Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  karin Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:20 pm

Hes 17 gonig on 18 :/. and my friend who is 18 looks like him which anoys me sso much!.
karin
karin
Earth Bender

Female Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:30 pm

...he's still not a man! for those kinds of list, we want men like Brad Pitt and Leo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:32 pm

They said "Man" not Fossils LS
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:42 pm

But that magazine is geared towards older women (from my understanding) so older men are usually at the top of the list.

anyway, i did this nice picture on dA and i got a whole bunch of favorites and requests to have the picture in group's galleries but no one commented on it! im so annoyed. a simple 'that's funny' or something would have sufficed >.<. normally i dont care because my pictures rarely get attention but when they do get attention, i expect comments!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Which art submitted was this? It does get annoying when you think you have someone who likes something and they were just trying to get pageviews or something. I'm starting to hate these new things called 'Fav/Watch Bots' who aren't real members.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:30 pm

http://loyalsubject.deviantart.com/#/d2xqglw

there are fav bots that arent actually members? really? i think these are just regular members that are too lazy to comment. granted, i dont comment either but thats because i usually favorite art that already has 200+ comments. but if it doesnt have a lot of comments, i usually leave one.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:36 pm

No there are scripted bots who have been programed by members so that they constantly fav or watch whoever is on the newest art submitted section. It's been proven and most have like 999999999 page views and no art of their own.

It's not right because it shadows the true potential artists of the site and those in need of feedback. It is after all an artist site.

What do the stars mean? I see that there's one next to your contest entry as well. Is that good? I mean I would think a star is.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:46 pm

^ well that sucks. i dont know who favorited my work then. i dont look at the people that favorite it unless they comment as well.

i have a star next to my picture? really O_o *goes to look.*

i dont see the star. im not worthy to see my own stars >.<
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:48 pm

No I mean in the contest entry group page thing.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:51 pm

oh....well hold on then.

oh i see. the star just means ive completed my entries so people can look at them and start gathering their opinion.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:45 pm

I feel I should say this here.

I normally don't rant, but this has been one hell of a weekend/week before school.

First of all my truck doesn't start up. There's no charge to it at all, so I had to go and jump start it with an equally bad car. Eventually I get it started up, but since I can't deal with the problems since I'm needed elsewhere for all different kinds of pain in the butt reasons my family just takes it to the autoshop where they replace the battery and some faulty wires.

So I don't use my truck in the meantime while I get ready for school during the last few days and do some sidework for money.

Anyway I realize about two days before school starts, that my student loans didn't make it through to my university. So none of this semester is paid and they charge me a huge late fee fine. Although when I did all the painstaking paperwork with paper and on the internet, they not only said they received it but they sent it through to my school.

So everything was approved of, but nope there was a miscommunication somewhere along the line. Which is great to know two days before I start school. So that night and the day after I spend the whole day trying to get things settled.

Eventually it turned out to be that they wanted me to go through all of the internet work, all my student information, school information, and information for a co-signer because they want one. If you don't they deny you any loans.

If worst came to worst I would just had to dump almost all of my bank money into this semester, but I didn't want to do that if something should go wrong.

Then after all that crap I had to print out an application and send it to them to be finally approved. Well my printer's black ink cartridge ends up having diarrhea all over the printed page. It's hardly readable and is messy. I tried again, but guess what? My ink cartridge dumped the whole thing onto that page.

So I went on a whole wild goose chase just to find somewhere where I could print this page out.

No problem right? Well my truck won't start up. I tried jump starting it this time and I couldn't even get it to start up. There wasn't even any juice to it at all. The same place takes it that day and works on it.

So now I'm without a car and I have to find a way to print this stupid ass paper. So I finally find somewhere that prints it. And to make sure the place gets it the next day I just spent the ten dollars since I didn't want it to take a week when I have fines for something that wasn't my fault.

Eventually most of it worked out, my truck is working and I got it before my first day, but I was cutting it close since it wasn't working the day before school. I've been approved of my loans as well, they're just putting the final touches on it and it should be squared away by this weekend, but it sure was one hell of a day.

Oh yeah and the power went out due to the heat I think. Right in the middle when I was doing the internet work for the loan class, between that and sessions expired I was about to crack my computer in half.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:58 pm

^ that sucks. but im glad everything worked out =)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:28 pm

i just dont get this internship process at all.

i mean, first of all the person at the job center has no idea what the hell they're doing which poses a problem. luckily ive got an advisor that knows what the hell is going on so he can sort of help me. then, im told to go on this website to look up internships and i have to post my resume on the site. but i just found an intern im interested in and it says i have to print out the information and bring it to the job center to apply. so why the hell did i need to put my resume on the job center site if i cant even apply for the job online? and, the job listing doesnt even say if its for summer or spring. so how the hell am i supposed to know when this intern is for? do i have to go to the job center? and, if i have to go to the job center, why doesnt it just say online when it is?

