Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Lee Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:19 am

See? What did I tell ya! I heard about the writers strike, and I even think it messed with Avatar.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:25 pm

okay, after just checking Wikipedia, I have figured out why Jin was in China. It was a flashback from before the crash. It still doesn't make me feel any better about LOST. and I don't get why someone who owns a massive car company in Korea would make sure his employee gives a stuff bear to a Chinese ambassador. and just because you're Korean or Chinese doesn't mean you can speak the other language fluently @_@.

and i wouldnt be surprised if Avatar was effected. Because really, the first episodes were not up to expectations considering we had to wait such a long time to get them.

on another note, i finally tried to watch the Kenshin OVA. I only got seven minutes into it before I turned it off and tried the other OVA. the other one was a disappointment as well @_@.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:09 pm

OH MY GOD MY OLD HIGH SCHOOL IS DOING BEAUTY AND THE BEAST NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:31 pm

How is that a rant? That sounds good. At least you make it sound so.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:44 pm

It's a good rant XD. And I just wanted to share =p.

Here, I can add this little bit to it:

So this is totally amazing because recently, I've been disappointed over the fact that Beauty and the Beast was taken off of broadway because its one of those shows that i wouldnt mind seeing again. Especially since I dont remember anything from when i saw it other than a big boom happening when the Prince transforms into the Beast and it scared me. so this is so awesome because my old high school does top notch performances so it would be just as good as seeing it on broadway.

So once again, WOOHOO. i only wish my college would do it so then i could help work on it. id be the super dramaturg again on that play XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:31 am

Crap, I just realized Gettysburg is next week. If I can't get this illness taken care of by then, there's no way I can do it. They were going to add an extra day to! It was supposed to be the day after the battle, when some portions of Union regiments chased and attacked the retreating Confederate army. Great just great, probably the only thing I was going to look forward to this Summer, shot to hell.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:06 pm

^ if you just rest, im sure you'll be okay to go.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Just started playing Final Fantasy Tactics, the first one.

I played it a while back, a few years ago, but I stopped for certain reasons. I had a hard time with the game. I played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 1 and 2 later on for the DS, they were really good games, the plot was easy to follow, and they weren't too hard.

Now I went back and started to play the first one again. I started anew, planned to keep all my fighters alive (like FE) and wanted to play it through to the end. Without cheating of course, my friend did that cause he said it was too hard. I started it up again thinking I was younger and less experience or something, but the damn game is still freaking hard.

The enemies are way too overpowered. Half the time I'm taking 30 damage with any attack and wasting most of my units turns healing others. It's ridiculous how broken things are in the game. It gets kinda frustrating actually...I'm just on the third or fourth fight and already things are turning sour.

Anyone else played this game? If so, please tell me you've had the same experience...else I'll curse my luck.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:55 pm

i cant even get through final fantasy 10 XD.

and i used the book after seymour first battle because it took me three years just to kick his ass and i wanted to just beat the damn thing @_@. and even with the book, i still havent beaten it yet. five years i think it's been...

anyway, so no i havent played tactics. but im pretty sure i know someone who has and they said it was really hard. either that or they were talking about crystal chronicles. i dont know which. but they said it took them 60+ hours to beat it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:54 pm

Crystal Chronicles was pretty easy. I killed the last boss and I didn't even know WTF was going on for most of the battle, so that says something. It looked like some kinda acid trip you'd see on TV, cause things were all different colors and floating all around. It was weird.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:09 am

then it was probably tactics they were talking about XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:21 am

I finally killed the boss I was stuck on. The boss that did 45 damage, which actually equaled a KO. I have no idea how that one works, but whatever he's done with.

I used three knights and a chemist. I equipped the chemist with a auto potion command. Everytime she was hit, she used one and the dumbass kept hitting her. He did about 50 and a potion heals 30. Then my knights just cornered him near a wall and bashed him up.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:48 am

^ sounds like a successful plan.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:01 pm

Wasn't able to make it to Gettysburg this year, kinda sucked...I was hoping to see the fourth day of the event. It's normally a three day event, which covers July 1st through the 3rd, though this year they also covered July 4th's battle. Of course those aren't the dates this year, but the dates back in 1863.

