Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Art

5 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

RP Art - Page 7 Empty Re: RP Art

Post  karin Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:02 pm

The basic plot starts with a werewolf and clairvoyant being best mates. when demon slayers move in Scott has to make him self useful so they won't mess with him. but then some lovey dovey stuff happens and more people start showing up etc. I got lots in my head but the order and how things happen is what im strugling with. but each villian has a group of "demons" that serve them and cuase allot of trouble.

I'm really liking the blue haired girls design, I just noticed her can't believe I didn't spot it! Her clothes style reminds me of a pirate, or at least from that era of time.

How big exactly is that paper you're using? From the shots it looks really large compared to the sheets or whatever is underneath of it. I'm just using drawing paper from letter head sized paper (printer paper)

Thats Daffodyl MCintyre, Her outfit is inspired by western meets pirates ( though some of the marks on her are burns ). If you noticed as well she has only got one arm. Shes a watet user ( a descendant of the Noah who built the arc).

I use the size that = two A4 its my best sketch book :P.

It is really a shame that the villains shot didn't come out with more light. They have a lot of detail in them which is really awesome. The green haired guy definitely stands out the most.
Spoiler:

Did you use color pencils on them? It looks to be of that grain texture. I really like the look that they give off, and it really comes off well here.
Yep :P . I don;t like other media unless its chalk really.

I have to say the middle guy in the trio, still reminds me of Ethan Waber, he's from Phantasy Star Universe, it's a cool game. I think it's his jacket/hoody.

You have a lot of different characters in all the pictures. The two guys in the good guy montage, on the far left remind me of villains instead of good guys. I don't know what it is, but I guess it's cause they look more intimidating then the rest.

He does a bit :O. I'm gald he uses only his hands to fight. >
Spoiler:
The colour scheme is even similar :O.
You mean the ones with green hair? thats good XD. there part of a street gang and while there protagonists there not rolemodel people.

In fact so does the women near them, but I guess that's because she's in such revealing/skimpy clothing.

this catches everyone out :P. if you look carefully at the top you notice its grey and her skin tone would show through if it was netting.its actually planned that way though :P. though i did redesgin her with a altered jacket and tube top.

Are they martial artist fighters of some kind? Also is the pink haired lady with glasses from the same adventure you made? What side is she on or does she not have one?

The main types of combat are ~ Demon arts ( used by demons which are the main villians witch serve under one of the main villians who one the seven deadly Sins incarnate. these are willow-wisp ( which ignite aura / magic and and burn you both physically and spiritually. and dark magic along with unique demon powers taken from Folk-lore.

The humans use Weaponary both old and modern to fight (guns and swords).
But i desgined a academy with four feathers representing the fighting arts ~ Magic , weapons , Fighting, and Healing . the Martial arts are split between street fighting , to Ninjutsu ( I would use real martial arts but learning to draw them...is very scary thought XD). But many of the characters use martial arts inspired fighting ( one uses a cricus inspired one ).

There are also these things i created called the dark traits ( each named after a body part) that give people super powers ( similar to devils fruit excpet these skills are actually called things like the "devils eyes" " Devils claw" etc.

The pinked haired girl ( hymn) is in the pic but very slightly ( uner the green haird guy in the large group shot you can she her pony-tail).

but there are other groups ( a corrupt church , a military or elites, a police force and the main villians servants are all a group of villians in their own right).

All in all these are some really awesome drawings! > Thanks lee XD.

Did you finish your picture of the group getting out of the mine? so the bugs are only for that bit? sounds like a interesting world XD (very RPG like).

I know what you mean...my parents just tell to stop drawing the same thing...

Earth Bender

Female Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:05 pm

Lee wrote:What?...

Anyway I made some more artwork, it took some time to do these, but I'm really pleased as to how they turned out.

RP Art - Page 7 Group_Shot_by_FreedomBrigade

RP Art - Page 7 A_Daring_Escape_by_FreedomBrigade

Omg i like how cute their ears are XD.

@ LS And I saw the avatar movie and needed somewhere to vent about and remembered here :D.