plus, whenever i search for a damn job, it always says there's nothing that fits my description. all i did that was specific was say to find a job under Disney as a company name. nothing comes up. I type in ABC and a whole bunch of stuff pops up...Disney is owned by ABC why isnt Disney a keyword for the ABC interns? It makes no sense! oh yeah, that and a whole bunch of other internships Disney offers doesnt even appear on the website which also makes no sense at all. 84,000+ jobs and the only thing that comes up is ABC interns.

yeah...this is really frustrating. i mean, they're making me do this all on my own in the dark essentially and i really dont have the time to figure out the website and the process. i mean, you'd think the advisor would say 'you look for jobs here and when you find ones you want, come see me.' and i just love how whenever i email her a question because i have a ton of questions because she tells me diddly squat, she always emails me with 'that's a good question loyal subject.' and dont even get me started on the Disney College Program help because that was a whole other mess in and of itself. and im not doing it. i refuse. i dont care if my family can come to Disneyworld/land for 50% off...although...that is really cool....

for a school that apparently has connections with Walt Disney World, you'd think they'd know a little bit more than they do.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:36 pm

They're connected or owned by Disney? Either way, welcome to the world LS lol. I know it sucks, but that's what it's like.

Remember what I said about shitty communication which ruins and halts things? Well that's everything's like. You basically have to pull teeth.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:03 pm

yeah, and youd think ive had enough experience with mis-communication that id be used to it by now. but im not and i dont know if i ever will lol.

yes, Disney owns a lot of smaller companies. actually, a lot of smaller companies are owned by larger companies...it's called the big 6 i believe because almost everything is owned by one of six companies. Disney also owns ESPN, Marvel...crap there was more I knew...but i forget XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:45 pm

I know what you mean. When I worked construction this Summer, we had this one job. It was a government paying job, so we got paid better than we normally would had. That probably was the only good part of it.

I mean they wanted us to do a specific job (plumbing) but they never worked with us. Their was a failure in communication. They were like brain dead.

Ok so I'll start from the beginning. We get a call or more like our boss does about them needing our assistance with plumbing technicalities, and I'm not talking about like using a plunger on a toilet or anything like that. More complex and labor intensive than that.

I don't know how much I can actually say about that. I didn't have to sign any papers, but you know how the government is.

Anyway we finally get to the place, and have to park in their garage. It's the only place since it's a packed no parking city area. So we can't do that until we get our vehicle scanned because it might be bombed or whatever crap.

So they never tell us where the place is because they don't do it there. We finally find the place on our own because they couldn't be arsed to tell us where it actually was.

After some monkeying around, we get approved to finally go in to the garage. It kind of confused me because we had to get a scan, than park our car at the place where we're supposed to work so we can get our identifications verified, wait forever, get approved again, and than finally they allow us in the garage.

Now here's the best part. They make us do all this ****, but I can tell you I saw several giant trucks and whatnot drive through that garage without those security guards even asking for license or anything. I mean what the hell? (We have to go through this process every day until the job is finished. It doesn't matter that we were already there before or that they don't do it to everyone else...but whatever. I'm done the stupid job now)

We weren't told about all this limbo stuff from the briefing of the job. The way we understood it was that we would just drive in. Can't blame us for failed communication.

Than when we get inside the building to do the job, the owners are pissed that it took us so long. If you trained your monkeys at the front door, we wouldn't have that problem assholes.

Here's the best part. When we finally get to the room where things need to be done we run into another problem. Again it's something they failed to tell us.

Since we need to drill through the wall, which they knew about, they tell us we can't do that sort of thing during morning hours/business hours. And they're the ones that told us to be there at morning, I mean are they brain dead?

After a while we finally are allowed to drill. We didn't bring a tarp or anything since they told us all of that was provided. However, it wasn't provided and so again they didn't want us to drill. I knew the person I was working under wanted to kill one of them at that time. I just wanted to leave.

Instead I raided some government conference room which was full of table clothes for our tarp dust collectors. Too bad if they didn't like that. After so much BS we were finally able to get to work.

Oh yeah and we also had to do some work in the parking garage. We had to have papers signed to block off parts where we needed to be doing work, which cars couldn't be parked or in the way for. We couldn't block it off ourselves because that's not how the government works. They need the real deal to go in and tie some construction tape line up to block them off.

