Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literature!!!

+3
zfish9
Loyal Subject
Uruviel
7 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Literature!!! - Page 18 Empty Re: Literature!!!

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:15 pm

^ well Jet looks like Spike from Cowboy Bebop so I guess that makes sense XD.

ill check my bookstore before i buy it online.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:30 pm

It even had an interview, a well laid out one by Mike and Bryan. They explained everything from the beginning to the end.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:32 pm

sweet. why didnt i remember to look for it at the bookstore =O.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:34 pm

What did you just go? lol that's pretty funny actually...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:40 pm

i went to the mall last week =O. but i heard about the book before that and i saw some pictures of it. and i said to myself 'when we go the bookstore, i have to get this or at least look for it.' and then we went to the mall and i got this odd feeling i wanted to get something at the bookstore but i couldn't remember what it was...

and now i remember XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Heh I hate when I have that feeling, especially when it actually turns out to be nothing and I still feel like I'm empty.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:47 pm

i dont think that's ever happened to me. there's always been something. or, at least, i create something that needed to be remembered XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Or you think you have something to remember, but it wasn't anything at all.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:54 pm

^ i always have to remember something though so i usually will just remember the wrong thing. XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:12 pm

I do that to sometimes or I just waste so much time worrying about trying to remember something that I waste too much time. Most times I leave a place feeling incomplete because I forgot to do whatever it was.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:12 pm

I am reading two books:

Neverland by....someone whose name I can't remember: this book is totally screwed up. I mean, it's about JM Barrie was a pedophile and how the family that inspired Peter Pan was really composed of hypnotists and how later in life almost all the kids ended up committing suicide. It's really f-ed up. I mean, it's so messed up, I don't think I can take it seriously. It makes me want to go watch Finding Neverland (which is a much happier take on JM Barrie meeting the family that inspired Peter Pan) and get away from this bizarre stuff. I'm beginning to think that any man who ends up drawing inspiration from children is going to be deemed a pedophile. I was so happy with the Lewis Carroll book I finished recently because that author gives very valid arguments as to Lewis Carroll not being a pedophile that this book is so disappointing in comparison. And, so far it hasnt really focused on JM Barrie but someone else who is somehow connected to JM Barrie. either way, it's pretty messed up. I'm happy the latest biography about Lewis Carroll (which Im sure many looked into since it was released right around when Tim Burton's Alice was released) is so much more optimistic. I don't like however how this author (who is focusing on JM Barrie) has the nerve to mention Lewis Carroll when that isn't even his focus and he has no facts to support the comparison. Don't bring Lewis Carroll into JM Barrie's crap! They are two totally different people!

Speaking of which, the new biography on Lewis Carroll mentions how he was very popular among the ladies XD. and it also said that another possible theory regarding the Liddell fiasco is Alice's older sister might have had a crush on him =P.

anyway, the other book im reading is:

The Art and Making of Beauty and the Beast: I started reading it in the book store and I had to get it. The concept art is absolutely gorgeous and it goes through the entire process of making the movie. The original story for the movie is especially interesting. I haven't gotten that far though because I want to finish Neverland first. Especially since Neverland is due back to the library...like today =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Well that's just the way it is. Teachers who are males in elementary school have always been looked down upon. They are always seen as wrong or perverts of some kind, even if it's total BS claims.

I remember in elementary school, I had a male teacher in either 4th or 5th grade. It was the first time ever having a male teacher so it was kind of strange.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:58 pm

^ the sad thing is, im starting to believe this author about JM Barrie. the evidence he has started providing is just downright creepy.

and...i dont think i ever had that issue with male teachers. and ive never heard other people complain about it. actually, i think the male teachers at my elementary school are more popular than the female teachers XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:02 pm

LS it's there, people probably just didn't talk to you about it when you were in school. You wouldn't had understood it anyway being that young.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:14 pm

yeah but even now with my sister's having gone through the same teachers, i still dont really hear those problems. there's only one that ive heard about but the rest were, as i said, very popular teachers and still are.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:14 pm

okay, ive been meaning to tell this story for a while now but i wasnt able to find the time to do it.

i read this book called 'How to Survive a Horror Movie'. it's by the guy that wrote Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It's really funny and even if you don't watch horror movies (since I don't) i recommend it XD.

but anyway, for some reason, this book gave me some weird dreams. really weird. i had two dreams after i finished reading the book:

the first one was my mom and i were driving in a car (at this point, i thought this stuff was really happening). she was talking about how she had to go and help clean up some place for someone and that's where we were heading. all of a sudden, i say 'Wait Mom, I think we're in a sequel to a horror movie'. my mom is like starts talking about how im crazy and basically asking wtf is wrong with me. then i say 'no, no, no. i read this book called how to survive a horror movie and we're walking straight into a trap.' she tells me im being ridiculous and it comes down to me saying 'well you can go and clean the place by yourself because im not getting myself killed.' so she leaves me at home and, sure enough, there's a storm where the electricity is out in the town and she has walked into the horror movie. so i went to go and save her and using the tips from the book, i figured out we were in a 'silent and tall' slasher film. it was bizarre.

