Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 9 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Lee Wed May 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Raw talent and talent in the long run means hardly anything. The real achievers are those, even if their skills are inferior, who push forward and take all the risks everyone else backs down from.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 19, 2010 7:05 pm

you might have a leg up on everyone but when it comes to acting (and most likely other areas as well) but you have to build up on your skills no matter what. so when someone comes in and is talented, that doesnt mean they walked in with little to no experience. they've walked in with a lot of background and have done the work. therefore, they should get in as opposed to the girl who does not have the experience yet because she chose to pick a career later in life. thats how i see it anyway.

like i said, im not saying she shouldn't get in because i dont know who she was up against. so i cant really judge. but i do question the scenario because from what i saw, i felt like there were probably people who were better but might not have gotten in because they didnt have a camera following them. but there might not have been...who knows, i dont work there =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 26, 2010 10:00 pm

So I just finished Red Dead Redemption. The games plots, world, and almost everything is great about it. If you don't mind spoilers then read ahead.

The worst part is the ending. You play as an ex-outlaw. The government comes back to force John (your guy) to hunt down his old gang friends as a price to keep his wife, son, and himself alive. That's what the whole story revolves around, trying to get information to find them and either kill or capture them.

So once you get all your gang members what does the government do? Has a whole army waiting for John and then blasts him full of lead. Shittiest ending ever, your guy just flops down and bleeds to death while some asshole government agents don't keep to their promise. No surprise there considering the governments history, even these days.

There was these points you gain for helping people and doing good deeds, known as Fame and Honor. If you do bad things like kill Officers or whatever it goes down, but if you do good things it goes up. I don't know why they implemented that if it doesn't do a shitting thing. In the ending they still gun you down like cowards.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 11:11 am

are you sure you dont get an alternate ending depending on which badge things you have?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 27, 2010 6:29 pm

No I'm pretty sure cause I went online just in case. Everyone had the same ending. It's a pretty disappointing ending.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 7:05 pm

that sucks then.

i havent gotten far enough into LOST where it goes bat **** crazy but im already getting annoyed with it. why? because the characters could save themselves a lot of trouble and confusion if they just TALKED to one another. i mean, god, they dont tell each other how they're really feeling and it just creates this one big mess of annoying, not needed drama. just tell your wife you want to start over again since she wants the same thing! just tell everyone there's hatch in the middle of the jungle that wont open! wtf is wrong with you people. you're trying to survive on an island in the middle of the pacific ocean and you're putting unnecessary drama into the equation @_@.

yeah...these characters are really pissing me off. the only ones that arent are Charlie and Hugo. i like Locke and Sahyid but they complicate things...

and it's weird because im the type of person that likes drama. but the kind of drama some of these characters are creating just seems stupid. ill take the bat **** crazy crap any day.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Drama creates entertainment interesting. Spielberg in Saving Private Ryan even admitted to using completely stupid tactic maneuvers for drama sake.

Yeah I agree, they should have alternate endings in the game. Or at least remake a new version of the same game. There's a lot of complaints about the ending.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 7:45 pm

i know drama is supposed to entertain but the recent episodes ive been watching it just becomes too stupid too often. it's not like it's hidden, it's out there in the open because the beginning of the show is mostly about the characters and doesnt really get into the island itself. so, if you're going to have the first season focus on the characters and not so much on plot, you really have to watch what you're doing with the characters because it becomes much more noticeable.

then again, it could easily just be me. this happens when i watch horror movies too: i see the stupid stuff characters do and it aggravates me.

spoilers:

like this character Locke believes very heavily in faith and he has a dream that shows a plane crashing, his mother pointing to the sky, and another character named Boone all bloody and saying "Teresa went up the stairs, Teresa fell down the stairs". he ends up convincing Boone to go with him to look for the plane and finds out Teresa was Boone's nanny that broke her neck when she fell down the stairs. They get to the plane and what does Locke do? tells Boone to go, climb up a canopy and go look in the plane. not surprisingly, Boone ends up dying. i mean, for someone that believes heavily in faith and saw his dream as a vision, you think the guy would consider "hmmm Boone is bloody in my vision...maybe something bad will happen to him". nope, doesn't cross his mind.

oh by the way, its thundering here so i might have to get off the computer soon.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Well Boone is a stupid name anyway...good riddance. I kid I kid...I know what you mean.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 8:38 pm

lol i wouldnt be surprised if thats what the creators were thinking when they decided to kill off a character.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 27, 2010 8:48 pm

If I liked a character in any show and that was their reasoning I'd be pretty pissed.

