Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 19 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:00 pm

i over analyze everything.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:02 pm

lol I know, even when I had Renji be a coward for comical purposes, you tried to find a hidden message in it. Laughing
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:04 pm

yup lol
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:54 pm

My saga with the library continues.

I went to the library today because I got an email saying that a DVD I ordered was due in two days. Meanwhile, I had never gotten the DVD in the first place. So, I went to the library to find out what the deal was. They looked for it and said it wasn't there and told me they would re-order it.

I get an email like an hour after I leave telling me my DVD is ready to be picked up. And no, it doesn't take a mere few hours to order a DVD again @-@.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:07 pm

It's a pain, but it happens to everyone. Someone goofs up with information one way or the other...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:00 pm

they goof up constantly though. its really annoying.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:17 pm

That's part of life...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:10 am

yes, sadly it is. i should just learn my lesson and go to the library in the next town.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:34 pm

After countless hard recoveries and having to reinstall various software every time, I had enough yesterday. I went out and bought a new hard drive, so I shouldn't be having any problems now! At least not for a few years, hopefully.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:59 pm

^ yup that's usually what ends up happening. the computer just drives you insane...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Every time I had to restart or reboot the computer, it lost data because it was 'corrupted', yet it still held onto certain files. It was just a big pain in the ass.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:06 pm

i usually give into the madness way before that time and give it to the computer store guy right away. XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:07 pm

I don't have money for people to fix it. It'll probably be costly knowing my luck, so I might as well just go for the new one.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:14 pm

we've been there enough with questions/service that we get discounts now =p. i actually get my new computers from them now because they actually know what they're talking about.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:18 pm

I wasn't going to buy a hardrive, since my sister gave us one from her work a few years ago. I remembered that they stored it in the closet. lol the funny thing is that the disk drive can't open, it's jammed or something, and any mouse doesn't work with it. So yup...I had to break out my wallet.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:19 am

okay so sometime in december i realized i was going to be taking a documentary class. i really wanted to do this one project i had used for story structure. however, in order to actually do the project, id need to get an interview with Vic Mignogna. for the story structure project, i had emailed him asking hypothetically if it was possible to do an interview with him at a convention and he said yet it was. so i already knew it was possible but i knew i had to get in touch with the con staff.

before i jumped the gun, i decided to email my professor telling her i had an idea for a project but i would need to do an interview between march 18-20. i was also thinking of interviewing some people at the convention as well. i wanted her to know so that she could tell me if it was at all possible to do a project with the interview and if it conflicted with the class schedule. i got an email saying that it sounded fine as long as i had stuff to film before that (which i would have).

so because she said that was okay, i tried to contact the staff at the con. and i finally got a response for them and it's entirely possible for me to do the interview. i thought this was awesome for the project because id technically be getting someone 'famous' in the anime community.

then i get to class and she's talking about the final project. well, it turns out we are going to be working in groups and almost everything has to be filmed BEFORE march 18-20. also, because we're in groups that means i might not even get to do the project because not everyone's project will be done. and, what are the odds of someone picking my project when i am the only sophomore in the class and everyone else is a junior/senior. i was really upset and i didn't know what to say so i didnt say anything because it took me at least a month to finally get in touch with the staff and get this interview going.

so after i calmed down and thought about possible ways to maneuver my idea but still get to do the interview, i sent my teacher an email telling her that i was under the impression i was going to be able to do this project. i also told her in the first email that i had to know if i could do the project so i could contact the staff for the interview. i reminded her of this and said i had already booked the interview. AND that i had already paid to go to the event which includes a hotel room so i could stay there and do the interview. she told me we'd talk about it on tuesday when i have class.

so now i have to wait anxiously to know what the hell is going on with this project and it's annoying me. as far as im concerned, this shouldn't have been a problem to begin with and i'm irritated that i worked so hard to get a really good interview and now i might not be able to use it. im thinking about just giving my mom the money for the hotel (since she was so nice enough to contribute to it because she thought it was a really good idea and knew i really wanted to do it) and just going there and doing the interview anyway. maybe i can use it for another project or something in the future. because damn it, i got an interview with Vic Mignogna and it probably isn't that hard to do to begin with but i STILL got one. it would just be stupid to throw the interview away.

