Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randomness Core

2 posters

Page 26 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 37  Next

Go down

Randomness Core - Page 26 Empty Re: Randomness Core

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Yeah, it is a mixed bag. The problem is, it is legit really hard to get into television production now at Disneyland (park only) because they've revamped the way they do things now. So basically, my manager said it's probably not worth it to stay with the Disneyland aspect of the company if filming is what I really want to do. I already came to this conclusion but the manager I talked to confirmed it basically.

Which kind of stinks because I really like getting into the park for free. But at the same time, I don't like how I'm always going to the park and not doing other things. I am still trying to keep the connections going though to get into some other aspect of the company. Or get a job somewhere near me so I have one when I get back. Just something.

I had a conversation with an Imagineer today on the phone and she said I was on the right path so that's good and hopeful.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Good luck with your conversation/phone interview! Hopefully that'll do something for you!

Also, sorry about your predicament. I was worried that may have been the case, as I know several people who've also applied for the Disney program. They were assigned positions such as fastfood vendor, sales associate, ect...

I didn't want to say anything and upset you though, because you never know what may happen, and I didn't want you to drop a chance because of what I may have said.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:31 pm

oh, I went into the College Program knowing that aspect that you're mentioning was going to be complete bullshit. I was prepared for that. My hope was to network while I was there and to hopefully make connections within the field I was going to.

there are some people that are having a lot easier time simply because their major is a big component of disneyland or any park resort. so basically, they do the bs work now but have the potential of getting a professional internship that focuses more on their major such as biology for animal kingdom, entertainment costuming, backstage work, whatever.

my problem is is that the film aspect of disneyland changed drastically (of course it would just in time i started it) to the point where they don't even offer professional internships for it.

the phone conversation went really well though. got some more connections and she said i was on the right path so holla.

edit: i was also expecting that now i have the college program on my resume it would be easier to get a job. thats also why i did it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:59 pm

That's what I was going to suggest also, that it wouldn't hurt to have that on your resume and under your belt. Good to hear about the phone call, hopefully things go your way!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:44 am

yeah so i mean it's not terrible, it's just frustrating cause i was hoping for more even though i kind of new the more part probably wasn't going to happen.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:37 pm

Right, sort of like how I helped in a civil war film that made it in the Sundance, yet I'm not credited. I'll probably still add it in my resume, if I ever apply for a position that it would be beneficial for.

By the way, how are things going on over there? With work, stuff in general, your birthday, holiday adventures, ect ect...

I'm sure you're super busy working over there, even more now that it's Halloween and all the little tykes are out and about and in their costumes. But hopefully you're still setting aside time for yourself to have a good time.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:46 pm

The park was empty on Halloween. We went on all the halloween themed rides like it was nothing. and then I did Christmas shopping.

Half my family is coming next week to visit.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:21 am

Wow really? Was the park closed or were people not just going to Disney during that time? Cause I'd think it would be super busy and a great time to market the holiday.

Also good to hear about your family visit! Are they showing up for a belated birthday or just to visit?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:38 am

No the park was open late for a Halloween party. But during the day it was dead. We saw a decent amount coming in at night but still...and yeah, we thought it'd be pack too.

They're just coming cause it's their visit time. It's not really a belated birthday thing. At least, I don't think it is.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Well that's something I didn't expect. It would make sense for locals not to bother on account that they're familiar with the trick and treating spots, but I would expect tourists to be all over the place.

Also have fun with your family! Not sure what you have planned for that day, but make the best out of it!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:05 pm

the thing about disneyland is that it is known for basically depending on the locals. disneyland has over a million annual passholders (i.e. people that live in the california area and go all the time) whereas disney world only has around 200,000. this is why disneyland changes up the park more so and does things like haunted mansion holiday and ghost galaxy every year: it's mostly for the locals. disney world doesn't make the haunted mansion look like nightmare before christmas because they rely on tourists more so and tourists want to be able to see the ride in its original form.

we don't really have a plan other than we known we want to go see Thor, Jack and Sally, Mad Hatter and Alice, Peter Pan, and the Red Car Newsboys. that's what I was told by my sister. Everything else is up in the air though I have a pretty good idea of the shows and rides we'll go on.

looks like I'm gonna be frantically searching for Peter Pan again :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:37 pm

So aside from your mom potentially hurting her back while visiting, I hope everything else went well (or according to plan) What exactly did you do?

Sorry I haven't been keeping the RP(s)/Chapters flowing/and or keeping up to date with life in general, but I've been really busy. I'm sure you have been as well. The surgery is coming up very soon, so I've been trying to get as much that needs to be taken care of (as possible/now) before then.

It'll be happening this Monday and there's no telling what may happen, but hopefully everything will go well. Just thought I'd keep you updated.

All the extra chores that need to be done and the other projects I've tackled (such as refinishing furniture) have been eating up my time. On top of work and searching for a better career position. Thankfully the first two are slackening, so I'll have more time to get started on the next chapter soon (and some other RP/forum related projects that I've been meaning to get to)

So you might have some things to look forward to.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:02 am

It was okay. While it was fun, they got on my nerves quite a bit.