"Well we just killed off (Name) because his name was stupid."

*All the fans.*

Surprised
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 8:53 pm

yeah i know, but there's a lot of fans that feel like the creators were just screwing with them now XD.

oh and by the way, there ARE different writers for each episode. but the creators of the show remained the same throughout and they had the final say in the story. there were originally three creators but then one left. so yeah...just thought id clear that up. at least, thats how i understand it now...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 27, 2010 8:55 pm

See! I knew it was something. And you were telling me that I was all crazy.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 8:59 pm

yeah but a lot of tv shows change writers. its not like it's a new thing. Avatar has a number of writers for instance. but it's the creators who have the final say and the creators remained the same throughout. so it's still the same people saying what's okay and what's not for the story. it still doesnt really justify why LOST is so confusing XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Because they hired too many writers and the creators, although few were bipolar?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 9:20 pm

i think it's because they were into SciFi? i dont know, one of the creators is the one who directed the new Star Trek movie. and i feel like Sci Fi doesnt really need explaining as to why weird stuff happens...

maybe thats the problem with the fanbase. they're not used to Sci fi stuff that doesnt always have explanations?

this is like fighting an already lost battle XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat May 29, 2010 7:47 pm

I just hate those days at work where nothing goes according to plan or right. Then there's those times when you have a list of things to do, but things happen where you need to finish something that wasn't on the agenda to do the other planned work.

That happened today, and a lot of it wasn't even my fault. Had a list of things to do for work, but then things just piled up that weren't on the list. I figured I couldn't just leave them alone, so I had to do what was on my already planned list and add these things to do as well. I'm also on a time limit, so that doesn't help matters. So what happened in the long run? I wasn't able to get everything done that I should had been able to.

So then the boss I work for gets pissed and thinks I'm pissing around, which I am the least likely person to do that. I skip food and water breaks just to get things done and put everyone and duties before myself.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 29, 2010 7:57 pm

^ yeah i hate it when that happens. i had stuff to do on friday and i had to put that all aside because the dehumidifier or whatever soaked the carpet in my basement =/. though i dont have a boss reprimanding me when stuff like that happens in the house...though i did get accused of being the one who left the dehumidifier on in the first place....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat May 29, 2010 8:00 pm

Same thing pretty much. Even if you explain it from your point of view, they don't give two shits. It's like workers are just slaves, only paid.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 29, 2010 8:15 pm

yup. unless you're more at the top of the food chain.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat May 29, 2010 8:21 pm

That's what I realized when I worked for some big retail store. I had to find another job since my construction job laid me off due to the economy crisis. I wanted to get another job where I could work with my hands, like construction of course, but I couldn't find or get anything like that. So I applied for other jobs as well, finally landed one at a retail store. I had to suck it up and take it, even if I was humiliated to work there after all the labor intensive work I did.

I was the only one of the few who actually worked. Most just hid in the backroom or BSed with other employees when I worked. I never once saw them get reprimanded for that, but the bosses on duty always made sure to give me ****. It pissed me off since I normally put more then my fair share of work in. Yet they couldn't even remember names, we were all just numbers to them.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 29, 2010 8:53 pm

my name was Kira when working at the Disney Store XD. though, i didn't have as bad a time there but my boss liked me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat May 29, 2010 8:59 pm

I had the New Employee tag forever cause apparently they didn't want to make one for me. So I was a noob for about 3 months...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 29, 2010 9:01 pm

well, i wasn't a permanent employee which is why i never got the name tag.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat May 29, 2010 9:07 pm

Neither was I, but I never mentioned that to them. I knew I wouldn't get in if I said something like that. I figured I would try to stay with them during the school year, but they didn't even want to work with my schedule at all. They kept signing me up to work during my classes.

You can't give me a name tag? Really is that too much to print out? Oh well here's my 2 seconds notice....bye.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next