Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randomness Core

2 posters

Page 27 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

Randomness Core - Page 27 Empty Re: Randomness Core

Post  Lee Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:20 pm

That's good to hear, but it would be a good idea to find another solution as well. You never know what might happen and that offering might not be around when the time comes.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:54 pm

my mom is looking into apartments in the area. im just worrying about whether or not i got it first.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:00 am

Well it's better to be prepared than to hurriedly rent/buy a place. That way you have time to do some research. And if you don't need one because your friend allows you to stay or you find another option, there's really no harm done.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:29 am

well ive still got like a month + so ... yea ill figure it out.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:43 am

On a totally unrelated note:

THEY FINALLY RELEASED THE LET IT GO CLIP FROM FROZEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:02 am

So I caught A Bug's Life the other day...Well only this bit, before I had to go do chores.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK4t1377ZK4

Also have you heard any word from that job offer that you've been patiently waiting on?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:47 pm

Pretty sure I didn't get it :/
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Oh, sorry to hear about that. Well, at least you tried and didn't quit when things were looking tough and whatnot. Plus having yourself as a DCP employee on your resume won't hurt your chances with any other job offers/positions either!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:48 am

Honestly, I'm kind of glad I didn't get it because I'm not the biggest fan of California anyway. I mean, yeah, it would have been a really good opportunity, but I feel like I need to go back to the east coast for a bit. Just so I can have time to really contemplate whether or not I'm willing to live in California.

Now the question is can I find a job on the east coast :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:04 am

It's hard to find a job anywhere these days, I should know. So don't beat yourself up about it.

And it doesn't help that most places ask for the most ridiculous qualifications. Like that they state a position is entry level, but then halfway through their postings/orientations/fliers/whatever, they want five years of experience in the field, someone to have a minimum of a bachelors degree, a past life as a cyborg, and that they want to pay said person minimum wage or just above it.

They might as well come out and say We want an experienced person, who we will not pay what they are worth, or even close to it, and instead pay them chump change. That we just want to fly pass the radar by saying it's an entry level position, when it really isn't.

Or that it is and they expect someone who is coming into an entry position to be able to lead the entire business or close to it in some way or form.

That's basically what some graphic design firm expected of me, when I had an interview with them. I didn't really know what to expect when I went into their very small office. The place was so disorganized, they didn't even have a place for us to sit, or hold an interview/conversation.

The person was so unprepared, they had to hurriedly throw stuff around so we could. They were dressed like they were going to the beach as well, with short shorts to boot. And this was a guy, so yeah I don't want to be working with some overly-weight dude, wearing clothes too small and short for him.

I also came in suit and tie, which is how I thought all interviews were handled, but the guy was like "Hey man, you're disrupting our groovy sixties flow man. Suits and ties scare me man." He also wanted me to practically run this business, when he was off doing 'business' of his own.

And that he just wanted to pay minimum wage. I already had a job, which is making way more then that. So yeah, the job market still really sucks. I can't complain much on account that I do have a job and all, but I'd like to be able to move up.

So yeah it's tough everywhere.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:38 pm

No offense Lee, but a lot of graphic design/film/anything creative typically wear casual clothes in their environment. I mean, it's weird that that guy was pointing out you were wearing a suit and tie because typically it IS an expectation for the person being interviewed to wear nice clothes. But the employer doesn't have to. I felt pretty awkward when I went to Marvel and everyone was in jeans and a t-shirt basically.

but yeah, no i know the market's pretty hard right now. still doesn't mean im not gonna beat myself up over finding a job :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Well yeah, but most people don't try to jump into shorts they're several sizes too short for already. Especially if it's an overweight guy. So I dodged a bullet on several accounts.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:33 am

Well yea but I'm just saying you made it seem like you were expecting everyone to be dressed in super professional attire where really most smaller companies just wear whatever they want. I mean, I went over to an editor's house once for a project and he was basically in his pajamas. or maybe he was wearing torn up jeans. i dont remember but either way, they wear whatever they want.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:08 pm

I don't expect anyone to have a certain dress code, unless it's required. I'd venture to say that wearing a suit and tie to an interview/meeting seems appropriate though. Or jeans. Something that doesn't make the interview more awkward...

I also can't take people seriously who don't bother to dress themselves before leaving their house. Even if it's just to make a quick grocery run, dress like you have some pride in yourself. It seems to be a reoccurring thing with girls more then guys. Or at least where I live.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:36 pm

I don't really get what you're saying here sorry. Are you talking about people that wear their pjs out in public or just put on like torn jeans or sweatpants?

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Not torn jeans, I don't really care about those. I had a lot of damaged jeans, but they're used mostly for construction purposes and have gotten all of their tears and holes from said work.

I'm referring to people who go out in their pajamas, or trashy sweat pants to go shopping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkUSdn7_1CM

Basically what Jake says.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:34 am

I don't know, I don't see anything wrong with torn jeans or sweatpants. I mean, they seem the same level of low to me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:08 pm

I don't understand your post, it seems like both parts are contradicting each other.

By the way, how are your last days at Disney going? Or the other previous days/weeks that you haven't mentioned?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:02 pm

I'm saying walking around in torn jeans or sweatpants has the same effect on me: yeah it's not the most glamorous way to walk around in public but I don't really mind when people do it. I mean, unless they're going to work or something then yeah. But if they're just running errands I don't see the big deal.

Disney's going good. I only have two more shifts :)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:15 pm

So what's going on after your last day? Are you boarding a plane immediately to go back home or does the DCP give you some grace period (a day or so) to get your stuff packed and so forth?

Also good to hear, just stick with it!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:30 am

My mother is torturing me by having me stay in the area until Monday. My last day to get into the park for free is Friday.

God help me.

We have to have everything moved out by Saturday at 9 am and no, we don't get a grace period. Some people are working on Friday at like 8 pm. I honestly don't understand the DCP's logic at all with a lot of things so I'm not going to start now.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:47 am

Wow that sucks. At least you're probably on your way home now and soon you'll be enjoying those belated holiday goodies!

What are you doing if the DCP is kicking you out on Friday? Are they the ones who have been boarding you or have you been paying for your own rent? Or do you have to pay for some hotel/room for the weekend, because of your mom and her set ways?

Well hang tight, if you're still stuck there because of the weather. I would had asked what you did for your last few days, but I just spotted that over on the other forum. Good to hear you had a good New Years, sounds like it was a lot better then mine.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:27 pm

They actually kick us out on Saturday. Friday was just the last day I could get into the park for free. And that was a fiasco in and of itself. I don't really feel like going into details because it ended up working out in the end so...meh.

I will say though now that I'm back on the east coast, I can't tell if I'm upset because I'm having Disneywithdrawls, just plain don't like it here anymore, am sick, or a combination of all three :/ But these last two days being home haven't really been the greatest thing ever that I imagined. The only thing that's really happened is my cat loves me and is giving me oodles of attention.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:00 pm

You're probably just cold as **** now and are layering up like that one kid from Christmas Story. Seems to me often that your moods fluctuate a lot, so you'll be fine soon enough.

Or you hate it here and really love the way that the Disney corporation was treating you :P Also, you make the best out of your situations. No one else can do that. Not a day scheduled to be a belated Christmas or Thanksgiving. Only you can.

I mean when I go off to Civil War reenactments, sometimes we're roughing it like the military back in the 1800s for four days or more. So when I get back and everything is cleaned and settled, it's a little different then what I was getting settled into. You just got to adjust.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Oh no, I didn't mean that I missed working at Disneyland. I meant I missed getting into the park for free and being able to go to the park whenever I want. There's a difference :p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next