The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:59 pm

OOC: yeah, i'll edit that post. just give me some time to think.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16976

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:30 pm

okay so i edited it....but honestly, not 100% thrilled with it.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Okay, this doesn't have to do with the post I'm about to make, this is just out of curiosity:

How popular is the Lunar Knight at this point? Only because they seem to be targeting Quiver in the media but don't they know at least know about Lunar Knight even though they may not fully know about him? Know what I mean?
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:00 pm

Quiver has had a year or at the very least half a year for the public to know of her. Same with Jet except he's not around anymore. With Lunar Knight, he hasn't really been well know yet, if that makes any sense. So know one really knows of him or bothers with much coverage.

Also did you not want to post a reaction to the second part?
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18346

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:28 pm

oh i wasnt sure i was supposed to :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:56 pm

Yeah that's sort of why I added the second part. First part is meant for what happened right after, the last part is what happened later on. So I wanted a reaction for both (or at least one for the last bit)
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 am

yeah ill probably do it tomorrow. i feel a bit weird right now and am probably going to go to bed soon. im just forcing myself to write some emails....which ive been doing for the past two hours and all ive gotten is who its addressed to :p

progress.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:02 am

Are you coming down with the flu? Well I hope you feel better!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:04 am

OMG DON'T SAY THAT TO ME! I DONT HAVE TIME TO GET THE FLU!

.....no, i dont think so. i think its just nerves.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:11 am

Sorry to hear that. Well if you're stressing yourself out with the projects, just remember to get plenty of sleep and food. If you don't have a job or school to worry about during this winter break, you can make your own time.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:39 am

It's not the work load. I mentioned it on the other forum a bit. It's basically me telling the professors/teachers that helped me with my Marvel interview that I didn't get the internship. I just flat out don't want to tell them because I feel like I let them down.

i dont think id be feeling as much of a failure if i had a decent backup plan and i didnt happen to get a text from my boss saying something along the lines of 'i thought you werent coming back to work'. like, im sorry this is going to turn into a mini rant, but what the actual frig. i talked to him last week before the holidays saying i was done with school work and actually asked if i could come in before/after christmas. but he said no that we would start after the holidays (meaning new years). and somehow that translates to me not wanting to work. it's like im talking to a damn wall. actually, scratch that, i think id get a better response from the wall.

which was why i wanted the internship really badly: so i could leave the job because he does this to me all the time where he just flat out doesn't listen and then makes me feel like im doing something wrong. but im still stuck T_T

but i did write one email so that's good. now i just got to write the other one.

basically: i can handle the stress of school work at the end of the day. what i cant handle is the stress of trying to get myself into the real world because i just flat out don't know what the hell im doing and/or what im doing wrong. and i feel bad because i know they've got to help other students but they're literally the only guidance i have at this point. and i just get this weird feeling that i am doing something wrong either that or people outside of my school are just putting way too much pressure on me. because all people keep telling me 'well if LS wants this, she'll get it. she'll get whatever she wants'. but im not getting it.

basically basically: ive always known how Azula feels with being the damn perfectionist of the family. its a lot of pressure. and people wonder why high maintenance/perfectionists are batshit insane.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 am

This job you're currently in, is it that same one you took up for some experience for your resume? Because I remember you telling me things like your boss saying you're 'really hyper' and the such. Those kind of comments won't do you very well if a possible position calls him for a reference because you listed that career position on your resume. You need to think about that.

You'll also almost always have someone at your job who is a pain in the ass to deal with, that's just life. Don't let it get you too down.

Also you didn't get the internship, there are plenty of other positions and career opportunities out there. There were probably hundreds of people applying for a Marvel internship, seriously it's Marvel. How many were they actually accepting?

'well if LS wants this, she'll get it. she'll get whatever she wants
If people support you, that's the reactions you should get. It just means they're hoping for the best, not that they'll find you a failure because you didn't get the internship.

LS you're not doing anything wrong, this economy is still complete ****. When people got out of school decades ago, they got jobs right away. Now people with degrees from a year ago still don't have a job, they're unemployed.

I remember applying for a few positions at a certain job/place. The people there said I was always really qualified, but I never even got an interview. Do you know why? Because veterans applied to and they get chosen first. It doesn't matter if they're severely unqualified or if they don't even know jackshit about the position, it's just because they are veterans.

