Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randomness Core

2 posters

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

Randomness Core - Page 8 Empty Re: Randomness Core

Post  Lee Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Eh, both I guess.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:40 pm

You know what really sucks? Having to edit footage that you didn't see being filmed. Seriously, I just spent like 4 hours or so just looking over footage rather than editing it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:04 am

I don't major in that field, so is that normally uncommon? Or is that something you'll eventually have to get used to?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:12 am

Ummm yes and no. It depends on who you're working with. See, some people (and this is what animation departments do) have their editor watching the process from beginning to end. So, the editor pretty much knows what's going on or at least has an idea as to what's being film. Others don't do that and you'll just get the footage dumped on you. So it really depends on where you're working.

Like, now I'm getting asked to potentially edit something else and was invited to go to the shooting. Don't know if I can go though because that's kind of my first day of class :p

It also is more or less of a pain in the ass depending on the actual footage. The stuff I'm looking at was documentary style stuff. And I personally hate doc stuff so it was just extra irritating. XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:57 pm

To me, it depends on what the documentary was about. If it was the Civil War, then I'd be all over that. Not so much anything else :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:40 pm

I got to do a doc on anime and I still found going through the footage and logging it all to be boring as hell.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Well if it's a show you're not interested in, then yeah. I mean I'd be all over learning a documentary on Avatar or even One Piece.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:46 pm

^ That's the problem though. Is that when you're doing a doc on something you like, you have to dumb it down and explain it to the idiots who don't know what it is. That's what makes the process a pain in the ass. The only time it's fun is if you were told to do the extras on a DVD where the people watching the extras are already fans of the show or of the genre and know what you're talking about.

This wasn't the case with the anime doc I had to do. So, it was basically us repeating **** that I already knew and having to generalize everything without even scratching the surface of what I wanted to focus on. That and I also had the a-hole in the group that wanted anime fans to seem like total weirdos.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:08 pm

Wow, I don't know what to say about how you perceive things. Do you think I call everyone idiots who don't know anything about the Civil War? Hell half the time I'm basically explaining the simple basics to people. I never once considered you or anyone else an idiot because of that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:38 pm

'Idiots' came out too harshly. I guess I was just in the heat of the moment...or maybe I'm just a cynical cold hearted person :p

And yeah, I know I had a huge explanation here but I took it out because it was just dumb.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:45 am

Yeah I could've sworn there was more to this. Something about Wolf on WallStreet? Anyway I imagined a werewolf in a business suit. Not that I thought that was what it was going to be about, but it would had probably been more interesting to watch.

Randomness Core - Page 8 Whywolf
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:18 pm

^ Oh yeah because see, I left suddenly that day and I was kind of apologizing because I found out they're filming Wolf on Wall Street which is a Martin Scorsese film with Leonardo DiCaprio starring. And my sister is a HUGE fan of Martin Scorsese. We were actually there that morning when they were filming and my sisters and I saw Leo but then another car drove by and I thought the guy looked like Martin Scorsese. But we had heard that he wasn't directing it. So we get back home and it turns out he was. So my sister wanted to see him knowing she was looking at Martin Scorsese lol. So I took them back and we waited outside for them to come out. XD

And the point I was making was I think people are only stupid because we as a society treat people like their idiots especially in the media. I don't particularly think people in general are stupid but I'm not going to lie there are people who I will think to myself 'god this person is an idiot'. I'd never say it to their face of course. And while they were filming Wolf on Wall Street, someone asked if there were werewolves in the movie after the PA just got done saying it was about stock brokers in the 80s. And this was one of the moments where I was thinking to myself how much of an idiot the person was but I think it's in part the way this person said it. It was like they were trying to be a smart ass and miserably failing or they were purposely trying to sound like an idiot. Sort of like those people who try to be 'cool' by pretending they're complete morons.

But then I felt like I was just undergoing a long explanation when what I said was legitimately too harsh and I didn't mean it. So I deleted it. I said more in the previous post but I just wanted to explain the Wolf on Wall Street bit since you mentioned it.

