RP Art

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: RP Art

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:22 pm

moka-san is my friend ( like all you) from another forum where i also use this character under the name morganna so i meant to say that's the new fira sorry . all credit goes to moka-san. sorry for not making that clear! lol,

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:25 pm

In my spare time I'm making Yaiba's leather armor. It's taking some time to do everything carefully with nice detail. Though I think it will turn out nicely once I'm finished. I'll post the end product when it's finished!
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18348

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:18 pm

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/art/Avatar-Group-Sketch-126183649

A quick sketch of three of the main RP characters. (Keep in note I said OF)
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:29 pm

^
group picture =D
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16979

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:30 pm

lol yeah I was mostly working on the styles of the characters and their body sizes.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:41 pm

it looks nice ^_^
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:16 pm

i drew this a few days ago.....yeah.....its dark because someone decided to mess around with the scanner and i dont know what's wrong with it...so i had to take a picture of it. a picture of a picture =D

i got the pose from a kingdom hearts picture i saw.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:42 am

Didn't see this post, they look nice, it's chibi right? I always forget what they call the miniature characters with large heads and the such.

Ai has to be standing on something to be up that high with the others. What is she on? Zuko also doesn't seemed to pleased about the whole situation, about right now Ai and Iroh should be fearing for their safety.

I was also reading through this thread and realized that I never posted the costume I made for Lee and Yaiba. Lee's is finished I still need to make Yaiba's clothing though. It's all on DA, but I'll post it here to.

The description of them all are in the DA image link, like explaining it and the process of making it. This is probably my best costume creation...well really my only lol and it took a good while to do it to.

Shirt

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/art/Lee-Koukai-s-Shirt-115215815

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/art/Lee-Koukai-s-Shirt-2-115215948

Pants

(My Civil War pants, they work good for the costume)
http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/art/Lee-Koukai-s-Pants-115216370

Hat

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/art/Lee-Koukai-s-Hat-115216642

Boots

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/art/Lee-Koukai-s-Boots-115216840

Boomerang Sling

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/art/Boomerang-Sling-Closeup-115217760

Sword

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/art/Sword-Closeup-115217331

Pack

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/art/Pack-Closeup-115217562

Equipment Upclose

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/art/Lee-Koukai-s-Equipment-115217166

So what do y'all think?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:24 am

Double Post!

Yaiba's in progress costume!

Hat

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/art/Yaiba-s-Bamboo-Hat-118992936

Armor

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/art/Yaiba-Tsuka-s-Leather-Armor-118991761
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:44 pm

Okay so in an effort to procrastinate my working on a story, I was looking through this thread. And I must say, I still don't understand how you make these costumes Lee. It baffles me. Then again, I don't possess much hands-on talent. But still, it really is amazing how you made these costumes. I just wanted to say that. =D.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:58 pm

But still, it really is amazing how you made these costumes. I just wanted to say that. =D.
Thanks! That means a lot! I posted these a long time ago in DA and some other places, but no one had ever commented on them so I just figured they weren't that great.

Though that does mean a lot since I put a lot of work into these. Every year starting from three years ago I make my own Halloween costume. Of course I used Lee's for about three or two years and now fully finished Yaiba's and used that one this Halloween.

With Lee's I fully finished his the second year I used it, there were a few things I wasn't too proud about that I didn't have time to make or used something quick that didn't look quite right. I didn't have enough time as I was working on the actual clothes and then ran out of time when Halloween came, so then the next year I worked with all the other stuff such as boots, hat, equipment. I had the hat the other year but it wasn't how I expected it to look and it was too tight.

I often start off with a design, an idea in my head and make some sketches. Then I go from there, checking out different materials and buying the ones that I know are perfect.

I normally don't just leap right in and start cutting up stuff cause that's a waste of material if nothing goes right. I often cut some, measure, plan some more, measure and so on. It's a tedious process and sometimes laborious and painful depending on what kind of material I'm working with. Like the boomerang sling is made of thick floppy leather, which I hand sewn, do you know how hard that was to press the needle through that crap? The damn needle broke twice, in half, that's how tough and hard it was!

There's a few things I could work on with Yaiba and maybe I will, but next year I think I'm going to make another costume. Maybe it will be another Avatar RP character maybe not, still haven't decided how I would want to work with. Probably Zaraki if I do an RP, but then again I don't know.

