Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randomness Core

2 posters

Page 37 of 37 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37

Go down

Randomness Core - Page 37 Empty Re: Randomness Core

Post  Lee Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:42 am

So if you scraped the RP story, then what did you finally end up writing?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:54 pm

The RP story only not :p

I handed it today and I won't be getting it back until the 13th. But, I think I'm just going to post all the stuff I wrote sometime this week. I got the other two assignments back but the last one (the 19 pages) she only reviewed the first 8 so far...

so yeah, I'll just post it all up and then you'll see. Maybe I'll do it today and if not tomorrow. I'm seeing Cabaret tonight with the school so I'm stuck here all day.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:10 pm

Stuck at school all day? Well hopefully it's not all that boring!

Also will look forward to any stories you post.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:13 pm

It wasn't too boring....Cabaret was pretty amazing so it was worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysf3GW-PASA

And yes, I saw the same guy singing the song. While the play was obviously on the risque side, the ending was so damn good and the set and lighting were pretty awesome.

For the orchestra which is usually just rows of seats down below, they had tables set up with burlesque style lamps on them as if you were actually at the Kit Kat Klub (the place where part of the play takes place). And the characters walked amongst the orchestra as if they were in the club. They also had neon-type lights that went around the stage and would light up at various times.

They also had the ushers dress up similar to what the characters are wearing in the show to give it the feeling as if you were in the club.

And the ending was amazing but I don't want to give it away because if you know the ending, it kind of does ruin the whole show.

The only downside to the show was the audience in my opinion. They weren't as active and just so damn happy to be there like the Les Miserables crowd was.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Some people express their joy in different ways. Not everyone is going to be a raving lunatic.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:30 pm

But the people that are clearly having a good time are the best kind of people for a live show.

And they didn't even get a standing ovation. Only Alan Cumming did.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:36 pm

See, you don't need to have a good time to be doing any of that. Everyone does their own thing differently.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 01, 2014 9:22 pm

I'm not sure if you're just adding to your statement or if you're implying that because Alan Cumming got a standing ovation that proves people enjoyed the play.

Because my point was, the fact that only one actor got a standing ovation implies people really didn't particularly enjoy it, they just enjoyed Alan Cumming. Which kind of stinks because the whole point of the show is that you are at times watching a show so the louder the audience and the more the audience enjoys it, the better. I don't know, I just think it would have been better if the audience had more energy especially given the set up of the show.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 02, 2014 11:27 am

No I'm saying someone can sit and watch the show and have just as much fun/enjoy the show as someone who is jumping off their seat and screaming (as you put it)

I don't know, I'd think someone like you would understand that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 03, 2014 7:00 pm

Well first of all, no one at Les Miserables was jumping out of their seat and screaming. But they did applaud after every song enthusiastically. And then they stood up at the end of the show which is just a common courtesy when a show is over and you really enjoyed it. Just so we're clear.

I'm not saying a person can't enjoy a show by not doing those things. I'm saying, it's not as much fun when the audience isn't enthusiastic and isn't clapping loudly and doesn't appear to be really into it.

Now, if I had gone to see these two shows like months apart of from one another then I probably wouldn't have noticed it. But since I saw them almost back to back, you notice the difference in the way the audience reacts to the show does contribute to how much you enjoy and respond to the show.

I personally wasn't someone that was screaming and cheering (although I did clap after every song and stood up by the end of Les Miserables) but you can feel the excitement in the room and that in turn makes you more excited than you were before the show even started. And I didn't get that impression when watching Cabaret because I couldn't feel the excitement.

I'm not even going to get into the fact that the energy the audience gives off also typically reflects the energy of the actors because that's a whole other thing but it does happen. My point was: the energy of the players and the spectators does matter when watching a show and if you notice the energy isn't there then it does feel like a bit of a let down. Because theater is all about energy and if that isn't present then you got a problem. That was the main reason why I didn't like the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway: a lot of the actors lacked energy.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat May 03, 2014 7:58 pm

lol well it's different if you're an entertainer/actor of some sort. I just thought you were annoyed that not everyone shared the same way of expressing their enjoyment/fun.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 03, 2014 8:05 pm

No, I don't care if they aren't screaming or whatever, I just wanted to get the same energy level feeling that I did with Les Miserables.

Though, to a degree, getting a high energy level does have to do with who is in the room. I don't remember the specifics of it but it has been proven that what makes a good spectator or even classroom type setting has to do with certain types of people being in the space.

So like, if you have a certain number of outgoing students, their outgoing behavior will ultimately loosen up the atmosphere of the room which will in turn cause students who normally don't talk to participate. And that kind of logic is applied to any form of spectator thing...

I don't know, my audio teacher taught us that...it's psychological but I don't know what it's called because she didn't say, she just explained the basis of it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat May 03, 2014 9:02 pm

Ok that's fine. I was just remembering the time when we planned to meet at a reenactment, but you ran and hid instead :P

Which made me think, gee that's definitely not what an outgoing person would do.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 03, 2014 10:41 pm

im only outgoing at certain times and that was not one of them. and there's no way to pinpoint when i will be and when i won't be.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue May 06, 2014 7:00 pm

That was meant to be more of a joke then anything else, but I guess my funnies failed.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue May 06, 2014 9:21 pm

but it was kind of true what you said lol XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down