Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 14 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:52 pm

^ because i kept my memory card in my room so they couldn't do that XD. i hid it from them on purpose. they only got into games when i got the ps2 and they got a separate memory card.

oh dear...now that i think of it...i dont think i followed that system with the gamecube...and my windwaker game is on that =O. ill check it tomorrow.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17173

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:59 pm

You have a GameCube? I was pretty surprised to know you had a PlayStation and PSP, you never striked me as one to like or own games.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18534

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:07 pm

i like games. i just have a bad habit of not being able to finish them XD.

but yeah, i have a gamecube. my sister's mostly played on that one after i got bored with windwaker because i didnt know zelda revolves around going in dungeons. and i dont like being in dungeons. i like being outside in games for some reason XD. even in ff10 whenever we go into a temple, i try to get out as quick as possible to the boss because i hate being inside.

i remember as a kid i wanted a N64 because my neighbor had it and i loved mario kart. and i wanted to play orcarina of time because i watched my cousin play. but my mom heard from Santa that the playstation would be better for me. i have a whole bunch of games on the playstation. i dont know how many ive actually beaten though. the first one i beat was the rugrats game.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Well if you have a GC and you don't want to spend too much money on games, I know a few good games you might like.

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance is a really good game. It's a strategy based game, but it has a good story and great character development, even for minor characters (as long as you read every conversation skit and the such) It's also no where near as hard as FFT and you can choose the difficulty level.

There's also Pikmin 1 and 2, don't know if you've played that game, but you're always outside in that game. The first one is about collecting spaceship parts when your shuttle breaks apart in the sky of the world. You get these little flower like buddies to help you out and they all have different abilities.

Also if you can find it, Phantasy Star Online is a very great game, it has both episode 1 and 2, which were two separate games on the DC. It's old and the graphics are dated, but the music, the mysterious and confusing plot, and wide beautifully colored world is great. You can even customize your own character, although it's a little limited in creation compared to Phantasy Star Universe, but that's expected in a prequel.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:41 pm

I wanted to get Pikman when i got the gamecube but i never got it in the end.

is the fire emblem the first of that other game you and zfish were talking about? cause i was thinking about getting it. but first, i have to get Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep cause ive been waiting forever for that game. and Epic Mickey XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Yeah it's the first one and the sequel is on the Wii. When you do get it, level up Rolf and Boyd, they might start off a tad slow, but they become pretty balanced characters.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:44 pm

oh good so i dont make another mistake with characters like i did with Wakka.

i hate using that guy in ff10 but apparently he's like the best player of the game @_@. who would have thought someone who fights just by throwing a ball at enemies could be the most powerful player as opposed to, i dont know, a sword?!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Well he did seem pretty annoying when I saw my cousin playing the game. Rolf and Boyd are nice characters though. They have their own stories to tell to, which is revealed throughout the game. They're brothers, Rolf is the little kid who whines and Boyd is the big brother who picks on him when he whines.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:50 pm

well that seems a lot better =)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:25 pm

So about my Wii...I decided to play some of my virtual games I bought online and other games. I figured since I got it fixed I should start playing it again and fortunately I had a lot of my files saved.

Turned out I saved all my game files when it first started acting up, but it got better so I stopped saving the files again. I realized, to my disappointment, that half of my newer games didn't have any save files or were far behind where I last saved them in the Wii storage. I couldn't even remember what to do next in half the games since it was so long ago since I last played that game and that section where I saved it...it would probably be better just to restart some of them over cause it would take hours to even figure out what to do next.

Which brings me to another rant. The memory card feature and Wii save file system storage are so inadequate to each other. Honestly I don't know what the hell Nintendo was thinking when they made the two. In game you can never save with the memory card, you can only save with the Wii storage. Then if you wanted to go and save it to the card you would have to restart the Wii to log into the main Wii menu and from there the save files so you could move or copy the file to the memory card.

I honestly don't understand that at all...and it gets better! You apparently can't load files in game from the memory card...it automatically loads only those in the Wii system. So all the memory card is good for is a backup which is really ineffective. Nintendo usually makes some good products and decisions, but this one takes the cake for being the stupidest ones ever...the online game features almost butts heads with it, but that's a whole different story.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:02 pm

^ that sounds really stupid and confusing.

all i know is, my sister had to return her Toy Story 3 game but when she bought her own copy her files were working fine with the game. XD

from what you're saying, it sounds like you shouldnt even buy a memory card.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:14 pm

No you should still have a way to save data, in case something happens to your Wii. If you own one, buy it just for a backup. Make sure to perform a file save, for all games you've played recently...like a two week maintenance thing that way you don't lose any data.

There are still some games it won't allow you to copy or move data to, which I find really retarded. For instance I lost all my Super Smash Brawl data, all the characters I had, the secrets, stickers, and trophies. A lot of games that are not as far in the data I expected or don't have a save file anymore...I don't feel bothered to play them anymore.

I might, but it will probably be a long time from now.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:53 pm

ill have to tell my sisters that or ill buy it for them for christmas or something. and ill keep that in mind when Epic Mickey comes out.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Yeah I plan on saving all my files all the time in case my Wii takes another nose dive.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:12 pm

thats why it should be optional to use the self storage. i mean, when i get a ps3 (if i get one) i dont plan on using the self storage system unless it has a similar set up as the wii. from my understanding, it's cheaper to get one with less self storage anyway. but then again, i still have no idea what's going on with the ps3 so...yeah.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:10 pm

I'm actually contemplating on finding a way to cheat on most of my games, just so I can get back to where I once was with most of them. Kinda sucks, but I don't really feel like spending/wasting hours to get back to where I once was with most of them.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:04 pm

^ when stuff like that happens, i usually stop playing the game. but if i knew how to cheat, i would.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:00 am

Oh yeah same here. I either stop or (a) year(s) I dust off the old game to just play it again. I might not get as far as before, if I even bother to play it anymore.

I did find a really cheap $10 cheat device. It has built in save files, which has certain things like have all characters, start off at this level, all levels completed...so I might go and buy that. I already finished most of the games so I don't really care about cheating. I just enjoyed replaying the completed levels/missions from time to time.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:08 pm

im almost done with Zelda Windwaker. Really, i dont get what the hell my problem was when i first played this game. though...ive been using the cheat book from the beginning because Zelda games are not my forte. at all. id probably be at the very beginning still if i didnt have it XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Wind Waker was a pretty fun game. I hear the new Zelda game they're making for the Wii has styles similar to it's celshading.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:40 pm

they're making another one?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Not another sequel to Wind Waker, just a game in it's style. It looks cartoony but still realistic at the same time. It actually looks a lot more nice then Twilight Princess.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:53 pm

i liked the way Twilight Princess looked but it's been a while so i dont really remember the quality.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:56 am

I couldn't find any actual images, but here's banner with its style.

Rant Thread - Page 14 Skywardsword
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:12 pm

wow that looks cool.

i beat Windwaker today by the way XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject