Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 11 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:20 am

Get Final Cut and After Effects. They'll make everything a hell of a lot easier to work with.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:28 pm

yeah i know but there was no way i was going to be able to get the programs in time for the contest.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:36 pm

Well you could always work this summer to get those programs. Trust me they'll make things so much easier. Use the your a student excuse for discounts.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:47 pm

it's not just the programs, id need a better computer that has more memory and can hold the programs. i only have like 3 GB left on this laptop and this laptop is pretty old.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:51 pm

Just buy some flash drives. They're so cheap now it's not even funny. I remember when I had to buy a 1GB flash it was like $30 and that was in late 2006 or early 2007. Now 1GB and even 4GB are like $20.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:54 pm

you can put final cut pro on a flashdrive O.o
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:55 pm

It's not advised, but yes.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:59 pm

why is it not advised? could i break my computer by trying to do it? or is it a legal thing...

by the way, did anyone watch my videos i posted here? did i even post them here? im going nuts with this contest thing. and i dont even think im going to win anymore @_@
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:55 pm

I don't know. I just heard people say that. It might not even be possible without some kind of hacking. Use flash drives though and save all files you have on your laptop onto them. Then get rid of them so you have more space for better programs.

Also yes I noticed, but I've been too busy to look at it really. I'll do that now though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:02 pm

i could do that...id have to get a separate flash drive though that stays at home in case i lose it....i hope that works though. most of my space is taken by programs, not files =O.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:19 pm

I have so many flashdrives it's not even funny.

I have one that's 1GB (the first one I ever got for school) Now it's not enough space for all the programs and classes I have to take. Those classes would probably suck up all the space in less then a month. So now it's just used for our Avatar RP FF and all other threads and stuff. That way if my computer (which has all that on a folder) goes kaput I have a backup. Even more so if for some odd reason we lose a good chunk of data on the forums.

Then there's a 4GB one which is what I take to school. It usually gets taken up within the end to midway end of the semesters. I like how small it is though.

Then I have a 180 GB black flash which is about the size of a calculator. I use that when the 4GB gets taken up in the midway of the semester. Although I normally use it to store unedited movie/picture files which I need for projects. Those damn movie files take up so much space and so do pictures. It's kinda ridiculous. Oh and let's not forget about sound files.

Lastly I have a Lacie. I didn't know that thing was a storage device until about the beginning of this year. I had it since 2008 though since someone gave it to me. They no longer needed it. It works great and has about...well I forget but I save all files on my 180GB, 4GB, and 1GB and it hasn't even scratched the surface yet.

You just need to buy two flash drives about the same size. Buy an 6 or 8 as they are as cheap as the 4GB ones when I bought them years ago. One will stay at home and be a back up. So you have a backup of a back up for your laptop if you ever need it. It does wonders to be prepared.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:48 pm

^ i actually wanted to get a Lacie possibly...i didnt know what it was called though. I just never got around to it.

my laptop is already backed up and most of my files are already on a flash drive i have. i just need a flash drive to put all my music on so i can get the music out of my computer. because the music is what takes up most of the space aside from programs. ill get more space once the contest is over and i can get rid of some of the movie files.

but, as i said, i might need a new laptop soon anyway. ive had problems with this thing since i first got it. and my dog purposely stepped on it two years ago @_@. im surprised it's held out this long. but yeah...ill look into the flashdrives. hopefully my computer can handle final cut. i want final cut at least.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:50 pm

What kind of laptop do you have? It shouldn't bite the dust when a dog steps over it, unless you have a saint Bernard.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:38 pm

I have an Acer and he cracked it and broke the fan. i got the fan fixed but there's still a huge crack. he's a golden retriever btw.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:40 pm

That sounds like a pretty weak laptop then. I have a MacBook Pro and it has a pretty thick shell.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:42 pm

it was open when he stepped on it. i had it next to me because i was doing something and when he's on my bed and wants to get down, he always just goes around me and the laptop. he knows not to step on my things that i sometimes have on the floor. but for some reason, he was possessed to purposely step on it. he broke a couple of keys too.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:46 pm

I don't think he did it on purpose.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:51 pm

i was looking at him when he did it and he was debating on whether or not to step on it. and i told him to lie down and he just went right on top of it instead. he's spoiled because he has medical issues and thinks he can get away with almost anything.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:24 am

Medical conditions? They aren't too serious are they? I've always liked Golden Retrievers, well I'm a sucker for most animals.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:55 pm

he has epilepsy so he has seizures sometimes depending on his emotions. like if he gets upset, he'll go into one.

speaking of animals, i saw baby bunnies again today XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:06 pm

Sounds pretty bad, at least he has a caring family. I found my cat in our big garden. He was chewing on lettuce.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:22 pm

my cats aren't allowed outside.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Neither is mine now, but that's how I found him.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:55 pm

aww poor kitty.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:27 pm

I think he was hungry or thirsty. That's a nasty drink if he was thirsty though. He was a dirty mess to, but I decided to keep him and took him to get a checkup.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next