However they blocked off the wrong spots, when we even showed them where we needed to work. Not only was it the wrong spot but it was like far far away from where we showed them.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:44 pm

^ lol. that really sucks.

today was like one of the worst days at school. i didnt feel well to start, so in a pissy mood from the beginning. i go to the career center person and she's not there which whatever, kind of pissed but ill move on. then i get to my class where we get our midterms back.

i got a 73 because i got 20 points off one question.

now, first i was like 'holy ****' even though everyone did bad on the test. but then i find out i got the question wrong because of the teacher and not because i didnt comprehend the question. the questions were set up like this:

Topic in bold (say, like Audio)
Question
Question

but then the one i got wrong was like this:

Continuity of Sounds: Give examples of continuity in sounds. (this part was in bold)
Context
Foreground/Background
etc.
etc.

so i went up during the midterm and asked if the bold portion was a separate question from the unbolded stuff. because context can be in terms of sound or it can be a general film term. she said they were separate questions. so i answered all of them. turns out, they were actually part of the same question and she wanted context of sound rather than context in general. but context in general is like the same exact thing of context in sound only it just applies to sound.

so i went up to her and i told her that and she remembered me asking and i said 'well maybe we just misunderstood each other'. i mean, didn't she notice that it was weird that i gave an answer to the topic and then gave just a general answer for the rest of the stuff? but anyway, so she admits a mistake was made on her part and she does nothing. WTF i got the question wrong because you told me something wrong and you aren't going to fix it? thats bullshit. im sorry but it is.

in the end, i didnt care at one point because she curved the test because everyone got that question wrong (gee, i wonder why) so i got a 91. but then i got pissed again because in her twisted little world of grading, a 91 is not an A, it's a B+. again, no big deal because it was curved and whatever and the midterm is only 15%. but apparently, this is how she grades EVERYTHING! so, my past two A-s were in normal society an A and she gave me an A- because a 98 is an A- in her eyes. okay, if i have a 95, i want the 4.0 on my transcipt damn it. i have a scholarship so i dont want my average to fall because her methods of grading are warped. that means i cant really screw up on anything else because i have to maintain a 3.5 i think which is an A- and she's giving me an A- for no reason. who the **** gives a 91 and a 98 a B+ and A-? WHO DOES THAT? God, I thought my high school teachers were evil but this is just MADNESS and Sparta.

im thinking if it jeopardizes my scholarship, im going to the dean of the school. but first, im going to check what the limits of the scholarship are before i complain...even though im pissed either way.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:21 pm

Welcome to College and the real world LS. Like I explained in my post above.

Although, you didn't get the grade you wanted, at least it's still passing. Hell if it was her fault and you failed than that would really suck. I had several professors like her. She's just the one of many.

Check rate my professors next time before you sign up for classes. Trust me you can avoid some really terrible teachers/professors that way.

Anyway I've had many like her. One had the same grading method even. I mean I really didn't care either way because I don't have a scholarship to worry about. That's where all my Summer job funds go basically. I just do the best I can, aim for a high A, and await the results.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:48 pm

im just somewhat glad i got curved because a 73 is apparently an F in her world @_@.

the problem with rate my professor is 1. i usually tend to like my teachers. aside from that one teacher in high school, ive never had a problem with teachers when most of the students say the teacher is terrible. so i never think to trust rate my professor because im usually more lenient. and 2. there's barely any options for classes for me to sign up for anyway because i have most of my gen eds done so i have limited classes i can pick from. because for some twisted reason, all the required classes for the communications degree are at the same damn time @_@. so even if i wanted to avoid a teacher, its hard because with the limited classes, i may not have a choice.

i definitely plan on avoiding this teacher though because she gives me no leeway in terms of grades. and if i earned a 98, i want the damn 4.0 on my transcript and not the 3.5 especially since i have a scholarship and plan on applying for more scholarships so i can pay for my summer internship.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:18 pm

Omg I cant believe I have attracted some hardcore Invader Zim fan with my trailer that is now making it a point to argue and yell at me about when Invader Zim stopped airing on television. Seriously, do they have nothing better to do? And, I'm being a complete hypocrite because I'm actually continuing the argument. Pride is my worst sin.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Don't worry about it. If they're name calling or whatever, let them Bi**h amongst themselves. Arguing with people over the internet has never ended well.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:33 pm

if it continues any further, im leaving it be. at this point, im being polite but if they continue to 'yell' then im going to ignore them.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:36 pm

What are they even saying to you?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:48 pm

The comment the person left was 'It was 8 years' as in, it was 8 years since the show was last aired. I said 'I was basing the trailer on the fact Nicktoons aired the unaired episodes in 2006.' then they just suddenly say 'WHAT THY DID NOT'. and then i quoted from the Wikipedia webpage and said 'Believe me, I didn't know they aired them on Nicktoons because I didn't have Nicktoons in 2006.' i have yet to hear a response.

i mean, they could have meant no harm by the all caps comment but seeing as the person is apparently a die-hard Zim fan, I think they just wanted to nit pick. which i dont care if you want to nit pick but be nice about it...im mostly just baffled though by the fact that that's what the person chose to focus on in the video XD. its actually kind of funny.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:57 pm

You over analyze things a bit too much LS. Just let them be.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next