Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece Comment Section!

4 posters

Page 1 of 44 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 44  Next

Go down

One Piece Comment Section! Empty One Piece Comment Section!

Post  Lee Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:53 pm

In no way will this One Piece cross into the cannon One Piece time line. Now that that is clear, let me begin!

You can create a character, which will fall into three categories. Pirate, Marine, or bounty hunter. You may make something else that doesn’t fall into those three categories, but its most wise to make one from these.

We will probably start off with inexperienced characters from either of the three categories to make it more interesting. Unless someone shows average or above RPing skills, then their professionalism of being an elite pirate, marine, or bounty hunter will be more possible.

This is to avoid members with L33T speak who often ruin the experience with godmodded characters. No one enjoys that, do they?

Islands!

I hope this RP can become almost as large as our Avatar RP. With that said each arc will be a different island or location.

So that everyone has fun and uncertainty of the plot, everyone gets to make up their own island. It will go in order (ex; Me, LS, Some other member)

So I would make up an island, then LS would, then some future member would make the next one up. What this means is you make the island when it is your turn, what the plot of the island or place is, and so on.

Maybe one island is an island with an a band of ruthless mountain bandits who keep ransacking the village. Or another one is a jungle where a ship gets marooned and the group must fix the ship before setting sail again (and something lurks within!)

Get it? Good!

Crews Ships and More!

Because this may grow, not everyone is going to be in the same group. Maybe eventually their will be two pirate crews who go on their own separate adventures. Sometimes bumping into each other.

That means like Admin Lee (me) and LS might make up a group (although small) and another group might be of two other future members. Just to make it more interesting and so we’re not all following each other like puppy dogs.

You can make any character, but please make it realistic for One Piece. They may have devil fruit powers (but just one! No more!) This fruit power cannot be a total godmod either and they must lose the ability to swim, no exceptions!

Also like Luffy’s crew you can only be skilled or learning the arts of one thing. Like a swordsman or a doctor, or whatever. You can’t be a sword wielding doctor, who knows how to cook gourmet foods and navigate ships.

We’ll feed you a devil fruit and throw you in the ocean if you do that.

Because this will be the start of the adventure, we will start off without a crew or boat or anything.

So what do you say?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

One Piece Comment Section! Empty Re: One Piece Comment Section!

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Question: can we make our crew and/or island more realistic towards actual pirates or do they have to be like the ones in One Piece?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:50 pm

One Piece realism please, otherwise I might as well call it Pirates of the Caribbean no offense.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:52 pm

okay. i need to think about this then...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:53 pm

We can try a POTC if you want, but you'd have to be the leader of it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:22 pm

no, its okay. i just have to rethink about the things i had planned because i was thinking we'd take a slightly more realistic route similar to what happened with the Avatar RP.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:24 pm

No way. We need a light hearted adventure. Too much dramabombs. We also need to promote this one so we have more then two people in it.

I already have two ideas for characters, but can't figure out which one to use.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:26 pm

by slightly realistic, i meant in terms of what actual pirates were like, not drama wise.

i thought we get two characters? or did i make that up?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:40 pm

No and no sorry. We can have devil fruit powers, but only one and the pirates and everyone will be based on One Piece and the way it is, otherwise I wouldn't be calling the RP One Piece.

So there are two characters I had in mind (and no just one for now) Unless we get a huge influx of members (who make different crews) Then we can make a character for that crew and another for another crew (Make sense?)

My two characters:

One was going to be a gunslinger. Not a sharpshooter. He wasn't too good with range, but might eventually build that up as well. He wasn't like the wild west hardened bastard either.

I was going to have him have two revolvers used for gungslinging or whatever. That was going to be his dream to be the greatest gunslinger. He later (or before the adventure starts) eats a fruit which gives him the power to propel himself sort of like that one thug from Jaya who stole the acron hair dude's treasure.

I had the idea way before him and it was meant to be a symbolism of bullets. But because he would be new the the fruit power and because his legs don't get springy like the other guy, he can sustain serious injuries because there's no room for absorb of the impact.

IE: He can seriously damage/break his legs if using it too much. Which is what would stop him from being a garystu or whatever.

There's more to say about this but leave it for later. The other person also has fruit powers but it's a little more useless.

He was a swordsman, but when he ate the fruit he split in two. I know its cliche, but I don't want it to be like Evil version and Good version or Goody two shoe whiny guy and tough hardened one.

I'd want them to be different versions, but with different interesting personalities. And because they both want to be the best swordsmans, they'd have to work together with their two sword ability because teamwork would be liable to have them find their true goal.

They also share the same pain and whatnot. Decisions decisions.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Oh...so all our characters have to be on the same crew? I thought we were all going to have separate crews....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:18 am

More like there will be more than one crew/ Marine corp/ bounty hunters whatever the hell.

