanish out of thin air. and its his birthday and he likes giraffes. he doesnt want a penguin, or a bear or whatever else they had. he likes giraffes. plus, this school is all about being friendly and a tight community and they cant bend the rules for a **** cancer patient. and its not like they're really even bending huge rules: its just a damn stuffed animal and while it appear to mean anything to them, to someone who is going through something like that, it means EVERYTHING.

its this kind of **** that really pisses me off about our society in general. luckily, i texted some of my friends and one of them went and got the giraffe for me at 7 (after i told my mom the story, she told me not to even bother going but i still felt bad so...yeah) but still, even when i was telling my friend the story, she was saying how the school can't make the exception because then they have to bend the rules for everyone. and that's why im ranting about this i guess: i dont care what the rules are, when something tragic has happened to someone, you bend the goddamn rules. especially if its something as simple as giving a kid a toy that you're going to give away anyway in a few hours. maybe im just being over sensitive about this whole thing because no one really did anything for my family when we had the fire (there were a few exceptions) so the fact that the school wouldn't do something as simple as give a kid a toy for his birthday when he has cancer really pisses me off. i mean, is it just me?

and if they didn't believe me and thought i was lying, then they should have gotten a higher authority figure instead of just brushing me off. or rather, why didnt the other people that were in the room say something? i think even if a million people were to tell me the school was in the right or it was understandable for the school to act the way they did, i would still say that the way the school handled the situation was terrible and they should be ashamed of themselves.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:23 pm

I know you enough to know that you're not the type to make up some elaborate story, like a thief, but there are a lot of people who would stoop so low.

Sorry to hear about your troubles and your friend/sister's friend.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:49 pm

And our country is led to believe in the philosophy that you are innocent until proven guilty. I think I was extra annoyed because part of my campus' promotion is that everyone on campus is so nice, that we're all friendly and tight knit. So, in theory, if our campus is supposed to have this idealogy, then they should have believed me. I can understand if I was somewhere where the idealogy was to be skeptical but that's not the case.

Hence, why I was mad. Or rather, I was disappointed in my school.

But anyway, this is more of a question rather than a rant: all of a sudden, when I go to highlight something or type something on the forum, the cursor isn't appearing. I cant figure out if I pushed a wrong button to activate that or if the forum just...is doing it. How do I fix it?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Step 1: Curse at your computer screen.
Step 2: Kick your hardrive.
Step 3: Curse some more.

I don't know lol, it's probably your computer.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:58 pm

I figured it out...I just closed out of Firefox and went back in XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down