Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece Comment Section!

4 posters

Page 4 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24 ... 44  Next

Go down

One Piece Comment Section! - Page 4 Empty Re: One Piece Comment Section!

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:55 pm

Okay Lee, you use those connections of yours!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm sure he'll be happy to work something out.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:07 pm

we can't do characters that are just flat out low lifes right? lol. cause that's still the only thing i can think of.

or maybe, my character has some sort of skill but it isn't as good as it's made out to be in the myths.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:14 pm

They are pirates. They come in all different sizes, shapes, and personalities. They aren't saints. Just because I'm having Flint be just a sweet tooth for adventure, but gets pegged as a pirate anyway, doesn't mean you have to make a goody-two-shoe or just a good guy.

Also not sure what you're talking about with the myth skills.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Well, my idea is to have a pirate that has a lot of myths surrounding him but it turns out he's just a low-life with little to no talent whatsoever. I'm saying, maybe in the myth he has a skill but in reality he isn't very good at set skill but that is his skill...know what i mean?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:12 pm

So sort of like Ussop? But instead of him fabricating his own stories, people have?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Yes. And this guy has no intention of actually achieving these lies. Like, he doesn't really care that there's stories surrounding him other than the fact that it gets people to leave him alone so he can just drink alone on his little island :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm tweaking the rules more so that when I post them I cover all sides. Anyway there won't be any bounties on anyone at the beginning. So I don't know if that's going to ruin your idea for your guy.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:41 pm

He can be rumored to be dead.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:50 pm

This is what I have so far for the rules.

Please read/skim the rules before jumping into the world of One Piece RolePlay

RolePlay Status: Intermediate

We ask only that members who wish to join know how to make clear posts, without L33T speak, and how to make concise and descriptive posts.

Ex; Member B inserts about 50 some words for a descriptive and engaging post. <Good

Member A just stares at B. <Bad

(Point is that we don’t want one liner posts, because everyone else has a hard time figuring out how to continue the conversation or action with so little evidence to go by. Also to write in proper English.

We will keep each post to a minimum of five or four sentences.)

This RP will not be too strict, so if you wish to join, but this is your first time, you may do so. We just ask that you make a conscious effort of what you’re posting.

Welcome to the land of One Piece, where the adventure never ends!
1. The way that this RolePlay works is by Island Arcs. Instead of one main plot driven story, there will be island arcs. Each island will have its own adventure and story for all to enjoy. Maybe one island will be an exotic rainforest, while another will be a crazy snowy tundra, all which will have their own tale to tell.

So that everyone enjoys the story and has a turn in creating it, each island will be created by another member. We will take turns in who makes the next island. The person who creates the island, will also be in charge of everything about the island, including what kind of adventure awaits those present.

Note! The islands created will not be done so to favor your character, your friends character, others, or any other unfairness.

Ex; [I]The entire land is covered in water, except for one tiny spot, only large enough to fit a foot on top of it. Therefor anyone will devil fruit powers are completely useless and dead. Said island will be modified.[I/]

Godmodding the island to your advantage will not be tolerated and there are still RolePlay moderators to make sure everyone is having a fun and fair time.

This RP is done by Island Arcs, so anyone can join the RolePlay without seemingly and forcefully slapped into it. Each Island Arc will have a new land, tale, and people, therefore any member wanting to join once the RP has taken off, can do so easily with the Island Arc we’re currently part of.

2. Because this adventure will hopefully gain a lot of members, there will be many people who can either become a pirate, a marine (attempting to stop pirates), a bounty hunter, or anything in between.

Pirate crews will actually be formed by actual functioning members. For example Forum Member A might be one of the crew’s repairman, while Member B is a doctor.

However because this adventure has yet to start, none of the pirate crews have yet to be formed. That means no one will start off with a crew, a boat or anything. The adventure and plot of this RP is to assemble a crew through the various islands attended, including a ship, and witness the crazy adventures to come.

3. When this adventure takes off, several crews may and will be created and will branch off to various islands. This way not everyone is sticking together throughout the entire journey. Crew A (full of real members) may sail to a desert island, while Crew B (also full of real members) will head to a rainforest island.

Just because a member may be part of a crew, does not mean they are stuck with them for good. Just like real crews, people disband to either join others, make their own crews, and or can be kicked out of their pirate crew. The possibilities are unlimited.

4. Because part of this adventure will also be ruled with marine intervention and various battles, RolePlay moderators will be put into effect to ensure that each scenario is played fairly for both sides. Godmodding of any kind will not be tolerated.