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:13 pm

I got lots in my head but the order and how things happen is what im strugling with. but each villian has a group of "demons" that serve them and cuase allot of trouble.
That's part of the problem everyone faces, even Mike and Bryan admitted to that. I have another adventure and the one I've been showing as well, where certain things happen, but there needs to be a lot of inbetween before it gets there. So part of the battle is figuring it all out.

Thats Daffodyl MCintyre, Her outfit is inspired by western meets pirates ( though some of the marks on her are burns ). If you noticed as well she has only got one arm. Shes a watet user ( a descendant of the Noah who built the arc).
Oh I see! I could see a lot of western inspiration in her design, she looks really cool!

That's another really nice group shot of the enemies! It's very much clearer then the other one. They're both great though!

lol yeah I told ya! He looks really cool! Have you ever played Phantasy Star?

Wow sounds like a really great show or comic! Do you have plans to make it into some form of book? The fighting styles are really cool, they would be nice to see done!

Did you finish your picture of the group getting out of the mine? so the bugs are only for that bit? sounds like a interesting world XD (very RPG like).
Yeah I posted it earlier this morning along with a group shot, which I decided to do like you did with our Avatar characters.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Omg i like how cute their ears are XD.
Yeah they're elves...well sort of. They are like the offspring of humans/elves.

There are full blood elves, but they haven't been revealed yet, and the human teammates haven't accompanied them yet.

This is in the very beginning, few things happened. In fact I might start from the beginning and do a picture up until this point so it makes sense.

Notice something similar about Bretes hat? It used to belong to a human traveler from years past, so it's really old and tattered now. Since his ears are longer then a humans, he had to make some holes, since it was too uncomfortable with them being squished.

Oh I realized I haven't given their names. From the top it's Lyle, Bretes, Teythl, Peter, Dirk, and Oswald.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:31 pm

I like the way you draw your characters they remind of grandia 1 characters ~ RP Art - Page 7 258430-grandia_rapp_large

^ :D.

Thats really cool , I got elves in my thing but sometimes i wonder if there needed ( the main people in charge of the miltary are elves and the elves live in a magical forest that demons cant enter).

Your character names are really nice they have a really archaic feel which goes well with their designs. I quite like Teythl the girl ( I'll alway like the girl character XD ..i even liked Sakura until i realised she aint doing anything in naruto.. XD). She has a inocent royal look to her ( like the child that is obvoisly a princess everyone is shocked when they find out XD).
I like how all your characters have a different build.
I dont know if you did it on purpose but you could try and change the eye sizes to suit the build / age. I noticed guys have lower eyebrows the older they get and adult men and stern people get smaller eyes( at least the coloured parts are).
I know its aimed at girls but your characters remind me of W.I.T.C.H ( the way the designs and world seems). And it did have a decent plot :P.

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:39 pm

Oh I see! They sort of do look like that guy heh.

Teythl is a forest fairy, she's actually the size of a baseball, maybe a bit smaller. You can see her in the minecart escape, she's holding onto Lyle's head.

Despite her innocent look, she's actually one of the more knowledgeable ones in the group. Not that the others are stupid, she's just into books and reading more.

Peter and her are somewhat on the same level. Unfortunately his fascination gets him gruesomely killed. They all wanted to save him, but they couldn't get anywhere near him.

Oswald's the oldest, which is why his eyes are smaller then the others (like you explained) Lyle is sort of the youngest so I tried to make him look that way, but not too young. And Bretes and Dirk are about the same age.

They get along fine despite what the cart drawing reveals. It's just a tight cramped spot, and Oswald hardly had anytime to board it. He's the guy who's legs are popping out.

the one with the girl who i asked if it was Ai? yeah, i think so...i thought i commented on it...or maybe i was going to and i didnt have time. but yes, i saw it =)
Oh, well that's how the tournament should had ended.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:53 pm

My first drawing of Itachi!

RP Art - Page 7 5b4dad82f73f8c5e0791a62d780a0a6f

And...

RP Art - Page 7 PlasteredRyuzaki
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:09 pm

I really like oswald reminds of guy from ff2.

omg itachi is so cute XD. i love that one and the AI x Ryuzaki one is so funny ( because its true XD).

