Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

4 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section - Page 6 Empty Re: The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:18 pm

i posted it by the way.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section - Page 6 Empty Re: The Heroes of Little Springs; Comment Section

Post  Lee Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Isn't that what you posted before, except without the breaking free of chains bit. I mean it's nice, but I'll wait if you want to elaborate on it. You did stop the one dude, but there are plenty more and Quiver is still trapped.

So in my next post I would basically just have that guy keel over holding his tummy while the others wail on Quiver. I'd be thinking of a way to get free of the chains or doing something about the man with the chains. (He's behind Quiver)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:01 pm

oh i thought you just wanted that one guy and then you'd do the rest of them coming at her and she'd have to fight most of the people in chains. XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:16 pm

okay, i redid it again.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Cana Alberona Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:26 am

Sorry I've had a load of work to do.

Quick thing LS has the right idea and my character has NO powers outside her demon form. So while human she is completely unhelpful . The best person I can compare her too is Raven or Jean grey. For a rating if superman is a 10 and super girl is a 9 on the physical power scale she is a 6.5. In human form it would be 1.5. ( if 2 was a strong mans strength)

Her powers are not under her control as she is not fully demon. My background will go through it all. Sorry I really shouldn't have rushed it then dashed. My bad .

Her strength and power are above human in the demon form but not superhuman so while physically she can outdo people like robin or batman she is no match for superhuman powers such as Flash , Hulk , Superman. Plus as she can't control her powers properly she is at risk of not being able to save people and hence why she is a police woman. Plus demons are normally evil so she is afraid to reveal herself even with a secret identity.
Similar to Tara -Raven but with a Starfire personality I suppose. Remember when Starfire swapped powers with raven
D -:

Also she doesn't have to have all these powers right away ; she can't fly but the wings are used defensively and later on she would use telekinesis to fly but her wings are defensive ligaments and scary looking.

Plus her demon form can't be maintianed long But i'll cover this later today after my lectures.
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Non-Bender

Female Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:18 am

I see, alright then good luck with school! Never was a fan of lectures. We'll wait to later today (when or if you make edits or explanations)

Ok LS, this below is for the current Hero Arc.

(Referring to the chains wrapping her.
Not that this matters here, but how did she free herself? Yes that does matter eventually because I don't want to just see stuff like "Dodged the attack" Cause when someone does something like fires a missile or a giant fireball and one of us just says dodged it, that's going to be anticlimactic for the continuing fight.

And also referring to her arrow attack at the end.

The arrow attack, you might want to elaborate on what your attacks do. I'm not going to be the guy thinking up what happens in every scenario. You have to also. Sorry if I'm being a pain, but it's just reoccurring themes that I often noticed, especially in the Avatar one. It seemed like you were unsure what you could do, so you made the most sparse detailed attack. These are your RPs as much as mine, the sky is the limit to your creativity (as long as it is something possible for your character)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cana Alberona Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:27 pm

Just popping in to say I'm a bit busy but tomorrow is my day off so I'll do it then. happy halloween!
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Non-Bender

Female Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:23 pm

[quote="Lee"]
Not that this matters here, but how did she free herself? Yes that does matter eventually because I don't want to just see stuff like "Dodged the attack" Cause when someone does something like fires a missile or a giant fireball and one of us just says dodged it, that's going to be anticlimactic for the continuing fight.

the chains loosened because she hit him. since he would be reacting to the attack she gave him, he'd have to let go of the chains and thus she'd be able to break free. i thought it was pretty self explanatory.

The arrow attack, you might want to elaborate on what your attacks do. I'm not going to be the guy thinking up what happens in every scenario. You have to also. Sorry if I'm being a pain, but it's just reoccurring themes that I often noticed, especially in the Avatar one. It seemed like you were unsure what you could do, so you made the most sparse detailed attack. These are your RPs as much as mine, the sky is the limit to your creativity (as long as it is something possible for your character)

how much more elaborate do you want them to be? i said she used the wind ones, so they move faster than normal arrows. so they hit the people in front more quickly and she struck them in non-vital positions. do you want me to say where exactly she hit them? because i honestly don't know where you could hit someone with an arrow without seriously injuring them. most spots are pretty deadly based on what my archery teacher said.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:06 am

Well I have to be off to school soon, so I'm going to keep this short (or I hope)

Anyway I didn't catch what you had typed fully. At first it seemed that it was sparse so that you wanted me to write up what happened. But now I understand (although telling me exactly where it hit them would also help) Because I still have to think up that stuff when it should be Quiver's actions and not mine.

