Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

4 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section Empty The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:17 pm

The Heroes of Little Springs

Within New York, resides the town of Little Springs, which is anything but small. It is a thriving metropolis city within the 21st Century, ridden with skyscrapers as far as the eye can see. Businesses and franchises run constantly, day and night…some can even say that it’s a city that never sleeps.

For all those who prefer a more down to earth approach to living, there are numerous residential neighborhoods, giving off that happy and calm peaceful life that one strived for back in the golden ages.

However all that glitters is not gold, as they say…for deep within the darkest crevices and alleys lurks evil and villainy like none other before. Once a town of peace, Little Springs is now a nest hole for all criminals. The authority does what it can, but even now the civilians are tormented and live in fear, keeping a watchful eye out for themselves…

When all hope was lost for this shadow of a once great city, several heroes rose to the challenge to rid the crime from their homeland. This is their story, as they cleanse villainy and evil, one at a time.

Super Heroes List

Name: (Character name)

Visual Age: (How old your character looks like)

Powers: (Your character does not need to be a super)

Other Skills: (Which wouldn't go under bending. Ex: Like Batman’s powers
(If you are to use a character type who is incapable of powers like Batman, please don’t go overboard with their weapons or other skills.)

Personality: (Everyone has a general personality, post your character’s in a paragraph form)

Appearance: (What your character looks like. An image will do also.)

History/Background:

I haven't made my guy up yet either, but I plan to have speeding powers.

Last edited by Lee on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section Empty Re: The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Super Heroes List

Name: The Jet or Jet (His superhero identity name)

Powers: Super speed

Personality: Because of his super speed ability, he often takes life to the edge and as a result is full of energy. He can be a handful at times, but when he is needed, he keeps true to his objective.

Appearance: Jet has a simplified black jet plane symbol within a white circular crest. This crest is positioned in the middle of his chest. He wears a yellow sleeveless tunic, and a black long sleeved shirt underneath of it. His pants, which are attach to the tunic stretch down between his knee and shin, with black pants underneath of that and long thick like boots. He wears yellow tight gloves and a full black mask, which doesn't cover his mouth, and goggles.

(Think Robin's goggle shade things) They're all sort of attached.

History/Background: Might reveal later, once the RP gets up to action. That way we have more to discuss within the RP when it begins.

(So does this guy sound pretty alright to you?)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section Empty Re: The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:47 pm

that sounds good to me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:49 pm

I modeled his costume off of several different super heroes that I like.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:56 pm

doesn't kid flash wear something similar? i know he wears yellow and his crest is on his chest.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:57 pm

Yellow and Red, his is Yellow and Black. It's a bit different.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:19 pm

yeah, that's what i was thinking of.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:20 pm

So do you have an idea of your heroes power yet? Just curious.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:24 pm

no. i dont even know what mythical being i want to base it off yet.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Try not to go overboard. I don't want your character to be able to transform into some huge creature.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:26 pm

i dont want to do a transforming one. i just used that as an example.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Well what was the mythical being talk about?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:36 pm

i want to use a mythical being (or base my character on a mythical being) but i can't decide which one i want to do.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:40 pm

What about those things you pull out of the ground and they scream?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:43 pm

mandrakes? nah

i was also thinking about doing Morgana but she's mostly associated as a villain :/

all the cool things are villains T_T
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:47 pm

What about not directly basing yours off of a mythology creature? Like maybe your character is like Achilles, in that they have a weakness, their feet.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:14 pm

that's what i was going to do but i still haven't found one that fits what i want. i want something that i can loosely base it off of.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:15 pm

Well let me help you if you want it. What kind of loosely based ideas are you looking for? There has to be something that you're somewhat thinking of.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:20 pm

actually, there really isn't lol. like i said, all the ones ive looked into are mostly evil.

i did look into the Banshee but I knew that would be a villain. I also look into Morgana but she's already a lesser known villain apparently. Then I searched a Dullahan (i believe that's how you spell it) they're kind of like the headless horseman but again, that's mostly a villain than a hero.

i also looked into Circe who was a Greek god/sorceress. i might use her but i want to see if i can find something better.

then I looked into Pan but i didnt like him either.

part of the issue is i also want to pick something that's unique. like, i could do a Poseidon but then that just reminds me of Percy Jackson :/

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:25 pm

I had an idea. This is more or less a costume prop, but it helps. Anyway you know those white symbol wings? Why not have some kind of winged head wear. You know like Flash has, but wings instead.

You could also work with more costume props to reference mythology, but don't go too overboard. Try to keep it within the SuperHero level. Look at the created superheroes for a reference. They're mostly costumes, not too flashy, like a mythology god.

Anyway what about someone who controls water? Like I could imagine them bursting open a fire hydrant to get some water out to fight with.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:29 pm

I can work with Hermes. i have to do some research on him though.

and Poseidon is water. he's the god of the sea and that's what the lead from Percy Jackson does so I don't really want to do that.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:32 pm

LS, I don't mean research your character to be Hermes or part of him, but to use him as just a reference to your costume design. That way you pay homage somewhere else as well. I mean not that you have to.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:42 pm

yeah but if you're going to pay homage with the costume design, the character should have powers that would coincide with the mythology. it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

we can do half human/half animal character types too right?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:46 pm

I don't know, we're kind of stepping out of the DC Marvel type of series once we start allowing everything. It's just going to be weird having a Pan half goat half man joining the group.

Everyone needs to be human in some way basically. Think Justice League, even the martian dude, even though he was green and an alien was still human like. He was a shapshifter, but very weak.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:47 pm

^ that's why i said i didn't want to use Pan.

I was thinking more like that one superhero that has wings. I want the person to be more humanlike than animal. if i was to go that route.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next