then the next night i had a dream where my dad dropped my sisters and i at a church camp (i dont even go to church anymore so i have no idea why we were there). anyway, again, i say 'wait a minute guys, i think we might be in a horror movie.' again, my sisters are wondering what is wrong with me. meanwhile, im trying to figure out what type of movie we're in. im thinking we were in another slasher film because we were at camp. but, as i convince my sisters to leave the camp, these zombies are in the parking lot and get run over by a car. so i jump in a car and basically steal it and drive to where my mom is. my mom believes me right away and i make us go to the house to get my dogs and cats cause i refused to leave them behind. then, we get a pick up truck so they can all fit in the car. then i make us stop to get weapons against the zombies. all the while, im trying to calm myself down by saying 'its okay, the book said only a moron could get killed in a zombie movie because zombies are stupid'. so, i make us go to a shop where they sell guns and gun powder so we can make bombs and shoot the zombies. but then we realize that none of us know how to use it and we cant get a permit in time so we just go to another store and buy chainsaws. we were going to get shovels but i told them not to because the book said dont get shovels (which it really does say that). that i said we had to go north (again, as the book instructs). so we start driving up North. We're worried that the virus has spread in america so we end up driving to canada. then we get nervous because we dont have passports. plus, when we get to the border, the people are getting notices not to let americans in because of the virus. but we made some sort of cut off deadline so we get into canada safely. and then we sit by the fire in a house and wait for the zombie raid to end.

yes, they were strange dreams. i was half expecting to have another one but it never happened. XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:24 pm

Um I don't know about you, but if Zombies attack, permit or not, I'd be stealing a weapon. Plus I know there's a survival zombie book. Some guy I know used to read it nonstop.

He'd point out what to do and what not to do, because that's what the book says. Have you ever been hit by a shovel? It doesn't feel like picking daises. I mean how the hell does someone know what will work and what won't. Do they go around and start pummeling people with shovels.

"Nope that won't work." The police just arrested me.

Fake or not, if something happens, you need to utilize what you have around yourself. Chainsaws might be fine, but they need a lot of maintenance. Underneath the ferocious beast is a kitten of a machine that needs to be babied daily. A shovel doesn't need much maintenance, it only needs muscle power.

The problem with people writing these books is they don't know everything, like how a chainsaw handles, operates, or how it needs to be worked on constantly. Plus it needs a special mixture of gas and oil and too much or too little will burn out the motors. Doesn't sound like something you want to fool around with when you're in an infested area.

Oh yeah and hardware stores aren't going to have a fully operatable chainsaw for your convenience.

Oh weird dream by the way. I was half expecting the Rp to find it's way in there like it always does. A Ryuzaki zombie or something...

I've had some weird dreams lately to...I only collected bits of them though. They were kind of weird. Anyway we should make a Dream thread so that we have them all in one section!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:10 pm

the reasoning for not taking the shovel (and granted, the shovel part was not in the zombie part of the book) was that if you swing a shovel and you're up against someone that is stronger than you (in the case of a slasher movie) your opponent can easily grab the shovel from you. in horror movies, the chainsaws always work because it's a hollywood movie so the writers aren't thinking about how the chainsaw works in the real world XD. so the author said grab the chainsaw because it will ward off the enemy better and the writer doesnt expect you to be smart and grab the chainsaw so you will 'shock' him/her momentarily =p. which will ultimately give you enough time to escape XD.

and yeah, i saw the surviving a zombie invasion in a bookstore as well. i bought the horror movie one though because my sister and i started reading it in the store beforehand and thought it was funny.

i also remember in the zombie dream telling people the wear protective gear in case the zombie tried to bite you. i also put protective padding on my pets just in case a zombie tried to bite them XD.

there was also a moment in the dream where i was thinking to myself 'it's okay if the car that im stealing doesnt work at first because it will at the last second'. again, this is in the book as well as the tidbit that the driver will have coincidentally left his/her keys in the car. the car started anyway though in my dream so it's all good XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:18 pm

If you swing a shovel with the unleashed power of a baby, of course it won't do anything. Those horror movies are so full of crap with everything. The bad guys and good guys, they're all dumb.

'it's okay if the car that im stealing doesnt work at first because it will at the last second'.

Yeah good luck with that when we have a real problem in the world. You can continue grinding that engine, I'll just slip away in the back...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:24 pm

^ they are all dumb. that was the point of the book and why it was funny XD.

the main thing the author said was 'ignorance will kill you'. which is so true. as i said, i liked the book because it pointed out all the reasons why i think horror movies are stupid plus even more reasons why they're dumb. so it was very entertaining XD. i also loved the one part where he talked about if you were in a horror movie with a killer doll. he said it was another movie that you had to be an idiot to die in, you're three times the size of it. just either beat the crap out of it, give it to your dog, or give it to a toddler: it won't stand a chance XD.

and yet, despite all the flaws horror movies have, they still manage to scare me. i couldnt sleep last night (and i was mad at myself for it) because the stupid paranormal activity 2 commercials were scaring me. meanwhile, i know that is the one horror movie that if i go see, i will think it is stupid and not scary which is saying something since almost every horror movie scares me.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:26 pm

You should go to Gettysburg for one of those Ghost walks at night. Than when you go into the battlefield part, I'll dress up in my uniform and pop out...boo!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:39 pm

^ and then id probably punch you or something in self defense without knowing it was you XD.

i went on a ghostwalk in williamsburg. it was so stupid.

and we went to a haunted house in gettysburg but nothing happened to me. and we walked around gettysburg at night. i think ghosts just arent attracted to me. which is odd, because you'd think they'd go after someone that's clearly afraid...like what dogs do XD.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:46 pm

^ and then id probably punch you or something in self defense without knowing it was you XD.
That's after your heart palpitation and you wake up from passing out.

Did you walk in the town of Gettsyburg or the battlefield? You should do the battlefield. I always wanted to spook people at night in there. Going boo would be too lame and predictable. I would get a bunch of people and out of nowhere have a gun fight.

I'm sure that would scare the crap out of someone.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:55 pm

actually, ive only fainted when i see something gory, something gory is mentioned, or when someone else has fainted. i have yet to faint at something that is 'scary'. i usually just scream and prepare to throw something in those instances XD.

we walked the town. we went to an old orphanage i remember. i dont remember what else we went to.

and yes, you would probably give many people heart attacks.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Aw...you should had went to the battlefield. It has some interesting landscapes.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum