Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

4 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section - Page 10 Empty Re: The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:29 pm

^ hence why i said i find something wrong with all the things im thinking of XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section - Page 10 Empty Re: The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

Post  Lee Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:33 pm

Look I don't care if she uses rope, if that's what you're thinking of. Yeah it would be random for her to pull it from out of nowhere, but not as random as pulling out a tornado arrow or something, because rope would still need skill and detail. Plus it's not that much of a godmod, it's hardly one at all.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:44 pm

right but technically if she used a rope, the arrow itself would probably rip the guy's clothes and he'd fall anyway. assuming she aims the arrow at clothing as he's falling which i would think she would. and if she aims at flesh that would hurt way too much lol XD

and the arrow has to be aimed down because there's no other way to do that in this scenario. not one that i can think of anyway.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:45 pm

If you shot the clothes, it wouldn't rip. Since when do cartoons and fantasy ever go strictly by reality?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:49 pm

there's still a suspension of disbelief :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Look I'm not going to say that an arrow will rip off his clothes and not kill him then turn around and do that when you try it. It goes against this RP's standards anyway. At least for the heroes.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:12 pm

i know you wouldnt do that. i meant, people will believe the impossible to a certain point and im not sure the clothes thing crosses the line or not. but if you say its okay then ill do it XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Look they did it enough times in many superhero works that I've read or watched, so why not?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:23 pm

yeah, now that im thinking about it...batman has done this on several occasions. i dont watch superhero stuff enough to know or remember what techniques they use XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:24 pm

He uses his batgrapple to save people once they fall and I think he's done it to the baddies to. I'm sure his batarang has done the same on many occasions.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:26 pm

right. but at the same time, a grapple is a little different than an arrow :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Green Arrow uses his arrows in that way all the time though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:45 pm

oh well then there you go. ive rarely seen Green Arrow in action. he's one of those heroes that i know i like and will like but i never really followed up on him.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:50 pm

oh yeah, i know. i just have this weird thing where as soon as i start to imagine something as a visual piece rather than a written work, i cant seem to find the words to describe what's happening. basically, i go into 'script mode' and write things out as it would appear in a script.
I read somewhere that's a sign of needing to work on RPing skills. Take that as you will, but the way you wrote up your post didn't engage me very much.

I'll make my post for both the Hero and Detective RP later tonight or probably tomorrow morning or something.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:56 pm

^ that wouldn't really surprise me. though, I wouldn't say it's just an RP issue but a writing issue in general. and it doesn't make it easier that I know how to write a script. it just makes it easier to switch to that mode of thinking.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:16 pm

It's something you might want to keep a conscious effort on though. Because although you might had visualized the entire epic thing in your mind, from reading what you had posted it was rather lacking in my mind. It didn't engage me all that much. It was rather underwhelming, I mean no offense...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:53 pm

if you want me to fix it and change it, I will...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:56 pm

No no, it's fine as is. I'm just saying keep that in mind later. I know what is often in my mind can seem really exciting, but I often need a lot of description and lines to get that across. Our minds run miles a minute, but the same can't be said about our description and or writing skills.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm going to get both this and the Detective story up and running again also soon (whenever that may be)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:15 pm

I have another question XD lol

Does your post indicate a time skip? I.e. are the events Jet is currently going through happening at about the same time Quiver is dealing with her stuff or is it before or after those events?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:49 pm

It's like before and after.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:29 pm

So Quiver had enough time to get from point A to point B?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:14 am

No Jet died a gruesome death. :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:21 pm

well he could have survived torture. you never know XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:23 pm

This is Quiver or perhaps your cue to know where to go.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next