The 4th's battle was as far as I know new. Maybe they planned this one years ago when I didn't reenact, but I don't know. It was a battle for the retreat. Confederates run while Union chase after them. It actually poured down during the real retreat. I don't know how well it went or was, but I was hoping to see that.

Knowing my luck they won't do this little bit next year.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:04 pm

^ maybe they do it every other year?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:18 pm

I've been doing reenacting since 2005, so I don't think so. I think it was one of those, let's try this and see what happens experiments. I was just hoping to be part of that test...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:33 pm

that does stink but hopefully they'll decide to keep it and you can do it next year =)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:36 pm

They might not if it didn't go over so well. I'll have to see when I hear the news.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:23 pm

I think I ranted in here about my Wii before, about it being broken? I don't know...I did it somewhere. So anyway I sent it to Nintendo, which is located around NewYork. It finally came back and they fixed it. They didn't have to replace it, but unfortunately I lost all my save data.

Good news is when it was going up, I bought a memory card and saved all my game data. Or at least what it allowed me to save, which was the majority of it. They didn't let me save Smash Brawl data, which sucks cause I had a lot of the characters and special items, now all gone. I'll have to get them again.

There were a few others I couldn't save, but oh well. I think it's stupid how they don't allow you to save all game data. It has to do something with the online play of some of the games. They're paranoid that someone might exploit a glitch if saved files can be transferred. I think it's just incredibly retarded and a backup should be allowed.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:55 pm

yeah you ranted about your Wii. im glad you got it fixed though. its a shame about the data though. when we bought a 'special' memory card for the ps2, my kingdom hearts file went down the toilet and i had to redo everything. i wasnt that far into it though.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:33 pm

Normally memory cards not manufactured by the company like say Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo are usually not good. I don't know what it is...maybe the company creates their system in a way so that it doesn't work the way it should when a different brand memory card is used. Either way, they tend to wipe out a lot easier. I've never had the problem, but have heard of others who had it happen to them.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:50 pm

i dont even remember who made the memory card. i just know that instead of just sticking the card in, you had to put in a disc in order to retrieve the information. it was weird.

i also had the Bug's Life game where i was on the last level and i had a whole bunch of lives left and i purposely stopped playing the game until i was better at video games. and when i decided to play it again, the memory was gone x_x. i was so mad. i even tried to restart the game but i was so disappointed, i havent played it since. and ive convinced myself that maybe the file is on a different memory card and it will one day magically appear on the screen.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:05 pm

Well there should still be a save file evident...it would just normally not be able to load it. It would say something like not found or defective save file. Although I guess it could completely wipe out to. Are you sure you or someone in your family didn't delete it and not tell you?

I've had people who don't know what the hell they're doing decide they'll play a game. What's this button do? How do I do this? Delete file? Is that good? I just did that...

I mean are you that stupid? Even if I wasn't into games, I know what delete means and I would avoid that. You got to have crap for brains not to know that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:11 pm

it's a playstation game so im pretty sure the file would be on the card. it wouldnt be on the system like what the wii does.

and, i didn't open my memory card and possibly delete it. i didnt open the memory card until after i was like 'omg where the hell is my Bug's Life file? O.o'. there are only a few possibilities:

1. its on another memory card. i actually found one recently so im going to try that. i know i have 4 cards in total: my trusty black one, a green one, blue one, and red one. the three colors were bought because i ran out of space on the black one. so, theoretically, bug's life should have been on the black one because ive had that game for a LONG time. but it's not. im being optimistic though and hoping its on one of the other three XD.

2. its possibly the card asked me to delete another file on the black one to make room for a new file and i accidentally deleted it. the only way i can see this happening though is if the card didnt show me which file it was deleting and gave the option of 'delete an older file' and i said 'yes' thinking it wasnt an important one.

3. the card is broke/there's something wrong with it and it deleted it which is entirely possibly because the card is really old so i can see it being broken in some way after all this time. but i would think the card wouldnt work at all if this were the case.

so yeah....those are my options XD. the normal thing to do would be to go back and try to re-beat it. but every time i turn the game on, i just dont have the heart to play it because i basically went through the entire game already minus the final boss @_@.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:26 pm

Why did you rule out someone else deleting it? It's more likely then you think. Even if you have a family, like mine, that isn't into video games it's possible. I mean that they don't even touch a game in their life. One day they could get the feeling to play it and not know a damn thing. One thing leads to another and they end up deleting something.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next