Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 8 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Lee Tue May 11, 2010 5:36 pm

I would think you would be pleased that they didn't kill him off. I never watched FMA, but still...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18534

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue May 11, 2010 6:16 pm

no no no i was VERY happy to learn that wasnt a spoiler. im just saying it would have been a good response if he did die. but i dont want him to die. he's my second favorite character =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17173

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue May 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Ah, so who's your favorite? I liked the dog...lol I only saw one episode.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue May 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Hughes was my favorite. but he's dead...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 12, 2010 12:24 pm

Hey Lee I know you know a lot about the Civil War and that time period. Do you by any chance know about the work space for bricklayering? My sister has to do a Colonial Times project and I can't find diddly squat on what the work space looks like. I mean, I have sort of an idea but I just want to be sure. Thank you so much if you can help =D.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 12, 2010 6:00 pm

That has nothing to do with the Civil War though. That's like asking me what the workspace of tea farming was like.

But what I always do is search if I don't know the answer. Here's a few pieces that you can probably use.

http://www.bac3-ca.org/newsdescription.php?id=18

http://www.digstaug.org/i/pics/coquinastone%20quarry%20pits.jpg

http://www.stoneworld.com/Articles/Feature_Article/a8afec60cac3e010VgnVCM100000f932a8c0____

It's called quarry and stonemason more then brick layering. The workspace hasn't changed of course, just the technology, which I knew already.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 12, 2010 6:50 pm

i know it doesnt have to do with the Civil War but you seem to know that time period pretty well so I thought you might know XD.

the problem was, when i did the research, only new stuff came up rather than what it looked like way back when. i dont know, i guess the words i put in weren't working out XD.

this is helpful though, THANK YOU!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun May 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Well you should still do more research on your own. Don't take what those sites say word for word, they could be inaccurate.

Also after three days of working on one project nonstop I'm tired...Was up until 3 last night doing nothing but working on it. Good news is it's done and I'm not going back to work on it now!

Bad news is it sucked up more time then I expected, which gives me less time for my last remaining class tests and project. Hopefully all will work out though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 17, 2010 3:45 pm

williamsburg.com gave me more information. im so stupid, i should have considered their website first considering ive been there and i know they have colonial info all over the place XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 17, 2010 5:38 pm

Wait what? Williamsburg? You told me 19th century! That's 18th century LS.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 17, 2010 6:29 pm

i know its a different century. they wanted something around 1776-1800s. i was going to piece together whatever information you gave me and whatever information my mom found since its just a 4th grade project...and the teacher is absent when its due anyway. i just needed something to get the project going.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 17, 2010 7:21 pm

The teacher's not going to be there? How lame and I spent six hours looking for that information!...ok maybe I didn't.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 17, 2010 7:49 pm

no she's not. and they spent a lot of time on that project from my understanding.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 17, 2010 7:58 pm

Sometimes I enjoy when the teacher's not going to be in class when the project assigned was difficult to finish. I don't really care for critiques...they just take up too much time. They always say "Ok we only have an hour and half to get these done! Let's do this!" Then it happens that the whole critique takes 2 hours or 2 1/2...such a pain lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 17, 2010 8:02 pm

id like the teacher to be there and grade the damn thing so they can take it home before some idiot ruins it or takes stuff off of it. Gaston is on this project and i want him back.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Gaston? Who's that? What kind of project is this?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 17, 2010 8:30 pm

They're using Gaston from Beauty and the Beast as a person on the project lol.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 17, 2010 8:33 pm

Oh I see lol...it's one of those shoe box projects?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 17, 2010 9:03 pm

kind of only ours is bigger than a shoebox XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Well it's those dioramas. Or whatever they're called.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue May 18, 2010 7:04 pm

i just saw Vic on MADE and...man I wish I had gotten to eat dinner with him like the girl did XD. i dont know, it kind of annoys me though that she got into a high prestigious school probably just because she was doing it through the tv show MADE. but im going to try not to judge even though they did show her auditioning and her interview...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 19, 2010 5:57 pm

What did they have bad talent or are you just jealous of their fortunes?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 19, 2010 6:04 pm

from the clip i saw of her audition...she really shouldn't have gotten in. but i dont want to judge because i mean its not like i saw what she was up against. for all i know, she could have been the best of the bunch. but her audition was not that good in my opinion. as for her interview, the things she said i completely agree with but i just got the impression that she was bsing her way through the interview. it didnt feel like she believed what she was saying.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Sometimes you just need to butter up to the people you're going to be working for. You can be all like my way or the highway, but that doesn't get you very far. Not unless you have the money and manpower to back it up, but most people start out small.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 19, 2010 6:25 pm

yeah i get how you sometimes have to bs but i dont know, i found it to be really obvious. like if i was sitting there listening to her interview, i wouldnt believe her. and i mean, i wouldnt accept someone that i knew was lying to my face XD. but that's just me.

as far as the acting goes, i mean, if you dont have the skills yet, i think you should go to a smaller school for acting. or minor in acting and change to majoring if you want. when you're up against a school that requires an audition that means they're probably top notch and it just sucks that there's someone who has the talent and couldn't get in because this one girl went in through a tv program yet she doesnt have the talent yet. thats all im saying.

in terms of potential jealousy...i guess i could be jealous but i mean, im not ready to go to the new york film academy (which is where she was accepted) because i dont want to live in the city. and she wants to act...directing is my main priority. if anything, i think im just jealous that she probably got a scholarship because of the tv thing and she got to go where she wanted to go. and of course im going to be jealous of that considering ive been busting my ass during high school with high honor roll and didn't get diddly squat from the college XD.

the end =D.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next