I'm struggling on the rosso lee picture. So i'm gonig to try and do a comic strip of everyone drinking cactus juice XD.

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Oh geez cactus juice?

I tried to make Itachi on the cuter side, but not too cute like he's prissy. Just cute in his own goofy way.

I was considering making Kozue with him, but I figured I needed to draw Lee more and how he would interact with Itachi.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:26 pm

I'll be honest my first thought was lee is deciding whether or not to eat itachi XD. I find anything withh furr cute. speaking of what happend to the rabbit rosso had? :O. :L.

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:33 pm

It's when Lee found him on his wilderness journey before he came to the tournament. His time after the Bloody Bandits but before the real RP.

He caught Itachi and was going to eat him after starving.

...Don't look at me with those eyes. I'm starving! And no matter what you do, you want change my mind!

...Stop it!

Ryuzaki ate Rosso's rabbit. I also took it out of the fanficiton because it was useless. It never made a return and just seemed odd to keep it in for only one chapter if that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:37 pm

XD aye ! weasel stew XD.

I know the rabbit was useless ....but it could have been used as food :P.

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

So my computer wasn't working for me last night (connection wise) so I couldn't log on to move the RP, sorry about that.

I just doodled and drew stuff with my spare time. I came up with this idea. It's when COAL threw the gang into the stationary jail after the carriage jail ride.

I realize it might be a little OOC with Roister, but I wanted to do it anyway. I got the idea from watching One Piece a long time ago, when they were also trapped in a prison.

https://2img.net/h/i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv127/Avatar_2009/ComicGood.jpg?t=1282932186
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:36 pm

So how's your Rosso and Lee picture coming Karin?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:08 pm

^awww you're being so mean to Ai in that Lee.

well i have lots of drawings. but they must wait because i have yet to scan them. and...most of them aren't related to the RP. but i did do an Ai and Ryuzaki cosplay one XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Should've known it would be Ai and Ryuzaki lol

Also this is what I was referring to for my last drawing.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs20/f/2007/303/d/b/Luffy_imitating_Sanji_by_kpucross.jpg
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:09 pm

^ i actually wanted to do Nagi and Naga too but...i never got to it.

so are you guys posting original characters and adventures here as well? i just skimmed some of the conversation but it seemed that way.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Well we sorta were at one point. I just wanted to show them to you all. I might have to use them for my senior final idea (that's not until next year but I want to get ahead of the game), so if their are any inconsistencies or anything you see that I should work on, please let me know.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:17 pm

^ oh okay =). ill go read it in detail then.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:31 pm

this was that one pic i was talking about:

RP Art - Page 7 Aiandryuzakicosplay

http://yfrog.com/mgaiandryuzakicosplayj

i just inked it fast since i didnt really spend much time on the picture. i drew them way too small to begin with so adding the details was annoying XD. and i failed at Peter Pan's tights...which i did from memory.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:58 am

triple post i know but i realized after i went to sleep i never gave my opinion on your art Lee.

okay, so i think the storyline is good. it's not one of those cliche` 'hey let's be moronic and go through the mountain even though its been closed for x amount of years just because we're too lazy to go around the mountain.' there's something at stake to the point where they really have no choice which is good. it doesnt matter what's in the mountain, they have to go that way regardless.

i dont know how much you have to get into the story but i would suggest perhaps having one or more of the characters wanting to see what is in the message they have to deliver. this way you can create a conflict between the characters as they argue over whether or not to open the message. since some people in the picture were clearly getting attacked as well, you could even go so far as to have the characters that are getting the most severely injured be the ones who either wanted to open the message or didn't want to open the message. in other words (because i know that didnt really explain what i was trying to say) if you think they should have opened the message, have the characters that didn't want to open it be the injured ones. if you think they shouldn't have opened it, have the characters who did want to open it be more injured. or you could just keep it mixed up to keep the ambiguity of what's the right thing to do in that scenario.

those are just some ideas i had while reading the basic summary =).

as for your art, it's hard for me to judge it because that's not really the style i gravitate towards. however, i can say your angles and backgrounds seem good to me. you might want to make the ears a bit more...what's the word im looking for...concrete i guess? like, some people might not be able to tell if some of the ears are supposed to be elf ears or fox ears. it might be a little unclear as to what sort of character some of them are. my other suggestion is to put more detail in the eyes; at least, the profile picture ones. i dont think the 'storyboard' pictures really need them so much but i would just suggest being as detailed as possible with the profile pictures and again im being biased because i just prefer more detailed eyes XD. so feel free to ignore that suggestion =p.

and thats what i thought =).
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:42 am

Thanks for the comments!

