Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 10 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 29, 2010 9:11 pm

i dont want to work for a retail store if i dont have to. unless the Disney Store actually went through with reading to little kids dressed up as a Disney character, i wouldnt want to work there.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat May 29, 2010 9:13 pm

Wait did that happen there or if it did you wouldn't had worked there?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 29, 2010 9:17 pm

the boss wanted to do that where one of the cast members would only come on weekends and dress up as a character and read to the kids while their parents shopped. but they couldnt do it because there wasnt enough space in the store. if they would have done that, i would have volunteered to do that job. but if not, then it's not worth it because they had me working there so little it wasnt worth the drive.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 31, 2010 8:18 am

Ok so i felt like making a rant about this even if it happened months ago. My Wii is bricked. I know that's probably not the right term to use as it mostly refers to modded Wiis from some research. I haven't tampered with my Wii in anyway, but it has all the problems that the brick Wii's do.

Last year, it might had happened in Summer or earlier, I had problems with my Wii. Before when I turned my Wii on it used to be a black screen and said something like "The system files are corrupted. Please see the Wii Operations Manual for troubleshooting."

When I also turned it on it used to have the same claim, but sometimes a lot of the words were scratched out and if I waved the Wiimote some of it faded back in. I couldn't do anything, but turn off the Wii and try again. Sometimes I was successful at advancing further in, but most times it just showed the same claim. I was told that I probably had a faulty official Wii download and so I was informed to get the newest downloads/patch or whatever is sent by Nintendo.

That worked great for a while, but then things got worst again. It probably happened sooner then I found out, but I hadn't played Wii much during that time. School and work and all that fun stuff that sucks up your precious spare time.

Now the screen just goes black. I don't get a claim or anything, nothing happens at all. I can't advance in to get the new download if that's the problem and all the cords are correctly plugged in. I can't turn off the Wii with my Wiimote and when I turn off the Wii, I have to do so manually as I hold in the power button for a good length of time.

I normally shrugged this off, but with new games coming soon I don't want to buy a new Wii. Plus I have a lot of saved files I wouldn't want to be lost. It sucks cause I don't know how reputable Nintendo is at fixing Wii's. I'm way over the warranty.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 31, 2010 5:03 pm

maybe you should call nintendo and ask them about it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 31, 2010 5:12 pm

I'll probably have to send it in, but the problem is that I don't know if they can save all my game files. That's like files from 2006/2010
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 31, 2010 5:36 pm

oh i see. i dont know then, i dont know the Wii very well.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 31, 2010 6:08 pm

Well as of now, mine is completely useless. I can't do anything with it, but it does power up. Although it just shows a black screen. So it's basically termed a brick. Cause all it's good for is being a stack.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 31, 2010 6:15 pm

if it's anything like a computer, they should be able to recover the files. i would think anyway.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 31, 2010 6:36 pm

I hope it does work. I did buy a memory card after it began happening, since I could still log in. I copied a lot of data to the card, but I could never figure out how to load the card data for the games. Plus I couldn't download all my games, some they wouldn't allow. Like SuperSmashBrawl. I put a lot of hours in that game to get the different characters and whatnot...and I can't save the file on my memory card because Nintendo thinks I'll cheat and do something screwy with the online game features. Which is completely stupid cause it hardly exploits anything if at all. They're just being too paranoid.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 31, 2010 6:39 pm

i dont know how that works and i dont know why nintendo would do that. im not really good with the whole online game things. XD

okay so this contest thing ends friday and i want it to be friday already because i think i actually have a chance at winning and the winner gets money, a trip to Comic Con, a dvd, and gets to meet Vic. I want to win this!!! especially since i think ive got a shot. gaaaaaah it's driving me nuts!!!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm

Does this have to do with your Alice performance?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 31, 2010 6:44 pm

no. it was a filmmaking contest.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 31, 2010 8:07 pm

Oh so this isn't one of the projects or works that you did with a group or in class? So what is it then? I know it's a film, but what kind?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:25 pm

i did it on my own. its a contest being held by Funimation. the film has to be 1 minute and 30 seconds and has to answer the question of why you deserve to go to Comic Con. the winner will get tickets to Comic Con and a whole bunch of stuff. it has to have a fullmetal alchemist theme.

i movie using the characters from FMA and i made the characters out of clay. i did it to show that i am a filmmaker and interested in animation which is why i should go =p. so i answered the question kind of like how you would do a college essay: it's convincing the viewer in a non-direct way. i didnt want to do what the other few entries are which is just people rambling for a minute and thirty seconds about why they should go and how big of a FMA fan they are.

i also want to do another film (you can do 5 entries). that will kind of be what other people did but not really. it's more of a spoof of what they did.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:24 am

Well it sounds interesting. It would be neat to see the clay animation, if that's even possible. I thought you were majoring in acting though?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:12 pm

im majoring in digital filmmaking. i only do acting as a hobby. though i do plan on taking some sort of acting oriented classes to help better understand communicating with actors when it comes to directing.

ill post a link to the video after the contest. right now, im working on another entry because the anxiety of this contest is getting to me. it's becoming film's class all over again.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:50 am

Ok well don't stress over the contest. It should be fun, not a chore.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:07 pm

im anxious cause i want to win =p.

oh by the way, that character i hate from LOST died. it wasnt as satisfying as i thought it would be.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:12 pm

It never is LS. Something happens where the just desert just takes too long to be delivered. Or they die on their knees, something like that where it just doesn't make it seem as justified as it should had been.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:33 pm

actually, i was pretty satisfied when Light from DN died.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:36 pm

More often then not though, the deaths aren't always that great.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:43 pm

i rarely want a character to die to begin with so that doesnt really help me either =/.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:47 pm

Recently I've wanted a lot of characters to die. Well that was when I was playing Red Dead Redemption. Then again half the people in the game were so screwed up.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:21 pm

i tend to sympathize with a lot of characters.

this contest is making me realize how much ive outgrown Windows Movie Maker. seriously, this program can't meet my needs and it's aggravating. i just wanted to make the font for the title look like the font from Destination Truth without completely copying it and i cant even do that. nope, it wont allow you to have different words have different fonts. ugh. so now i got to go into photoshop and do it and then put it back in wmm and hope it doesnt get screwed up along the way. plus, i dont know what the hell is wrong with either the wire or the fire wire card but it's speeding up certain things when it brings captured video into the computer.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 41  Next