Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Art

5 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

RP Art - Page 8 Empty Re: RP Art

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:32 pm

i didnt want him to look flat out mad...kind of like he was trying to hide being mad about the situation.

and your project sounds pretty cool =)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Thanks, I've actually been stuck on this whole project idea. Cause I have a lot of ideas and I'm not sure which one to go with.

I'll give you a list of all the ideas and if you don't mind and have the time choose one you think might be the most interesting.

1. Would be the idea I just expressed about the adventure of these elves/fairy. I did some of these drawings a long time ago of the characters, certain landscapes, and even scripts/descriptions for the story.

They've been in my closest however on a shelf taking up dust until I opened it up recently. I was surprised how neat it was and began to do some new drawings for it, which were the ant eater and mine cart escape pieces.

Basically I would make a short animation for the ant cavern before the ant attack, then they ants come later in the animation, they desperately fight/run away and later escape with the cart.

2 and 3. Another idea I had was with the Civil War. You probably know about how much I like reenacting and the history of the unit I portray. Their history is deep and goes far beyond the Civil War. They were actually around during the Revolutionary War.

My idea was to make a trailer dedicated to their service through battles and the other types of services which were expected of enlisted men at that time, which was a lot of things.

So I was planning on either doing a trailer on their service from 1700's up until the Civil War, which would be broad

Or a trailer more focused on them during the Civil War. Their history isn't too well known and is lacking in information.

So I would do a trailer which would be like an insight of a what if series beginning during the outbreak of the war until the very end. Like I would make short animation clips of them in action in different battles like Gettysburg in the deadly wheat field or their famous battalion square.

Of course the battles wouldn't be the only thing I would animate since there's a lot of behind the scenes things of importance.

4. Another idea was about this tournament/Olympics idea. It's not really like the Olympics, but it's celebrated and on the scale of fame that it is. It's kind of like the RP tournament in a way to about how dangerous it can be.

Basically there are all different types of tournament areas, there's one for swordsmanship, one for range like archery, another for brute strength like heavy lifting and throwing, speed, endurance, intellect. There's many different areas of competition.

It's sort of set in the far future where there's several different kinds of species on the same intellect level of humans. The humans however in the far future are seen as far inferior in all levels of life compared to the others, just because that's the mindset.

It's been instilled in the minds of many even humans. Sort of like how slavery and blacks were perceived and seen themselves back in the last centuries.

A few humans however during the course of the story band together for different reasons in the tournament to attempt to either win or show that they're not failures. I was thinking of creating a trailer of this particular idea as well, to give a wide range of what the story would be about.

What do you think of these ideas?

Last edited by Lee on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:43 pm

i like the one you're working on now the best. but if you were going to do the Civil War one, I'd do it during the Civil War and not leading up to it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:46 pm

Ah shoot I was editing my post when you posted. I still don't know which one to really use. Thanks for the input though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 pm

^ changed my mind, i like the 4th one the best.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:13 pm

Ah cool, thanks for the vote. I just had all these ideas and didn't know which one to go with. Although animating the Civil War would be neat, it would probably be too time consuming. I'd always have to have so many men lined up in different formations and what not for each frame.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:45 pm

^ i just prefer fantasy. i didnt really think about which would be more time consuming.

and, i will just say this here, i dont have my laptop. im getting it back tomorrow. so im not going to be on late tonight...actually, ill be leaving soon...cause i want to play KH.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:02 pm

I've been drawing some of the Avatar characters portraits today. I actually got a lot of them done, including one's I haven't done yet.

So once I fill the page up I'll be uploading it to here!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:06 pm

^ yay =)

ive been doing nothing artistic. this game is taking over my life.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:07 pm

lol Kingdom Hearts? Anyway once I upload it I won't give any of the names to them. I'll see if you guys can figure out which character they are.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:10 pm

^ yes Kingdom Hearts. It's supposed to waste 50-75 hours of my life.

yay a guessing game.

well, im going to go and play it now. the sooner i beat it, the sooner i can get on with my life.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:14 pm

You say that now, until you realize there's a Kingdom Hearts: My Life Is Over...kidding.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:15 pm

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/261/e/5/avatar_lost_chapters_faces_by_freedombrigade-d2yzysp.jpg

Finished it! I didn't leave any information on DA just yet. I wanted to see if you guys could figure out who they all were!