And...the end :p. We're going back Tuesday morning and possibly Wednesday morning to watch them film again. Cause, you know, we're such stalkers :p. But I mean, I did the same thing with Doctor Who so I don't mind. I mean, my sister freaked out when she saw Martin Scorsese. Her face turned red, she was speechless, and then I saw tears in her eyes. So, it was definitely worth it. It was also kind of funny seeing a bunch of girls chase Leo's car through the parking lot towards his trailer lol.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:38 pm

I figured the movie was about that, because Futurama did an episode exactly like it. Except the guy from the 80s was frozen until the year 3000, where he then continued his shady business in the future, scaring everyone despite their future intellect, then he died of bonisits. What a stupid disease.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:21 pm

i see. interesting.

id guess they're both probably based on the same or similar events.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm trying to decide what to do for my project. I have to animate words...

sort of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-aoXLZGY

I'm debating between:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84lw4ouziF4&feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYwXNKFpJEk <= up until 1:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEVK3j4wJvU <= between 00:04 and about 00:43

and another one that i had to download via a torrent. but basically its from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq_kHy-RlaU

just thought id post that here since id guess you might have had to do a similar assignment before :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:23 pm

...So you have to animate dialogue? I don't get the whole project. Yeah I get that it's animated text/typography, but what are you allowed to use?

For example I once did an animation for text with black powder.

Randomness Core - Page 8 Black_powder_font_by_freedombrigade-d3028cr

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/gallery/11575564#/d2x4qur
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:36 pm

what do you mean what am i allowed to use?

i mean, we're just using adobe after effects to make the words go with whatever is being said. i guess we can use pictures and any text/dialogue we want thats roughly a minute to a minute and a half.

does that clarify things?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Yeah that really narrows the project and limits down. I didn't know that you had to use that formula of animation. I thought you were just showing one example and that it was typography animation of any way.

I think you should work with dialogue that you would most enjoy doing. Be it a show or a bunch of famous quotes that you like that are fitting for each other.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:53 pm

well, my professor wants it to be one continuous thing so i dont think a mash of quotes is going to work.

my problem is picking which quote will probably be the best to animate.

like, do you think it will sound weird if the music is coming in while there is dialogue? i mean, in film it would make sense because you're looking at what's happening on screen. but does it make sense if it's just text? and, since you aren't a Doctor Who fan, is there any of the links i gave you where it sounds kind of stupid listening to it? i mean, i think certain things are funny and/or good but that's because ive watched the show. im not sure if the audience will feel the same. so i dont want to pick a dialogue scene that appears to go on forever to someone who has no idea what the show is about.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:20 pm

To make it effective, you'll want the text and dialogue to do all the talking, not the music. In fact even more so if you need a voice for the words, because then the music and voice will clash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkRlshocCFs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2S8QO3psEI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0DvAmY_AKE&feature=related

These are some crappy examples that I didn't take too long to find, but you can see that the music doesn't change up all that much. It mostly stays the same, but keeps the viewers attention long enough to get the message across. Otherwise without the music it would just be static and the audience would grow bored before it ends.

So the problem is finding some type of background audio that would work with what you want to do.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:32 pm

So are you saying I should stick with the audio pieces that already have music in them or I should do the ones without and add music myself?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm saying if you were to use background audio (not the dialogue if you decide to use it), you should keep what I've mentioned in mind.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:54 pm

oh....but im asking if background music in the dialogue clip would be a hindrance.

just based on what ive been looking at, im thinking of either doing the pear one or the one with the baby. cause it seems to me that the funny ones are the more entertaining to watch. at least, for me :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Like I said, it depends on what kind of music it is. Listen to the audio to the links I gave you. For the most part the rhythm stays the same. If it changed constantly like most music does, then the audience will pay more attention to that and the message of the text will be lost. Or the two will clash too much.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 pm

I just thought I'd like to share that I found out last week my professor's friend wrote Wreck-It-Ralph.

Basically, one girl is writing a script specifically for Pixar and my professor said that he had a friend who had written a script for Pixar but Pixar didn't want it and Disney ended up buying. Then he was like 'and that movie is Wreck-It-Ralph'.

and then I was like 'OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT MOVIE!'

the end :D

in short, writing the screenplay has become 'hey let's talk about Disney movies whenever we're helping this one girl out' which has translated to 'hey let's let LS freak out over every movie that's mentioned.'
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next