So what happens is I get a message that I was qualified but not referred because there were too many veterans. Some of them are interviewed, I learn that the people are disappointed because I was really qualified and they were not. So some time later I get a message from the same position that it's been cancelled.

That basically means that they didn't have the budget to begin with for the position. But to make matters worst, they probably didn't have the budget because they hired some guy who didn't know anything about the job, had to train him, and it just didn't work out.

The economy is just complete **** right now, don't beat yourself up about it. Luckily I have a good paying job with benefits now.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Lee wrote:This job you're currently in, is it that same one you took up for some experience for your resume? Because I remember you telling me things like your boss saying you're 'really hyper' and the such. Those kind of comments won't do you very well if a possible position calls him for a reference because you listed that career position on your resume. You need to think about that.

I don't remember if he's ever called me hyper...I don't think so. I honestly don't remember. Maybe he did at one point....

But I did list him as a position on my resume and I am definitely going to purposely mention the internship at one time because I want to know if they did call him. Because I swear, if I didn't get it because he said bad things about me after my professor wrote good things about me when he didn't have to, I'm not going to lie, I'm going to be really pissed.

I'd honestly rather be considered hyper as opposed to quiet which are the two ways I feel like I could possibly be described. And, based on what I did see at marvel, they'd prefer a hyper person over a quiet one.

You'll also almost always have someone at your job who is a pain in the ass to deal with, that's just life. Don't let it get you too down.

the problem is he's the only person Im interacting with at the job. so it's extra annoying.

Also you didn't get the internship, there are plenty of other positions and career opportunities out there. There were probably hundreds of people applying for a Marvel internship, seriously it's Marvel. How many were they actually accepting?

I don't know how many they were accepting. They didn't say. And I'm not upset about the fact that I didn't get it. I was upset that I potentially disappointed people. That was the trouble I was having: telling the people that I didn't get it.

If people support you, that's the reactions you should get. It just means they're hoping for the best, not that they'll find you a failure because you didn't get the internship.

I'm not saying that they're going to find me a failure. I'm saying I feel like I'm letting them down. There's a difference and I know they wouldn't see me as a failure but I can't help but to feel bad about it anyway.

And, it's not just about this one internship. It's about the fact that I haven't gotten any 'good' internships. But there are people in my class that have gotten really good internships. And I think I have a better work ethic than some of those people so I don't understand why I'm not even getting considered with most of the ones I'm applying to and they're getting to work at like MTV.

Which is why I feel like there's something wrong. I don't expect to get a good job necessarily right away. But I do expect to at least get called in for internships. And I only got called in for one and I applied to local ones too. I didn't just go big and aim for the city only. Which is part of the reason why I'm panicking a little.

But all is said and done because I sent out those emails yesterday. And then I lost sleep because I mentioned the Ring in one of them.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:30 pm

1. No, whatever word it was that you mentioned how your boss described you wasn't desirable at all. I'm not digging through this entire forum to find the exact words, but it just didn't sound good. Which is why I said it might not be a good idea to keep that position on the resume. Or at least get rid of it as soon as you can. That's your call though.

2. Bigger internships and career positions are likely to have more people applying for it. That's all I was saying.

3. And that brings me to the third thing. Remember what I said previously about veterans? It's all about who you know, they pull the strings and get people in the front door. It sucks, but that's how it normally works.

That's why I wasn't chosen over all the veterans, the military gave them the good word. Doesn't mean they deserved it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:36 pm

1. I don't know what word he said then. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't good either.

3. You know...I'm going to sound really stupid (which, when don't I) but when you said veterans, I thought you meant people that had been in the business for a long time XD. And I was confused because I was wondering why veterans would want an internship. But now it makes so much more sense :p

I guess that's true. I don't know really a lot of veterans in the area or in my class that can pull strings like that. There's only one that might have connections that I can think of. Which then makes me think of the connections my family has but how they're all just a bunch of a-holes that won't help me.

God it's infuriating. My cousin started rubbing in how he's going to be working on Spiderman 2. I wanted to punch him in the face. XD
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:38 pm

I heard the first one sucked, just use that come back.

Also I worked on a Civil War films that made it into the Sundance. That's about it...yup.

-------

http://www.avatarepisodesrp.com/viewtopic.forum?t=390
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40