We did a lot. I don't really remember everything that we did...it's all kind of a blur at this point.

I hope the surgery goes well :) and yes, I'll be looking forward to whatever updates. And yes, I am busy. im hoping to get some down time soon. worse case scenario, that down time will come when the program ends :p and i can FINALLY start playing assassin's creed again.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:29 pm

That tends to be the case with most families, so don't sweat it.

Yeah, thanks. I did a shitload of different work and chores, before the surgery comes up tomorrow. I'm not the one getting the surgery, but all these chores, projects, and other things need to be taken care of, on account that I don't know what will happen from here on out.

I might need to pick up other responsibilities, such as being a caretaker or whatever. You never know what will happen. Which is to say until things settle down over here, I probably won't be touching the chapters/RP to heavily/at all.

Also you might have some breaks. I don't know if Disney stays open during Thanksgiving. Or for Christmas, if you're still going to be stuck there during that time. (Which is to say, I'm sorry to hear that)

Did you make any progress with that one phone interview? What is happening with that?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:24 am

Well actually my roommate's family came just a few days ago and they weren't poopheads like my family was lol.

And lol I'm working Thanksgiving and Christmas XD. Disney is open EVERY DAY. Which is nice for guests. Terrible for Cast Member Regulars because we get to work on all the holidays. And the best thing is that College Program kids don't even get holiday pay because we are 'on probation' from that. Lame.

Not like I really care though. I mean, Thanksgiving and Christmas are only really worth it if you're with family and friends and all the friends I'm with now will probably be working too. So...yeah not that big of a deal. I got my favorite holiday off (Halloween) so I'm good.

Hope the surgery goes well with whoever it is and whatever it's for.

And I didn't get the position for that one interview BUT I just got an email a couple days ago about a phone interview for another professional internship. This time with ABC. So I'll be doing that on Wednesday. Thanks for asking!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:30 pm

I think everyone thinks that at one point or another. I'm sure if you asked, your friend would had said that their family got on their nerves as well.

I figured as much and I'm sorry to hear that. Well good luck with your next interview!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:54 am

Yeah, she was complaining about her family at one point too but it wasn't until the very end of their vacation so yeah :p

And thank you! How did the surgery go?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:40 am

I'm coming down to Disney on Christmas, just to be that unruly and unreasonable customer. :P

Also the surgery went well in that nothing that wasn't supposed to happen happened. They're just going to have to be restrained for six weeks and then a month or so of physical therapy. Then a little later (early next year) they'll need another surgery.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:10 am

well if it makes them feel better, I loved going to physical therapy when I had to go :p it was nice and relaxing but also hard at the same time.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Well I doubt they're going to love it when they have to go in for physical therapy. I think it's next week when they start it, but they're already hating being bound, restricted, and cooped up at home most of the time. What exactly did you have to have therapy for? Was this the stupid fiasco earlier at the college program?

So any news with your interview, ect? Also how are things going over on your front? Hopefully you had a good Thanksgiving/took the time to at least microwave a turkey tv dinner.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:55 am

Yeah, I had to do physical therapy when I got tendonitis. Basically, I went in, they loosened the muscles in my arm and then I just did exercises for a half hour. Then if I wanted, they would let me nap with ice or heat on my arms for 10 minutes. it was really relaxing and a decent amount of the time the best part of the day.

i wont know if i made it to the next step until later this week. then, i wont know if i got it until the third week in december.

at work they sold a turkey dinner for anyone working on thanksgiving. and i still have pie that i bought left over. so my thanksgiving was okay.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Well hopefully you don't have to go through physical therapy anymore. I'd think that would be troublesome and annoying. Also good luck! Let me know how things go!

By the way, what exactly is this interview/position/whatever it is that you're getting phone calls/interviews for? Is it for Disney or something completely different? It's cool if it's something that's confidential, I understand.

Also, I wouldn't hold onto that pie for too long.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Well the pie is gone now lol.

Therapy wasn't that annoying because it was at the park backstage. So I'd either go after/before work or I'd just go to the park afterwards lol. I don't have to go anymore which is kind of nice.

It's for production with ABC in Burbank. I applied for multiple positions but the one they had me scheduled for in the phone interview was Production Management or something. Haven't heard from them yet though. But I was told that I would 'hopefully' hear the week after the holidays. So yeah.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Very nice, hopefully you hear something! I'd do some research first of what the cost of living in Burbank is like. The job might not be able to meet the minimum requirements for stable/possible living conditions.

That was the problem with a lot of the jobs I found out of state. The companies didn't want to pay what the people/positions were actually worth. There were a lot of different jobs, that were asking for years of experience, a bachelor or higher, and wanted to pay just above minimum wage...

Still, good luck!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Well worst case scenario, my friend from the College Program is staying in Anaheim and she already said I could stay with her for my internship. Granted, it'd be a 40 minute commute and a bitch probably but if I have no other options, I'm willing to do it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 37  Next