Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece Comment Section!

4 posters

Page 24 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34 ... 44  Next

Go down

One Piece Comment Section! - Page 24 Empty Re: One Piece Comment Section!

Post  Lee Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:28 pm

Sora is a wuss, let him die. :P

Now onto the main things. You don't need to figure out an idea that is going to completely stop anything, just a post that might lean into that direction. I'm not asking you to post Einstein material :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:30 pm

Sora is amazing. It's Riku that has issues.

UGH I HATE having to fight as Riku! I don't want to be the stupid emo kid that's acting ten times worse than Zuko. I want the naive Sora that says corny things and isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Anyway, what thread are you even talking about now?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Anyway, what thread are you even talking about now?
Gee I don't know, maybe I'm talking about the thread that this originally was :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Oh but I did that already.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Still pretty busy, but things will settle down later this weekend...sorry!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:00 pm

You're just lucky you missed my latest fiasco.

It has yet to have a name but it was exactly the same as Dollmagedon.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:29 am

Yeah I noticed. Oh well you win and lose some.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:09 am

There's still contests going on so all hope is not lost. I'm just pissed I got so friggin close. And I feel REALLY bad for the people who were farther than me and actually got a confirmation but didn't get a ticket.

Really, the whole thing could have been handled better.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 am

That's what you say about everything that goes wrong :P Really if there are as much fans of Doctor Who as I think there are, then it's only likely that the site would crash. You have over thousands of people pouring into the same area, lag, disconnection, and outage is expected to happen.

It just reminds me of Black Friday, only the salespeople aren't being trampled to death.

Also on topic, I might get around to working on our RPs (not the Avatar one) later today. I have to be at work shortly and then afterwards I have an event I need to attend to. So it's still up in the air whether or not I'll have the time.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:40 am

^ But that's what I mean. They knew a lot of fans would be going to one site, through one link provided by BBC America. What they should have done was just told people that morning what website the tickets would go on sale (instead of keeping it a secret like they did) like ticketmaster or whatever when you buy concert tickets. Then, they would have seen that we were easily going to crash the site and then made adjustments accordingly. It's because they made it a big secret that we crashed the site because everyone was clicking the same link at the same exact time. Instead of already being on the website and waiting for it.

Either that or they should have done what Comic Con does with its epic registration system. Where, you're essentially in a virtual waiting room. This way, its guaranteed that the site won't crash on you while you're purchasing the tickets because they only let a certain number of people purchase tickets at a time.

Basically, because they didn't give anyone information and made it a 'surprise' deal, people panicked and crashed the site. But they're going to fix that with the contests by letting everyone know the time/day/etc. the contests go up and giving everyone 24 hours notice. They are doing a good job in trying to make the rest of the process as fair as possible.

Whether it works or not I have no idea. But I've heard ticketmaster does not have this problem and their system is built to handle a mass of people fighting for concert tickets. So really, they should have tested the system beforehand.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:28 pm

Sorry it took so long to post in the two RPs. Hopefully they'll at least subside your RP hunger somewhat, until I have more time for the Avatar RP.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:47 pm

^ the only RP hunger I have is for the Avatar one at this point to be honest. But even that is subsiding. You're lucky Doctor Who crushed my soul this week and will then regenerate it next week :p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Well I have a basic idea how I'm going to start up the next Avatar phase (after the drawings and chapters I promised first of course) but I also need to get those chapters out of the way first, so it makes sense. Otherwise you'll be like "What?"
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:01 pm

yeah i know.

im just sitting in a corner watching my Matt Smith footage from the New York filming over and over. :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:01 pm

That...sounds like fun
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:03 pm

It helps with the emotional torment of the DW screening :p

i was all prepared to go and then i found out there was no spectator section even though the website said if people didn't show up by 5:30 they'd be giving away the tickets.

so then i didn't go. only to find out a spectator section formed anyway across the street.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:11 am

Oh well, you can't have them all.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:09 pm

I don't mean to sound rude, but I feel before we get too far into this One Piece RP, we need to address some things. Mostly I'm noticing that you're forgetting what the world of One Piece is like. How it's often illogical, crazy, funny, and at many times doesn't take itself too seriously.

I feel that you should watch an episode or two, to reemerge yourself into it. I mean for example Zoro might take an entire shotgun load into the stomach during a fight. And then later on (minutes, days, or whatever) he's all better and there's nothing.

Yeah weak example, but I think you should watch some episodes again to understand it better. You've said yourself that you forget how One Piece is.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 pm

I don't really have time to watch One Piece at the moment. And, even if I watch one or two episodes, I'll always put a realistic action before a ridiculous one. Sorry but that's just not how I think even if I know the rules of a world are ridiculous. Hence why I tend not to watch the shows that are borderline ridiculous when you sit down and think about it.

I mean, I'll try to keep that in mind but the fact of the matter is I'd have to be watching One Piece 24/7 in order to get it every time.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:04 pm

I never really considered it that hard to remember. While One Piece does have a serious side, it also doesn't take itself too seriously and has traits I've already explained.