There is no HP or MP in this RolePlay, so only Battle Moderators will determine how a fight goes down. We all know that two people fighting each other in a battle will not throw the other a bone and therefore become an impenetrable brick wall. As a result we have moderators to stop this.

Battle moderators don’t control the fights, they simply oversee them. So Forum Member A and B battling each other out should continue their fight, as if no unseen force was shouldering over their posts. The moderators will simply enter when a fight becomes too unfair from Godmodding.

Ex; Member A strikes B with a well aligned punch, heading straight for their jaw.
B dodges, then sidekicks A, and while A is on the ground not moving, punches them in the head a million times.

Also you cannot control the other member. Just like in other RPs, fights are done by two people, who control their characters. When fighting, because it is much more quick, action packed, and can get really confusing without proper information to go by, please be as descriptive as possible.

If attacked by someone, don’t just type “Dodge it” Explain how it was dodged, otherwise it just seems like a rearend grab, to get out of sticky situation.

4A; Just because you may be a marine does not mean you are unstoppable with unlimited forces. If pirates manage to thwart your soldiers or ship fleets, they have won. This does not mean you can send for additional ships/soldiers and immediately receive them to continue the fight. They have won and escaped, it’s as simple as that.

5. Character Creation!

You may create your character as a pirate, marine, bounty hunter, or anything in between. Because at the start of the RP, we will not be traveling to the GrandLine just yet, we have no crew, ship, or anything, our characters need to be inexperienced.

There will be no bounties on our characters at the start because their adventure has yet to take off. As we move on, their bounty will rise considering what has happened during that duration.

Characters are allowed to have devil fruit powers, but are not needed. If you don’t want one, don’t feel forced to add it. There will only be one fruit power, no exceptions, and the character must lose the ability to swim. Judging by how farfetched or Godmodded the devil fruit power is, it may need to be reedited.

Your character may also have a skill that they are efficient in. Perhaps they know the basis of navigation, or a cook/chef, or a doctor. They however cannot be a navigating swordsman, who knows how to cook gourmet meals and fix any kind of injury. Again only choose on skill that you want them to excel at.

The amount of different skills needed on adventures and sea voyages is vast. If you think of one that wasn’t mentioned, don’t hesitate to make it for your character, or ask if you are unsure.

CODE
Name:

Visual Age:

Bending:

Other Skills:

Personality:

Appearance:

History/Background:
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:55 am

^ is you re-posting the rules implying i can't have a low-life character with a reputation? im confused.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:31 pm

No, did you not read the first statement. I just said this is what I have of the rules so far. So I was hoping you would give me feedback...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:43 pm

i did read the first statement. i wasnt sure if what you were posting was supposed to be implying something else as well.

the rules seem good to me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Nice! What I'm probably going to do is finish up the Heroes RP here, the one Arc we're currently on, then move it over there first. I think it would be easier to start off with that kind of RP for everyone instead of the complex One Piece.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Right.

and apologies for taking so long. I really need to think this through and I just haven't had the time to sit down and think.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:26 pm

It's fine, take your time. Just not like two years from now :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:03 pm

No, no. I was thinking more like 5 years.

I want to make it clear that that was a joke.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm sure you were. Otherwise I'd kill Ai and Ryuzaki, in one of those cliche if we can't be together life is not worth living.

I want to make it clear that that wasn't a joke.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:12 am

^ This isn't Hunger Games Lee.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:03 pm

I don't even know what you're talking about. Anyway did you think up a character yet?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Katniss and Peeta pretend to poison themselves at the end of the book because they 'love each other so much' when really they're just trying to stick it to the Capitol.

and no, i havent.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Don't bring that in here! A lot of stories do that, they're not the first. They're just posers!

Do you have any ideas though at all?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:16 pm

I know they're not the first. Romeo and Juliet did that forever ago.

anyway, I already told you what I'm thinking of: the low-life who is believed to be dead, once had a really good reputation but is actually a drunk on an island :D

i just dont know what his name would be, his backstory (if he has any worth mentioning), and what his 'skill' was. because whatever his skill was, it's probably going to be the skill he currently has but isn't very good at it as the stories make it out to be.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:26 pm

Is this someone you would be willing to play as for a long period of the One Piece RP? That is something you have to also ask yourself. Like the two sword split beings I mentioned, I liked the idea, but it would be too difficult to try to differentiate the two separations without making them either cliche good guy and bad boy or some else stereotype.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:33 pm

^ thats my only issue with the character i have. but honestly, i cant think of a character alternative that id want to play. i know i definitely dont want my character to have devil fruit powers.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24 ... 44  Next