Ugh I hate the image tag thing here, why even have it if it cuts things off...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:52 pm

i would like to point out that i havent played the game all day and instead have been obsessing over my project for digital post production.

anyway...

ok let me see if i can do this:

the person in the far right corner is Ryuzaki (i think). and the odd thing is he looks like a character from a manga im reading...anyway...

the person in the center with the hat is Lee.

the person to the right of Lee is Ai.

the person to the right of Ai is Roister...(not to sure).

the one with the weasel is Kozue.

the one to the right of Kozue is Karin.

the two people on the top left are Luang and Zarakai (or however you spell their names). i dont know which is which. they're a package as far as im concerned XD.

the group of people in the bottom left i think are part of the bloody bandits. i think the little girl is Rosuto...im guessing the guy with the mustache was Lee's teacher...I think Yaiba is the one with the grin and spikeyish hair....i know you've drawn the guy with the long hair before but i dont remember which one he was. Ichiro im guessing....and i have no idea who the one in the helmet is.

the guy with scar...no clue who he is either. im guessing Dumpling Man maybe O-o.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:12 pm

You're right on a lot of them.

You really can't figure out which one is Zaraki and Laung? I tried to make it obvious by their personalities. Laungs silence and Zaraki's mischievousness. I actually like these designs better than the first two I did of them.

I always pictured Zaraki to have the attitude of Zaku from Naruto. He's the guy who shot air out of his hands. Oddly enough Laung is the one to get his arm broken lol.

What do you mean about being a package? That they're always together or something else?

The man with the scar on his face is Abarai. Although some faces are bigger, you can figure out his size by his face/neck length and size. I always imagine Abarai as tall, tough, and gritty, but not too much. Like if you fused batman and a cowboy together.

Ryuzaki you're right about. I never pictured him as Ryuzaki/L whatever his real name is. He just seemed to pale and sick to me, the way his body type and posture was. Ryuzaki needed to me to be more tougher looking in order to be part of the military plot/story.

What story is it that you're reading that looks like him? I used references from Pokemon Red to get some facial feature types in.

I redid Roister's design a little bit, but not by much. It mainly messed with his hair and tried to make him look more like an older type Bumi, but not sticking by his design totally. And since Roister's personality clashes with Bumi's I needed to work an acceptable expression in.

Lee, Ichiro, Ai, and Yaiba for the most part remained the same. I just made the two Bloody Bandits look a little more mischievous to go with their pirate title.

Rosuto is the little girl with them. I always said how I wanted her to look like a boy/girl unknown gender. So I basically went with the pumpkin type haircut most little kids get. This is why Lee couldn't tell that Rosuto was a boy or girl. It's hard to tell if you don't know.

Those two above the Bloody Bandit's aren't part of the team. They're Nagi and Naga, I forget who is who. But the fire bender is the one with the topknot and the fighter is the one with the helmet. They're pretty much twins so I kept their face sizes the same. All that is different is one tied their hair up while the other has theirs down. And of course one has a mustache. I didn't want to keep them totally looking like twins.

Kozue is the one with Itachi yup, big surprise there. I didn't know how I was going to do her. The others I pretty much had an idea, but her I couldn't decide. Reluctantly I went with Hinata's Shippuden version and tweaked it a little bit. Because she's shy and backward to and most of her advances to Roister/Naruto are shot down somehow.

Karin I really didn't want to use Karin from Naruto or Soifon from Bleach...so I just did some working to finally get a design I liked. She's kind of common looking so I added some flipped curls in her hair to make her stand out a little.

Basically I only drew characters that have already been introduced into the real RP in one way or the other. And I think these are the designs I'm going to stick with, I'm actually proud how these turned out.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:27 pm

i cant tell them apart because i cant remember which one is which. they're always together so i see them as a package. i dont know which one is the quiet one and which one is not. i just see them as a team. so ...yeah i can't tell which one is which because i don't know who is who in terms of the RP.

and sweet i only got like...two wrong not counting package XD.

Ryuzaki looks like the lead male from Liar Game.