I mean, I'll try to keep that in mind but the fact of the matter is I'd have to be watching One Piece 24/7 in order to get it every time.
That just sounds ridiculous, no pun intended. That's like me saying that because I don't make drama posts/FF/Whatever as often as you, that I'd have to watch a show like that to understand and get it every time, which is not the case.

I'll always put a realistic action before a ridiculous one.
Is that it? Or is it(also) because you don't want to put your character in an embarrassing spot? I know that's the case for some people. However this is One Piece and a lot of the characters are subjected to it.

For example Hawkins wouldn't be as ridiculous as characters like Luffy or Ussop, I see him more of the serious side like Zoro. However, even he is subjected to ridiculous shenanigans of others and gets himself in some of his own.

I don't know, I just think it's something to keep in mind, because we are doing a One Piece RP after all. I just feel that most of our RP posts have been very bland as of lately. For this RP anyway.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:45 am

[quote="Lee"]I never really considered it that hard to remember. While One Piece does have a serious side, it also doesn't take itself too seriously and has traits I've already explained. [quote]

Right, because you actually watch One Piece and enjoy it as well as plenty of other shows that have the same or similar tones. I do not. So even though I'm aware of the fact that One Piece is ridiculous at times, for me to sit down, be a character, and say 'okay, remember, this is One Piece so it's okay if I'm ridiculous' does not come easy to me. Because that's not how my brain works. Usually, I think to myself 1. how would I react in a situation, 2. how would the character/archetype act in the situation and then 3. since this is about pirates/superheros/etc. how would a pirate/superhero/villain act? So by the time I get from point A to point B, I've completely forgotten/ignored the fact that One Piece is ridiculous because that's not what I'm thinking about.

That just sounds ridiculous, no pun intended. That's like me saying that because I don't make drama posts/FF/Whatever as often as you, that I'd have to watch a show like that to understand and get it every time, which is not the case.

That's not even what I meant. What I meant was, there's always going to be a time where I forget/ignore the ridiculousness of One Piece. As I explained above. Because I just don't have a tendency to watch those shows. So even if I 'brushed up' on One Piece now, yes I'd probably get it. But eventually, I'm going to get to a point where I'll be forgetting the 'it's One Piece' bit and obviously we'll just end up at square one all over again. That's what I was saying: that'd I have to keep watching One Piece continuously in order to make flawless posts. And, in all honesty, I don't like One Piece enough to do that.

Is that it? Or is it(also) because you don't want to put your character in an embarrassing spot? I know that's the case for some people. However this is One Piece and a lot of the characters are subjected to it.

For example Hawkins wouldn't be as ridiculous as characters like Luffy or Ussop, I see him more of the serious side like Zoro. However, even he is subjected to ridiculous shenanigans of others and gets himself in some of his own.

I don't know, I just think it's something to keep in mind, because we are doing a One Piece RP after all. I just feel that most of our RP posts have been very bland as of lately. For this RP anyway.

I don't have a problem putting a character in an embarrassing spot. We've seen in the other RPs that my characters have done that multiple times intentional or not. And, I brought this up when you first suggested One Piece: I have watched 'realistic' pirate things. That's what I like. So my instinct when writing is to do something that is realistic as opposed to ridiculous because that's what I used to watch as a kid and continue to watch in terms of pirates.

I mean, I'd then say something that I feel like I've said multiple times in this post already in regards to how certain things don't come that easy to me. Sort of like how, even though I messed up as well, you didn't really know what to do in the Detective RP because you never really watched that genre. No offense, but I never really pushed you to go and do research on it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:00 pm

For the record though, I did research on detective stories and the such when we were doing that particular RP. It probably didn't show unfortunately.

However, if you don't like One Piece, do you not want to do this RP? I'd rather not have us be RPing something the other hates/dislikes.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:42 pm

No, because I expect if there's something I really want to do that you would at least consider doing it because it's something I'd like to do. If we only did what one of us wanted to do without considering the other one's wants that wouldn't be fair and we'd probably never get anywhere because our interests are so different. You know...taking turns....I don't know about you, but that's how I always 'play'.

You know, I was tempted to go into a mini rant here about how it pisses me off (not saying you do this) when people in general expect their friends to do everything they like but then god for bid their friend wants to do something they don't like or know, the whole damn world's got to stop and their friend's likes/interests get kicked to the curb. And...I believe I just did. Yeah, I don't like that mentality at all. So no, we're doing this RP. And that's final...so there.

And I didn't say I didn't like One Piece. I'm just saying I don't like it enough where I feel the need to watch every episode and breeze through it like I do with other things. It's just one of those shows that I'll watch if it's on or once in a blue moon. Sort of like how I watch Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gravity Falls, etc. Not something I'd watch constantly like a Disney movie.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:03 am

To be honest, I kind of forgot about the Detective RP. I think it was sort of around when we were still in school (Fall semester) So I pushed both the Heroes and Detective RP in the back.

Anyway, we can start up the Detective RP again. Although I kind of forget where we even are. It might be better to restart it up then reading all through the archive lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:14 am

I honestly don't even know if I'm going to have time to run that RP. I wasn't even talking about that RP in that last post, just generalizing.

I mean, if we still wanted to do it we could but I'd have to wait and get a feel for what my school load's going to be first.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34 ... 44  Next