Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 25 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Lee Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:52 pm

If they didn't actually film that shark themselves and took it from somewhere else, technically it's not credit they fully deserve. That's all I meant.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18534

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:25 pm

^ then yes. i thought you meant the filmmakers went to reenactments and filmed them.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17173

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:18 pm

They did and didn't. Or so that's what they said. Like they were doing a lot of edits (to take some clips out of other recorded footage. I don't have exact proof, just what they said.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:15 pm

then that's only okay if they paid the source of the material.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:19 pm

I don't know, you would have to ask them. I only got my stuff from word of the mouth. I don't really care though, I wasn't even really upset about not getting any credits. I actually found it funny, in a sad and twisted way.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:26 pm

well word of mouth changes everything =p

so long as you aren't bothered by it, it doesn't matter really.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Still it's a funny story to share to others. I keep forgetting to tell the other guys I reenact with (the ones that helped) One reenactment I need to tell them over a campfire. I bet they'll get a kick out of it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:39 pm

id be pretty pissed if i didnt acknowledged probably. but then id just slap it on my resume anyway =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:40 pm

But what if someone does actually go and check out that film and it just outright sucks?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:52 pm

it doesn't matter if it sucks or not. experience is all that matters. plus, a film has so many things involved that just because it ended up bad doesn't mean what you did in the film was bad. the director usually gets most of the blame =p so only if you're a director are you screwed XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Well that's good news. I didn't have any lines. I was just supposed to act according to how the average soldier would (which I have enough experience from reenacting.)

I also did some pretty good death scenes, falling through some breastworks to! So if they need a stunt double, I'm there man!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:14 pm

^ there you go :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:55 pm

I'll go over and beyond. I'll mix up some spaghetti and sauce, then when someone fires off a cannon, I'll throw it up in the air and fall over.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:07 pm

Okay rant time:

so i was listening to the little mermaid cause of the link i posted and i can't help but to wonder why my disney karaoke game thought it was a good idea to put only ONE FRIGGIN SONG on the game from this movie. i mean, how can you possibly make a disney karaoke game and not put Part of Your World on it? It's like, one of the most iconic songs from Disney next to A Whole New World. HOW COULD YOU NOT PUT THIS IN THE GAME?!

really, whoever came up with the song selection for this game is an idiot. not only is Part of Your World missing but also I Won't Say I'm In Love, I Can Go the Distance, and I'll Make a Man Out of You. instead they decide to put in Pixar songs that no one knows and a whole bunch of songs from Cinderella. like, every song on the Cinderella soundtrack is in this game. Why!? you know, the top 5 Disney songs voted by the public are Part of Your World, When You Wish Upon a Star, Circle of Life, and A Whole New World. and only 1 song out of the top five made it into this game. Yeah, not even When You Wish Upon a Star, which is one of Disney's 'anthems' made it in this game. WTF!?

at least they put in I Just Can't Wait to Be King and A Whole New World or I would have had some serious problems T_T

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Was the game actually made by Disney? It's possible if the game wasn't that whatever company was responsible, couldn't get the rights to use the song.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:30 pm

^ oh it's made by Disney all right. and all the reviews say the exact same thing I said: wtf with the song choice.

im just hoping they make a new version with GOOD songs on it. like, the songs that people actually know the lyrics to.

i mean, i just think it's stupid that they wasted a good number of the songs on Pixar songs. I like Pixar but Disney is not known for Pixar's songs (although I do like When She Loved Me). Disney is known for their songs from the Disney Renaissance so those songs should be the ones on the game.

and it's not like it's that hard to figure out which songs are the most popular: a quick youtube search will show you. I'll Make a Man Out of You has 18+ million views for god sakes. wanna know how much the main cinderella song has? 5 + million. Yeah. there's no comparison.

and it's funny, i got this game for christmas and now im ranting about it lol XD. i have already played it a little but it just irritates me when i go on youtube, i see the sing alongs from the Disney VHSs, and I just want to go down on the Wii and play my game. but then almost all the songs i want aren't even in the stupid thing.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:36 pm

The only songs I know from Pixar are 'You got a friend in me'...yeah actually that's it. Did they have that one in there?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:02 pm

yes they did.

but then they added:

Woody's Roundup
When She Loved Me
Some song from a Bug's Life
Some song from Monster's Inc.
Two songs from Cars

^ see that list? WAY TOO MANY FROM PIXAR!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Well it depends how many songs there actually are in the game.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:50 pm

so that's 23 songs that are not from Pixar. and considering the Disney Renaissance consisted of about 10 movies that had at least 5 songs each that's not a whole lot...and there's more than just the Disney Renaissance songs.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Well I was thinking along the lines of 50 or more songs, but 30's not that bad...still isn't really great either.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:56 pm

30s nothing compared to the number of songs Disney has created.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Yeah, but they can't put every single song in there. Expecting that or something close would be wishful thinking.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:04 pm

i wasnt expecting them to put all the songs. but 30 out of the good hundred or so they have is not a lot. and, like i said, the overall song selection isn't that good. if it had been 30 really good songs i probably wouldn't care. but half of the songs are songs that you wouldn't even think about when you think of Disney.

like, i love Peter Pan but when you say a song from Peter Pan, I don't think of the main theme unless it's the redone version from the sequel. I, and a lot of people, think of 'Why is the Red Man Red'. Peter Pan doesn't really have 'singable' songs in it....yet they put 'Second Star to the Right' in the game. wtf, why would you do that lol XD it just doesn't make sense.

although they do have 'I Wanna Be Like You' thank goodness.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:33 am

I Wanna Be Like You
What was that from? The Jungle Book?

To be completely honest, I only remember that song from Sonic lol. The song was similar in title I think.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 41  Next