I guess I'll go in more depth. They don't know what's inside the letter, but they were strictly forbidden from reading inside of it.

They are not all from the same village, most of them are, but Lyle and Teythl aren't. There's an army marching over top the mountain passageway. The letter they are delivering carries crucial information on them.

They are currently in the village where most of them live. It's sort of a two sided village. There's a poor side of the village and a richer side. It's nothing on the grand scale that the adventure will reveal yet. But the rich people flourish and leech off of the work of the poorer side who are mostly farmers and people who work by hand.

There are also two types of military, the true knights who are used to guard the rich and the poor militia who are basically forced to do the grunt work. Everyone in the group except for Lyle and Teythl have their own poor work (like farming blacksmithing etc) and have also been forced into the country militia.

One of the aristocratic consuls about events unfolding or which he fears will unfold. He becomes very important later on. No one hears his replies/pleas they don't wish to. They feel they have better issues at stake.

So he secretly organizes the group to deliver a message to the village across the mountain way.

They can't risk being caught by the army crossing the mountain top passageways. Plus by the time they actually make it to the mountain area, the army is probably already halfway over the mountain.

They needed to find a quicker route, and that's where Peter came in. They didn't know about the abandoned mine, but he did. He's sort of the bookworm researcher and always wanted to find the missing mine to research it.

They do make it through the mineshaft to the other side in time and deliver the letter before the other army arrives across the mountain pass, but I'll leave that for later.

I only scratched a tiny bit of the true story, I could go in more depth if you wanted me to.

Anyway I didn't have one universal set of ears for them. They are all different for different reasons. One being that they are offspring of ancestors of both human and elves so there will be differences. The other being that I just wanted to have some differences in them.

About the eyes, I did add some pupils in some, but my scanner usually can't pick up all the details. I have to work on eyes more though.

I might not go to in detail with the story though with the project. I might just animate the mine part with the bugs and all, but make it a shortened version.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Oh yeah about your drawing, it's very nice. Ai is really small and now all the parts about "Leaning on Ryuzaki's shoulder" Don't make sense and could never make sense unless there was a moving stepping ladder involved. *Bricked*

The crossover is interesting, but I would had thought you would had done something with Alice In Wonderland. I guess that obsession was just a phase since the movie was coming out.

The costumes and their designs are cute. Is there a reason why you made Ryuzaki sad. He looks like he's brooding, but a very very saddened type. Still the drawing is nice! Just being curious.

Oh come on! There's no way I lost to a guy in tights!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:49 pm

about your character's ears: then perhaps they should be more detailed to distinguish the different types. i dont know, just a thought.

so is the senior project where you have to create a whole story or something?

and yes, you're right, nothing between Ai and Ryuzaki makes sense anymore =p. luckily, we didnt have too many of those instances. as for an Alice in Wonderland cosplay...umm...http://loyalsubject.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1cg47y

and Ryuzaki was not supposed to look sad. his face was microscopic on the page. i wanted him to look like he didn't want to be where he was.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:58 pm

A displeased frown would probably work better for the idea then. I thought you made him sad and broken because of the course of events that you have currently been reading in the fanficiton.

so is the senior project where you have to create a whole story or something?

No you can do anything you want, but it's the last project, which takes all semester. I plan on doing a lot of it by hand, which is tedious to do so I need the extra time.

I'm also not doing voice overs for obvious reasons.

Instead I thought of doing hand animation/a little color or maybe a monochrome and music to add to the emotion/tension of the scene.

Sort of like how FF9 does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtMNgPOZTSQ&feature=related

Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next