Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detective RP: The Midnight Express; The Comment Section

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Detective RP: The Midnight Express; The Comment Section Empty Detective RP: The Midnight Express; The Comment Section

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:43 pm

So I've seen this done at a lot of places. They'll have a thread for the main RP and then a comment/commentary for everything else. Say if someone is confused or anything in between, that way the real thread stays OOC clutter free.

They also make them, so they can add their character sheets to be accepted or not.

Anyway I also felt compelled to make this to know whether or not you were ready. I read what you had so far, but wasn't sure if you wanted me to start posting yet. Do you have more to add?

Normally a RolePlay has a quick opening summary about what the RP will be about. I know you really can't do that with this one without revealing too much...so um are where are you with this RP now? Is it ready to start, I just don't want to jump the gun.

Characters:

Police Station

Charles Powell: One of the head detectives at the police station. An honest man who believes the city's crime can be cleaned up with effort. Powell isn't terribly strict but he also doesn't like push overs. He's aware that there's corruption in the police force but he does what he can with the resources he's given.

Bobby Rathbone: A lieutenant who most likely obtained his position by 'knowing' someone. He really could care less about actually solving crime.

Missing Persons:

Johnny Cuzzi: One of the leading figures of the Cuzzi crime family. He's been missing for a couple of days and was most likely killed by the Salvador family. All that remains is to find the body.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Detective RP: The Midnight Express; The Comment Section Empty Re: Detective RP: The Midnight Express; The Comment Section

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:54 pm

I'm ready to start it but I can bulk the first post with more information if you do a character bio so I know where your character stands. I know he's kind of a new detective but I don't know much else other than that.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Detective RP: The Midnight Express; The Comment Section Empty Re: Detective RP: The Midnight Express; The Comment Section

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Would you like me to create a character sheet here for my character? I'll do that then. Give me some time to make one that's adequate. I could make one quickly, but I'd rather make a good one, considering all the time and preparation you took out to make this RP.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:50 pm

take your time, i won't rush you.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Right, I'm still working on it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:15 pm

I don't want to waste too much of your time, so I'm posting what I have now.

Name: Philip Ray (I so did not just Google top 1930’s names and then add the two that were next to each other…)

Appearance: Born in 1908, Philip is of average height, weight, and physique for his age. He has short brown hair, and wears a brown fedora. He also wears a matching brown suit, because of its rugged look (or at least that’s what he says) Sometimes he wears a tie, when prompted to do so, but when on his own, he doesn’t bother.
History/Background: Born in the more rural parts of New York, Philip lived in the county working different laborious chores, especially farming. However when his family moved closer to the city, so did he.

Noticing the rampant crime rate, compared to that of his rural hometown, he was shocked. Finding a job wasn’t too difficult for him, as the crime rates were so high due to the Great Depression. The force openly accepted him and he soon rose within the ranks.

After some time on the force, an old hardened veteran, took him under his wing. He claimed it was because of liking the kid and how he did so well during his short time with the organization, however he mostly liked the luxury of having someone doing the grunt work for his weary old bones.

(So basically he's an upstart detective, but very enthusiastic about his first case or whatever will happen. Since the hardened detective won't be there.)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:26 pm

I don't mind that you're taking time to develop a character at all.

Do you want to elaborate on this veteran? Does he have a name, is he still alive, part of the force etc.?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Not really, the veteran is just supposed to be that iconic hardened boiled type of detective, which this new upstart is nothing like. He's new to this kind of thing. If looked side by side, he would look like a bumbling rookie. But he's not in this picture.

Is this kind of character fine or no?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:11 pm

^ it's fine.

so the veteran isn't here. im sorry if im asking questions but how would other members of the force see this veteran? i just want to make sure in case he ends up coming up in conversation. i dont want to tarnish your image of him.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Hardened type, not easy going, very strict. Doesn't take kindly to slacking off the usual. He did his cases and was good at what he did, but if someone doesn't like the type that's straight forward and strict, like a man on a mission, then they won't really like his personality. Does that make sense? He's not really a character, but he is at the same time.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:18 pm

okay, got you. i just want to make sure in case you want to RP as him too or something.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:18 pm

...So is everything good to go?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:32 pm

yup :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Alright, done! I'll be honest and the only thing remotely close to this RP that I've done is LA Noire. I never really watched many crime scene or detective movies, like Sherlock Holmes or anything like that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:35 pm

^ then this may be hard for you. ive never played LA Noire so i have no idea how difficult it is. but murder mysteries from the 40s ain't no walk in the park XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Well that's fine. But if you're expecting me to know everything that should be in a detective movie from the 1940's. Like their fashion, and so on, then you're going to be very mad.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:43 pm

oh, i don't care about that. but if you're confused by something, let me know.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Read your latest post and I was wondering. Are you making sheets for your characters? Or are there too many?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:54 pm

I can make very brief sheets as their introduced if you want. I wasn't going to but it might help in solving the mystery. If I do, do you want me to make a separate thread so they're all together? that way you can look at them all in one place, instead of shuffling around the thread.

Though, I will make character sheets for everyone, even if they're insignificant or there for a stupid reason like filling the room or something.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Well I wasn't thinking about for solving them mystery, but that might help to. More or less to know their character/personality.

Like Powell, you make him off to sound like he's strict, but for all I know with the first two posts, he might be a big teddy bear.

We could post all of the characters in the first post (mine) For all that are added.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:05 pm

okay I can definitely do a brief bio:

Charles Powell: One of the head detectives at the police station. An honest man who believes the city's crime can be cleaned up with effort. Powell isn't terribly strict but he also doesn't like push overs. He's aware that there's corruption in the police force but he does what he can with the resources he's given.

Bobby Rathbone: A lieutenant who most likely obtained his position by 'knowing' someone. He really could care less about actually solving crime.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:50 am

Yeah see those work really well, because I never imagined Bobby to be that kind of character with the few posts you had done with him. Well until the chief and him bickered a little, but had I had my character RP with him, I wouldn't had known.

So it's good to know, thanks! Especially since they would probably know everyone on account that they've been working together or within the same job.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:38 am

no problem. ill put what i wrote in your first comment and I'll add what you know of Johnny Cuzzi.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:15 pm

how would i do a time skip with this RP?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:19 pm

I guess you do whatever you want to, until it's at 8, if that's what you're implying.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next