As I've said, I don't imagine Ryuzaki to look exactly like L. He looks more like a younger version of L in my head. And, even though L looks weak, he kicks ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcqivg0wTys =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Meh...all he does is eat sweets all day. Ryuzaki's (RP) more powerful than that. Besides I don't know much about Death Note, but I'm pretty sure Light can't really put up much of a fight.

He still looks like L/Ryuzaki in your head though. And somehow I'm inclined to believe that's the reason why you have yourself and Ai fangirl over him. I could be wrong, but maybe it's one of the reasons.

Their names are Laung and Zaraki not package...I swear I don't know how you can't remember them two, but you darn well know Nagi and Naga and they haven't been but in two minor scenes or something.

Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:13 pm

^ L is like Sherlock Holmes (the books and new movie). He's also like House. He's a genius but he's an ass at times. Yet you can't help but to like him.

He looks like L and always has because that's what Brightside said. Once I get the image in my head, it's hard to change it. And I didn't know who L was when we started the RP Ai didn't like him because I liked L in the beginning. Maybe it developed more because of that but I can't really answer that since I don't remember when in the RP I started watching Death Note.

And I don't know which one is Nagi and which one is Naga either. I just know they're twins. and that Naga was the one Ai had to fight (I think). But, other than that, they're pretty much a package too.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 am

Yet you can't help but to like him.
I usually tend to dislike people like that, especially when they're the main characters. Usually I'm fine if it's not one of the main mains.

He looks like L and always has because that's what Brightside said.
Well just like us, Bright was very new to RPing as well. It wasn't until we took over and fleshed out his character more that something defined came out of it, including Abarai. Read some of Susano's old posts as Abarai if you will, some of the lines are so corny/cheesy.

He told you about Death Note in our first Avatar Episodes forum. I actually think it was right after the Come One Come All thread. That's the one where we all came to register into the tournament.

But, other than that, they're pretty much a package too.
I guess Roister and Lee should be happy that they're not a package as well...

So were any of the characters I drew anything like the way you perceived some of the characters? Maybe with certain details if not the whole design? And if not at all for some of them, how did you see them?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:19 pm

well i dont like arrogant people in real life but i cant help but to like them in fiction. mostly because it's like 'man they're such a jerk at times but they're so right.' i dont know, i just love those kinds of characters but thats probably because i was always into detectives and stuff...

and even though Bright was new to rping, I still saw the character that way simply because there was a picture. even if i wanted to change what i think Ryuzaki looks like, he's been in my head for so long that i dont think i can imagine him any other way. when im better at drawing, i can hopefully draw the difference between L and Ryuzaki because they do look different in my mind. it's just hard to notice with my current drawings.

he talked a lot about Death Note but I dont know when I actually started getting involved in it. it wasn't when he made his profile because I remember looking at the picture of L and not knowing who it was. i dont know when i started watching it though...im pretty sure it wasnt in the beginning of the RP though. we were a bit into it.

Karin looks pretty much spot on. same with Roister. that's pretty much how i imagine those two. oh yeah and Luang (or Zaraki)....the one that looks like Longshot kind of....everyone else looks completely different. Oh yeah and Lee looks like Lee but that's only because I've seen pictures of him before.

Abarai is bald in my mind. Nagi and Naga look kind of like Zuko without his scar...umm..Ichiro looks a little like Itachi from Naruto (mostly just his hair and facial expressions. he has a different face). Rosuto looks kind of like Saleem from FMA only more feminine. Yaiba looks different every time i imagine him so...yeah.

I dont have a set image for Kozue either. as i said, when i see her name, i just think of her avatar with no set person in mind.

The best way I can describe how Ai looks (because I can't even draw her how i picture her exactly) is she looks kind of like Starfire from Teen Titans. however, she's shorter obviously, has black hair, and regular bangs. she also has darker eyes and has normal eyebrows (if you look at pictures of Starfire, this makes more sense). and Ai's hair is a bit more wild. It doesn't move together like how Starfire's does.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Starfire-Collage-teen-titans-35081_699_562.jpg
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:37 pm

and even though Bright was new to rping, I still saw the character that way simply because there was a picture. even if i wanted to change what i think Ryuzaki looks like, he's been in my head for so long that i dont think i can imagine him any other way.
Well maybe you haven't noticed a different style/design, but surely there's been a difference in the way you perceived his character/personality?

he talked a lot about Death Note but I dont know when I actually started getting involved in it. it wasn't when he made his profile because I remember looking at the picture of L and not knowing who it was. i dont know when i started watching it though...im pretty sure it wasnt in the beginning of the RP though. we were a bit into it.
Well it was during the first barracks conversation or something like that. It was before that, I know that at least.

umm..Ichiro looks a little like Itachi from Naruto (mostly just his hair and facial expressions. he has a different face).
I have a feeling that's only because of the brother/sibling thing.