That is after this thing takes off if we get more members. No one is part of a crew or anything yet. But eventually crews will begin to form.

So yes; say Forum Member A and B eventually join a group. Their skills and whatever do not matter. That way the crew is actual functional real members.

Not like one member controls an entire crew. And no, because eventually more crews will be needed so that one group isn't like a shitload of different members.

Forum A does not have/need to join Forum B as a crew if they do not wish to do so. But if your idea was to control an entire crew and I control and entire crew or whatever, I don't know what you're getting at, then no.

Edit: Actually you don't sound so thrilled about this idea, let's just scrap it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:19 pm

no, im just confused. i thought we each had a separate crew to start with and then as the RP went on, crews could join up or you could create another character that would go to a different crew. i just need to rethink everything because when you first described the idea way back when, i had a general idea of what i wanted to do. but now i have to rethink everything because its not what i thought it was going to be.

i know what im doing for my island though already. i just need to think of my character now.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Give me some time to rephrase it...

Ok let's see. Because it's just going to be you and me for right now, it would be smart to stick together so that we don't end up RPing by ourselves. Really how fun is that? Not at all.

(By that I mean on the same island, not sticking together like glue with our characters) As time goes on it might be possible to have enough members to branch off with several crews going on their own adventures. At that time we would figure out who goes first with island making and whatnot.

There would be no showboating or godmodding of characters or any of that junk.

We won't be part of a crew right at the getgo. We might not even be like hey let's get together right away (when the adventure just starts) like we did with the heroes RP.

We won't have a ship, no crew or anything. No one is going to be captain or any of that. This is why I thought it would be interesting. The adventure has yet to begin for anyone.

They haven't even entered the GrandLine. I thought it would be cool to try that (and eventually get a ship, and different crews/members and so on)

So basically we would leave the really crazy islands for the GrandLine, but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be some interesting ones at the start.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:05 pm

okay. then i still need to rethink things.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Do you not like this?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:09 pm

no, i like it. its just not what i had planned so i wanted to make sure i got it right before i started making new characters again.

i can say right away i dont know the One Piece universe extremely well...its been a while since i watched the show. so im probably going to have to do a couple of drafts of my character. just a fair warning for you :p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:11 pm

The universe of One Piece is really flexible though. I mean you've got up to the sky island arc, so you should know. There are still rules though, like no godmods or more then one devil fruit if used.

Anyway about my characters I listed (just the roughs) Which ones do you think sound more interesting?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:30 pm

I don't think the two split up guys have enough development for me to pick one over the other.

I know One Piece is flexible and that's part of my issue. I'm starting to lean towards having my character be a total drunk XD There will be a rum joke in this RP :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:33 pm

So is his devil fruit power having liquor blood? :P

The two split people, who are the same actually, is one of the ideas I had. It's just hard finding the right personality for the two of them, because normally they have it where one is evil and the other good.

Or where one is wimpy and the other is the rowdy tough guy. They're always stereotype cookie cutters, which is what I'm trying to figure out how to do it right, without going that path.

But I didn't mean their characteristics as much as I meant like the ideas.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:41 pm

I think in order to get around that, you need to first figure out why they're similar. It's easy to give them differences but it's harder to give them things they share.

I would also say look at sibling relationships...like in this show my sister's watch called Supernatural, the two characters are brothers. And one is kind of the 'tough guy' where he comes off as tough to others and is more 'okay let's get down to business' type of guy. The other brother appears to be a bit more sensitive. He gets the job done sure enough but he's more compassionate towards others. I haven't seen the show too much though but that's just what I get from the few episodes I've seen.

Im only mentioning that one because that one seems the closest to what you're looking for. I know plenty of other bromance relationships XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:45 pm

But if it's two of the same person, would it be bromance (what a retarded word lol) or Memance. :P

That's what I was thinking though, that they were more in terms of a goofy brother relationship that gets along well. They would have to because they are two of the same person.

And what a useless devil fruit power. :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:58 pm

it's still a bromance XD. cause if a guy gets a clone of himself and they become buddies, its still a bromance...i think....XD

you should watch clips of Ouran if you want to do a goofy relationship. The twins play tricks on everyone and like to mess with people. It's the closest thing I can think of to what you're describing.

And it could be a running gag that their devil fruit power is useless. I can imagine someone saying 'Why couldn't you two have been super geniuses or something? At least then your power wouldn't be so useless!"

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:01 pm

It's either them or the bullet guy, but I thought it would be more interesting to try them out. I already think I have their personalities fleshed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTwzD_GQQII

It wouldn't be a clone though, because they would have different parts of the same person.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:31 pm

right, i was just using the clone as an example.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:51 pm

In the meantime I'll conjure up a better rule and starting post for the RolePlay (not one where we begin, but what the RP will be about)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 44 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 44  Next