I won first prize both times at the contest, but I never use them but one time a year, which seems a waste with all the effort I put into them. I never went to any of those scifi/anime conventions, but I would probably fit right in with those costumes lol.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:14 pm

^ you can't really go by people not saying anything on DA. especially if I dont say anything. I mean, I don't what it is about looking at pictures, but I get so spacey on DA that I just click random favourites. I hardly ever comment. That's why I don't expect people to comment on my page XD. But yeah, you shouldn't take what people don't say on DA seriously. It's the same with all those other sites. There's so much stuff on the sites, your own work can easily be overlooked.

The best thing I've ever hand sewed was when I mended my Totoro doll after my dog chewed it and sewing an apron for my Alice costume to make it shorter. Other than that, I could never hand sew a full costume much less leather. And if I did break a needle, my mom would get mad at me XD.

I don't see a problem with recycling costumes. I do it all the time. If you worked hard on it, you should wear it more than once. I used to wear a Harry Potter costume like three years in a row. And now, I just use my halloween costume as my cosplay so it doesn't go to waste. But there is nothing wrong with recycling costumes and you should do that if you made it. Then again, if you are entering a contest, I don't know. I never enter those things because they're usually just popularity contests here.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:27 pm

No you don't enter the contest, just anyone who comes in a costume is considered in it. So everyone votes for who they want to win except for yourself.

I didn't necessarily mean DA was the only place I posted it and expected comments there. Hell half the comments there are retarded as hell like ":3 :o :B Mesa likesa." Which is why I stopped bothering to post my work there since it took way too long to upload things. I'd rather use photobucket or something and just show it to people I know like you guys on here.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:49 pm

^ ive never gotten stupid comments like that. only from friends. XD
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:59 am

I've gotten plenty of idiotic comments. I realized after some time of joining that DA is not a place for artist to critique and better theirselves through exposing their artwork. It's mostly a Myspace for artwork where people just try so hard to make it a popularity contest. Not necessarily through their art, but through being attention seekers. That's one reason why I stopped submitting art there.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:10 pm

I got night shift again soon...anyways I was reading some of these old threads to see different things. I came across some of our old art from the RP.

This one you made LS is so great.

Is it on DA? I don't remember seeing it. You should add it there if it isn't.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:32 pm

yeah it is. i cleaned it and put it on DA if i remember correctly.

http://loyalsubject.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2518xg
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:33 pm

It's probably my favorite drawing of yours that you did. Not saying the others are bad of course. I think it's cause I often like humor more then dramatic romance.

Edit: Oh wow...I even commented on it, lol wow I can't believe I don't remember that. Both are really nice though. The original works just as good cause of the way it flows and the hand drawn text. I don't know, but hand drawn text just has a different personality to it that digital can't quite capture all the time.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:41 pm

i couldnt do it handwritten with the newer one because i edited the picture in photoshop. i like the handwritten stuff better though too. and this is one of my personal favorites of the two.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:44 pm

This reminds me that I need to practice some more and refresh my drawing skills. With all these stupid semester projects/tests (all done) and now work which is having me run around all kinds of crazy hours I can't found the time to do anything. Hopefully it will calm down soon enough with this stupid job. It's just summer time work anyway. If it doesn't pan out and makes me go insane or screws with my health, I'll just go back to my other job.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:38 pm

^ i know what you mean. the pictures ive been trying to draw are coming out terrible. i have two RP drawings I want to do but...they aren't working out just yet.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:32 pm

Well right now I can't even have the time to do any sort of artwork. I probably could but I get home so late that once I get chores done I have really no time before I need to hit the hay.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:25 pm

i must have been really tired when i read that because my comment clearly had nothing to do with what you were talking about XD.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Yeah...when I read your comment, I was like What? Anyway, what are the two drawings you're trying to do?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:54 pm

one is a comic featuring Ai, Ryuzaki, and Zito. i dont want to give much away cause I feel like that would ruin it XD. it's suppose to be 'after' the RP...some time in the far, far future.

the other was just some AixRyuzaki fanart. But i didnt get very far >.<. I wanted to do it because of Kenshin for some reason...

i was also doing a Heart no Kuni no Alice meme but I fixed that today so it isnt a problem anymore XD.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum