Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Art

5 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

RP Art - Page 12 Empty Re: RP Art

Post  Lee Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Sure sure, no need to rush a project. It's better to keep it on and off then do it all at one sitting or close between and have it turn out badly.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Okay I finished it:

http://loyalsubject.deviantart.com/art/Ai-Timeless-River-216658270
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:54 pm

That's much better, now it has that ink effect to it. Though you might want to place Ai somewhere else, because she's blocking the text below.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:05 pm

yeah i know =P

lol XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:46 pm

So I tried to upload this to photobucket or somewhere else, but they were all being stupid, so I uploaded it on DA as a scrap.

Anyway the drawings and designs I had for Lee, they were fleshed out, but I was never too pleased with how he turned out fully. So with a lot of work today (after the chapter) I spent several hours just going through different faces.

Finally I nailed one down (as you can see a lot of erasing, smudging, and other messes occurred, but I was just trying to get down a more accurate representation of Lee that I liked. I might still be working on it, but this is closer to how I wanted Lee pictured then other previous drawings.

RP Art - Page 12 62af70bd55267e3440b5ea2a0fe1ca54-d46k1dq
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:54 pm

which one is it? the just face one or the prison one? ive never seen either i dont think...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:58 pm

The image isn't showing up? Great feature forumtion...

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/226/6/2/62af70bd55267e3440b5ea2a0fe1ca54-d46k1dq.jpg

That one.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:01 pm

oh okay. there were two and the other one was about the prison so i thought that was the one you were talking about lol XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Yeah the image shows up for me here, guess not for you.

I wanted to find a newer version of Lee, I wasn't liking his older design too much. I didn't for a while, but I decided to finally put my foot down and try to work on it.

I want to work on that animation I told you a about. The trailer for the tournament, but I didn't want to start that until I had a version of Lee I was pleased with.

I'm actually going to go back and flesh out some of the other characters to like Ai and Roister. There's a few I've decided to keep.

...Yeah that about sums it up. Not sure how you feel about the design, but I think this one might be a keeper.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:06 pm

I like the design but I can't say it will remain in my noggin when I'm reading the RP.

Although I have been getting somewhat better with that. I got Lee's hat on anyway :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks! Once I update the other appearances, especially Ai's, I'll upload them here. Got to make a lot of different sketches before I can move onto the animatic and animation.

Might take me a while to get it all working, but I'll keep you updated on the animation. I don't know what I'm going to do for voice-overs though, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I got Lee's hat on anyway :D
I kind of tweaked that a little in this design to. I wanted to make it more rugged looking.

Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:16 pm

it's easier to animate if you have the voices first. unless you're doing voice overs.

i don't know how you export things but worse case scenario you can export your animation as a file that's supported by final cut and then edit the audio in final cut. you can also record via final cut. or you can record with pro tools. it all depends on what your school has. but my school provides mics (good ones) that go right into the computer so you can record whatever.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:22 pm

Like I said, I'll cross that bridge once I get further into the production. I still need to do a lot of work with the sketches and designs.

And I'm totally not doing all the voices myself. I couldn't do a woman's voice to save my life. I'm doing this as a spare time project, so I have all the time I need. There's no need to rush anything.

I also have plenty of tools and software, so filming, recording (of sounds) won't be a problem. I'll probably have to rotoscope a few scenes to, but as of far I haven't written down what the scenes will be yet.

It'll start off slowly and then pick up dramatically. That much I know. Cliche, yes, but it works so why change something that works so effectively.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:26 pm

well i wouldn't expect you to do the women's voices lol

maybe you know someone or something. i mean, i could try but im pretty camera shy so it would probably be bad. and yes, recording audio counts as camera shy =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:31 pm

For a second you confused me. I was going to say, I'm not making a movie, I'm making an animation lol.

Once I get further with the making of this project, if you want to voice Ai, let me know. I'll keep you updated. I probably won't need your reply or dialogue for a while though.

Going to work on some more sketches when I get home tomorrow. Probably start with Ai's since I never really liked hers too much either.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:32 pm

^ like i said, i could try it. can't say it will be any good.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Hey now, don't be so pessimistic. If you want to try out, because Ai is your character, I don't mind. If you don't because of your camera shyness, then that's fine to. I'm just giving you the option because you're part of the RP.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:39 pm

^ im saying it might not be good because i am shy. i dont know, it depends on what happens when i turn on the mic XD. i wont know until i do it though.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Well if you're up for it. I'll provide you with some of the sketches, script (or technically what will be going on in certain scenes) and maybe some rough draft animatics.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:46 pm

yeah ill try it out at least.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:29 am

On top of this trailer idea (which I'm just brainstorming, sketching a little bit, and throwing ideas all around) I decided to finally get on gear and start fleshing out designs and everything from that one series I showed art from.

Most of it so far is just many pages of ideas and stuff to consider and use. So it might take longer to work on the trailer now, since I lumped two projects at once. Currently researching several things on the 18th/19th century, mostly from US and Europe.

Just wanted to say that, in case you were wondering where Ai's newer sketched portrait is.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:36 am

that's fine. i said im busy as well.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:36 pm

Either way, I just wanted to let you know.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:33 pm

okay :)

and just to let you know, there's supposedly a bad storm on it's way over here so i don't want to start the detective RP and then I have to get off cause of the storm =p. i'll probably start it tomorrow assuming the weather's all good and nothing pops into my schedule :D

i just hope the power doesn't go out for Thundercats :O
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:55 pm

Yeah that storm is here right now, I guess it's making it's way here where you live. Or another storm is, but it's big.

Thunder! How did you do that!?

Lucky Coincidence!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next