and that's my rant.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Now you know that professor's always have their heads up their asses. Nothing new, everyone's been there. Sorry to hear that though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Ugh I'm getting tired of these stupid ass bots. I log on here and see the little head guys waving. Nice a new topic/post. Nope, just some lame juicy bag thread...which we keep getting. Advertise your crap elsewhere losers!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:55 pm

And by some bizarre twist of fate we bought it, grats. You got three customers. You'll get more spamming E-Mail.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:49 pm

okay, so i get to do my anime/Vic documentary woot!

however, im also working in a group of three. now, i hate working in groups because i usually end up in one of the two categories:

1. the group where no one listens to ANYTHING i say and i get left out of the group

or

2. the group where its like pulling teeth from the other members of the group because they just want a free ride or they're procrastinators or some other third reason.

keep in mind that i did have an awesome group in my Audio Class. seriously, we were awesome with our Alice stuff and we played on everyone's strengths well. our editor was amazing, our tech guy knew what he was doing, and i did my thing directing. that's the only really good group ive gotten to work in so far. yeah..one...

so, i have the "hey i just want a free ride/i dont have an opinion/im a procrastinator" group. which i dont mind and i actually prefer. but this is the first time ive had a three person group like this. ive pretty much understood the one person wants a free ride and ive accepted that. but, i barely hear a response from the other person. and i dont like it! i dont like having to wait on them for answers because i still feel like we're a team and i dont want to 'take over the project' even though i really do want to take it over and do it myself XD. but i dont want them to feel like they're not doing anything. because i feel bad because i hate it when that happens to me even though it's clear at least one of them wants a free ride.

yeah, it's just really hard for me to take over the project even though i know that's what at least one of them wants me to do because i keep going back to how i feel when im completely excluded from the group.

that, and i really like collaborative works. like, even though we're not going to use everyone's idea, i like being in a group where we toss ideas around. especially with this because i had to make this idea up at the last minute just so i could keep my interview with Vic. so...id really like other people's opinions. and im not getting that.

so yeah, that's my rant. but hell, on the plus side, I GET TO INTERVIEW VIC!!!! HELLZ YEAH

i'll totally screw that interview up due to nervousness but who cares? XD i don't, so long as my spazness doesn't go in the final documentary.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:04 pm

lol sounds crazy. What are you even going to interview or ask him about?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:13 pm

you know, my group hasn't decided that yet.

i know since we get an hour with him, i want to ask questions related to the Risembool Rangers and do my original idea as a personal project. so, i want to ask him how the rangers were formed (which i already know the answer to) and why he thinks so many people look up to him. i also want to touch upon how he has said that he sees the rangers as family. i hopefully want to go more in-depth with that because one of my main focuses was going to be the sense of community amongst the rangers.

but for this documentary...no clue lol XD. i think i want to ask him the standard, what is anime, why does he think people are drawn to it, stuff like that. like maybe talk about how devoted the fans are and ask him if the kinds of people he sees in terms of age and gender amongst the anime community the most. im also hoping we get into the fact that anime is an art form and how anime is different from american cartoons in the sense its, for the most part, more sophisticated and not just 'for kids'.

again, this is just what im thinking. luckily, his interview is last so ill have a better sense of where the documentary is going before the interview.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:31 pm

So basically you're going to ask questions on what you already know and just want to do the interview so you can talk to Vic?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:00 pm

^ yes and no.

i know some of the answers but im hoping to find topics that havent been discussed yet. there are certain questions i have to ask because im making the documentary for a mainstream audience. so some basic information has to be laid out that i know already. but, like i said, im hoping we talk about things he hasnt mentioned yet or he reveals things he hasnt revealed yet. especially for the Ranger Documentary since that was my original idea. the anime one is probably going to overlap a lot but i wanted to keep my interview with Vic since it took me forever to plan.

so, yeah...i mean, i read that when you're making a documentary, if there's a question a person has already answered, you have to try and get them to answer it in a different way. i just have to think about how im going to phrase the questions so i get that. and, the interview could always go off and we could talk about other things. i know there's some things he's only mentioned a few times where i could hopefully get a more in-depth answer.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:07 pm

In the interview, tell him to sing the opening to One Piece... Razz
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down