NonVital parts could be something like their hand, foot, or even pinning their shirt or shoe to the ground/wall (because those are parts of them in a sense that they are wearing them. It also helps if say you wanted it to be a nonvital part of the arm and I typed out something about his leg/foot getting pinned. So yes elaborations often make for more detailed/better posts.

Like this for example:

Quiver readied her bow and shot an arrow straight at the nearest thug, pinning the collar of his shirt to the stop sign behind him.

Or:

Quiver readied her bow and shot an arrow straight at the nearest thug, who was armed with a wrench. The arrow pinned his arm to a board behind him, as he let out a scream/grunt.

(He's just a thug, it doesn't matter as much, say if I was using the main villains. Thugs are knocked around all the time in SuperHero works, but they still put up a stiff fight for the goodguys at times. This stuff probably wouldn't fly as much with the big bad bosses if you get what I mean)

But now we're on a totally different subject. There are three types in most hero based works, the heroes, villains, and anti-heroes. Anti-Heroes aren't exactly villains by any means, but they take justice in their own hands without all that scouts honor.

Quiver is crossing that border big time if she's going to be shiskabobing every enemy she's met. If you watch up on Justice League, even the more prone to anger heroes like WonderWoman or Hawk Girl in Justice League don't resort to that.

They'll often show them fuming with anger, about to do something like that, but stop. "Because it's not the way we do things around here."

Just something to think about because this RolePlay is focused on the kind of works that exercise that honor/belief of SuperHeroes. Sure other works in Anime and the such don't go that path, but this isn't necessarily those other works.

It's alright if that's where you want your character headed, but you might want to strengthen the idea of that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:40 pm

oh okay. i always thought you didn't want us to give too much detail on what the reaction would be because then technically you could be borderline god-modding.

ill go fix my post in a bit.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:00 pm

I never said that. I always encouraged better detailed posts because it gives others more to go with. Doesn't mean you got to write a book. (You just might not had noticed because most of the encouragement is in the rules section.)

Although I did bring up this subject a few times, most notably in the 'I don't know what to title this' thread.

Also on a belated note Happy Halloween. Had to work a second shift at work last night, so that's basically my holiday. Don't worry Cana, if you have more to explain about your character you can do it whenever. But if you're finished, let me know Momo
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:21 pm

^ well yeah but that was for the avatar one :p

anyway, my halloween wasn't that great either. i'll fix the post in a little bit if you want me to. im kind of stressed out now so ill probably just mess things up even more if i do it now.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:21 pm

Not really, it was meant for RolePlaying in general. It spurred because of lacking posts from our other two RPs.

And edit it whenever you have the time, there's no rush.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Okay so you still want me to edit the previous post despite what you added, right?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Right because it's not even close to what you intended (so I'll rework that when you rework yours)

That's another thing, more detail means less assumptions on my part haha.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:10 pm

^ you say that now yet when you give detail posts, i ask a million questions :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:17 pm

okay, im done. if it isn't clear enough, let me know.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Loyal Subject wrote:^ you say that now yet when you give detail posts, i ask a million questions :p

But you see, if I was to just say shot something nonvital you would be prying questions about where and how bad. See? :P

Also the post is great. But you can have your character be the 'bad cop' if you want to. Meaning she can use lethal force, I was just pointing out a reoccurring theme in most super hero works.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:37 pm

nah, she'll use lethal force when she's actually pissed :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Makes sense, that's when shows like Justice League uses it, even for their hotheaded heroes.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Question time! lol

Did the thug definitely hit her in the head? it seems implied that he definitely hit her but I just wanted to make sure.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Yes. I decided to change it up a bit. We often do things that are in the process, but our main characters aren't bullet proof shields. Superman's a Haus, but he gets his ass kicked on a daily basis to.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Okay.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:56 am

Commenting here just to let you know that once my last midterm exam is finished on Tuesday, I'll probably have more time to dedicate to our Detective and Hero RolePlays.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:34 pm

okay, i have class on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays though so I might not respond right away. Just letting you know :)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next