Abarai is bald in my mind.
I remember you telling me that somewhere, but anything else? Was he muscularly bald, like a biker...cause bald can go any way. It could be like a 40 year old bald man.

Nagi and Naga look kind of like Zuko without his scar
I thought you told me something about the Aran Twins or whatever...I did a Google search once and couldn't find anything. Anyway for Naga and Nagi I never really considered their design until when I was working with them on paper. I always just pictured them in the average Fire Nation armor, with less extravagant helmets.

Who's Saleem, nothing's coming up on Google. Anyway I always described her in her bio and the Distant Voyage story as looking boyish/girlish. Her gender was hard to tell.

I dont have a set image for Kozue either. as i said, when i see her name, i just think of her avatar with no set person in mind.
A wolf lol

As for Ai, we all drew her looking younger than she is. It both befits her height/growth problems and her personality. If you forget go back a few pages and look at how Karin drew Ai in her montage. She looks really young there to. Starfire to me, looks too mature for Ai, no offense.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:46 pm

Ryuzaki's character is different. i was just talking about how he looks in my head.

as i said, i dont remember when i started watching death note.

i think the Itachi vs. Ichiro thing is probably because their names started with an 'I' and the sibling thing.

He's biker bald. He's a big, scary guy. At least, he's big from Ai's perspective.

In my head, the twins act like the twins from Ouran High School Host Club. But they don't really look like them. Maybe a little bit in the face but they have the same hair that Zuko has when they show him without his scar.

His name's also Pride in FMA: http://anime.joveck.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Fullmetal-Alchemist-Brotherhood-37-8-300x170.jpg that was the best pic i could find.

Starfire and Ai don't have the same body structure. I was mostly just talking about the faces. Ai has a similar facial structure.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:53 pm

He's biker bald. He's a big, scary guy. At least, he's big from Ai's perspective.
Well the drawing I did of Abarai makes him a big man to. Don't use the different head sizes on the same sheet as a reference. I mean if that was the case, Ryuzaki would be freaking huge.

I tried to make it look like he was tall/big from the other larger designs by giving him little difference in head and neck shape. He's tough and tall like Batman.

In my head, the twins act like the twins from Ouran High School Host Club
Oh! I heard about that show, but isn't it like some dreamy love romance anime for girls? How do those two act? I can only imagine them being delicate and soft.

Ah I see, the one name you gave me only showed some demon with large fangs and a gaping mouth. This picture does look like it could be either boy or girl.

Starfire and Ai don't have the same body structure. I was mostly just talking about the faces. Ai has a similar facial structure.
What ever happened to her looking like the Kenshin girl? It might be the way you see Ai, but I never imagined her to look like Starfire, not even facially. Starfire has funny eyebrows, they look like tiny caterpillars.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:05 pm

I guess it's a dreamy love romance for girls...I never really saw it that way. It's just a comedy in my eyes with its bits of romance.

the twins are pranksters in the anime. granted, they may act different in the manga but they're little devils. they dont act anything like what Nagi and Naga would probably act like.

i probably spelled Saleem's name wrong. and he is more known as Pride.

in regards to Ai, that's why i said she has normal eyebrows. she doesnt look exactly like Starfire but that's just how i imagine the shape of her face to appear. she has the black bangs and the big eyes like Misao but Misao is drawn in a different style than what I imagine Ai to be drawn in. Ai's face is rounder like Starfires and isn't as pointy as Misao's.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:36 pm

I don't know, I actually like your design you did for Ai. I like your and my style of Ai more than that of Starfire's. They're just more unique because they weren't like an MS paint shoop of some character.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum