Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 36 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 36 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:11 pm

^ oh im not naming anyone in particular the moron, just saying there's one moron behind what happened :p or who knows, maybe there's several.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:46 pm

I can't concentrate on my work.

and it's not because of tumblr.

I can't concentrate when I know soon or maybe even now, the whole cast of Doctor Who is going to be in New York. They're going to be RIGHT FRIGGIN HERE!

I CAN'T HANDLE MY EMOTIONS!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:49 pm

I've been meaning to ask you, what has tumblr brought out of you and your uncontrollable emotions?

I mean half the times I see a blog that looks like someone bashed their skull into the key board for Korra or other anticipated material...I just don't get it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:54 pm

^ lmao

It's true, tumblr is a place where you can just be a total wacko and everyone's okay with it :p

I have no idea where this came from as I am a fairly new member of tumblr.

Of course, I've freaked out before over this kind of stuff...it's just more prominent because now I actually say more of what I'm thinking...

also, there's a limit to how much you can write in a post I believe. and it's rather short :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Eh...I guess that makes sense. :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:10 pm

^ You're missing the main point anyway. Matt Smith will just be about a half hour away from me.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Well it's Sunday and almost time for work again. Seems I do nothing but work, with several different jobs and people always calling me to do them favors when I do happen to get downtime or spare time.

Kind of gets annoying because I can't do anything I intend to do, like drawing, working on our different RPs, or anything.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:44 pm

^ yeah, kind of sort of know that feeling.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:53 pm

There are a lot of chores that piled about before, but they're being tackled one by one, so hopefully things will get better.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Hopefully.

I have been working on some fanfictions by the way. I've got two done that are Ai and Ryuzaki related and have a story worked out for a Mako and Bolin story.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Nice, do you plan on releasing those within this month?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:01 pm

i plan on releasing them tonight. i just have to type them out.

not sure about the Mako and Bolin one though since I haven't even written it yet. But the other two are written in my notebook already.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Very nice, looking forward to those.

Also I was planning on starting some of our RPs, but I might can that idea. My connection has been going in and out all weekend. They're coming out tomorrow night to check it, as it's also the phone line. Kinda late for a service call, but whatever, this is the fastest they've ever gotten to us, especially on a holiday weekend. So I'm not complaining.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:05 pm

^ nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I understand. What service do you have? Optimum usually comes pretty fast for us.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Verizon DSL, but they've been really great. They're also pretty cheap to.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:54 pm

ugh verizon....

XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Okay, that's it. I've got to rant about this.

So I'm not going to go into what happened yesterday because it's not really important. But basically yesterday my mom didn't want me to go to the city and end up having to meet my friend alone in the city.

Whatever. Point is, first she tells me that she'd take me after work because she doesn't want me going alone if I get a confirmed place and date. I get Thursday as a confirmed date but the place will probably be revealed during that day. Suddenly she's all 'oh well you know in New York they don't let you watch them film like they do here'. First of all, if that was such an issue WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THIS BEFORE? Secondly, there are tons of Whovians online right now trying to figure out where they are going to be and are planning on going to watch them film so we're not the only idiots thinking about doing this. There are even people driving far like six hours far to get to the city.

So now, Thursday's off. So then my friend is getting a group and we're going on Saturday. My mom doesn't even have to go and I tell her our plan basically: I'm looking (and by looking I mean avidly following any leads) to figure out 1. if they're going to film Saturday where they will be filming and 2. Where they have already been seen and see if there is a pattern as to their wandering locations. I'm pretty sure they are hanging out in the East Village because that's where they're filming for at least one scene. I suspect there are more scenes that will be in that area but I've only got one location confirmed so far. Now, she's giving me 'Oh well you know you are never going to find them in New York City and you're wasting your money when you have a college loan'. And this is where I gave her the typical 'whatever'.

First of all, the ferry is like $20 both ways and the taxi is a flat rate of $35. And I'm going with a group of people so whatever the cab costs, the price is going to be split. Let me compare this to the $400 + my sister is spending this summer going to a Supernatural convention; one that she has already been to and she is starting college next year where she will have a loan as well. So don't even start with this money loan crap with me when she's spending a ridiculous amount of money this summer and is going to France and Spain. Secondly, this is way cheaper than my other extravagant idea which was to go to Comic Con this year. Because the main reason I wanted to go and the only day I have the tickets for is the day Doctor Who is going to be there. And, let's be honest here, the chance of Comic Con is extremely slim and she's constantly flipping between 'yes' and 'no'. I understand why she's doing it but I wish she'd take the time to then understand why I'm going to the city to find the cast then because if I knew Comic Con was a definite, I wouldn't care that they were in NYC.

And then we have the last bit: look, I know the odds are against me. But people have been making the trip to NYC and haven't been exploring too much, just following the one or two tips that we've been getting and have seen the cast. Since they're right friggin here, I'd rather try and fail than not try at all. Not trying at all when the city is right here just seems stupid to me. I would think by now she would realize I'm the kind of person that would rather try and fail than not try at all and respect that decision rather than giving me **** for it. It's my decision, not hers.

I swear, if I end up not in the city because she pulls something and tells me I can't go because the odds are against me, she is never living down letting my sister go to the friggin Supernatural convention. Because that is just bullshit. $400 for the TICKET ALONE (not including the hotel room) is just a crazy price that I would probably never pay. Not twice anyway. I feel like she doesn't have the right to give me **** when my sister is spending that kind of money over the summer. And, again, if this was such a problem, she should have said something to me BEFORE I MADE THE DAMN PLANS. Seriously, she knew I have been working this out for weeks, avidly following tips and everything, what would possess you to think that NOW is the time to tell me all this instead of weeks ago? @_@

It makes no friggin sense.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:44 pm

I feel like if I say anything, you're going to rant on me as well. So I'll just nod, pretend I read every last word, and tell you to just go.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:45 pm

^ Yes Lee, just nod and pretend you agree with me.

Which I will also point out that although she said 'they don't let you watch people film in the city' they obviously do since a crap load of people were watching them film in Central Park today. And there was plenty of time to get the information on where they were filming and then go there because they were there all day today.

Yeah, just saying.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Just go, the only one stopping you is yourself.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:01 pm

I do want to just go. Unfortunately, I still have an obligation to respect my mom's wishes so if she says I can't go alone, I can't go alone.

I am obviously going to mention what I just said to my mom though. Maybe it will convince her that my idea isn't so stupid after all.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Or maybe you should just go. You're just letting your mom push you around and the more room you give her the less rope she will give you.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:15 pm

That's true...I agree.

why is this so hard? >.<
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Saying no? Well I guess because you've let people push you around too much and always cave in. You need to learn to stand up for yourself otherwise people are always going to be walking over you.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:04 pm

I do cave a lot. I can't say no for a lot of things.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next