Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randomness Core

2 posters

Page 25 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 37  Next

Go down

Randomness Core - Page 25 Empty Re: Randomness Core

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:50 pm

It's the Mad T Party concert in Disney California Adventure. I'm pretty sure I've posted pics of it before which was why I didn't leave an explanation :p

Randomness Core - Page 25 1380766_217288555105727_654680221_n
Randomness Core - Page 25 1385439_217288691772380_1134089354_n
Randomness Core - Page 25 995193_217288831772366_79536876_n
Randomness Core - Page 25 1378467_217288805105702_1601730554_n
Randomness Core - Page 25 1381445_217288788439037_195055487_n
Randomness Core - Page 25 562939_217288728439043_1473070678_n
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:41 pm

I'll take your word for it.

...but are they supposed to be portraying any of the characters? I'm assuming the girl is Alice, but what about the others? Looks like rigamortis kicked in with one of the pictures.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:54 am

They are all loosely based off of Tim Burton's version and are each based off of a character. The girl is Alice, the guy in the green ears is the March Hare, and the blonde guy is the Dormouse. The Mad Hatter usually sings as well but he wasn't there.

There's also the White Rabbit who is a DJ, the Cheshire Cat on drums, the Caterpillar on keyboard, and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum do a whole separate thing. I don't have pictures of those guys though because it's hard to get good ones of them. I got okay photos....

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:19 pm

It makes sense now that I see the mouse on the guitar and the ear props. I thought the prop was actually one of those really cheesey cheap, and fuzzy scarfs people sometimes wear. So are those pictures all from one time, or have you been going constantly to these skits?

Hope all is well!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:17 am

The last two posts I made were from the same night. The ones I will be posting in the future are from different ones....

My friend and I may or may not go every weekend :p

And each night, there's more than one show. So, Friday through Sunday they have the Mad T Party and then each night there's a show at 6,7,8, and 9 pm. Usually, we just go to one or two 'sets' on Saturdays and Sundays. So today, I caught part of the 6 showing and then we both watched the 7. Yesterday I went to all of them....lol XD

And I did progress in the Korra fan-fic thing. So yay for progress!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:23 am

Sounds cool! By progress do you mean a good bit? Half a page? A paragraph? A sentence? Or even by a word :P

Also that sounds like overkill, but whatever floats your boat! Just don't make yourself sick of Disney.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:38 pm

I got a couple of pages done :D

And it's not overkill when I won't be able to go after January 4th :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:05 am

Well that's good! I haven't gotten anything done! (With the chapters) Lots of different projects I have been working on after work though, although none of them apply to the forum or RP.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:57 pm

I finished it.

What sorts of projects are you working on?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Yeah I noticed, it was a good chapter. Not how I was expecting the last two chapters to go, but you did say (earlier) that this work could go either way. I'm not sure what you meant by that. Something about it could go a longer approach (and I'm assuming this was the shorter path)

I was expecting parts like Korra's introduction in the first chapter, and the whole equalist rally/Amon thing to be played with more. I didn't think they would just be references/homage to the episodes, but rather that they would somehow resurface later into the story.

Besides that though, it was an interesting story and you did a good job.

My other projects are probably things you wouldn't be interested in, such as trying to refurbish an old desk (without ruining illustrations/paint on it) It was made by my great grandmother, but my sister was stupid and just shoved it in some moldy damp place. So now I'm trying to restore it as best as I can.

Working with wood, wood chips, and sawdust, some other stuff...and trying to make enough money/more so that I can support my family.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:18 am

It could still go farther, the only problem was I couldn't think of anything to top the big crossover in the second to last chapter. Most of this was because the actual season finale of Korra was so lacking. I do know what happens next and it is more integrated with Amon. So if I can eventually think of something incredibly bad ass then I'll continue it.

Oh I see. I have no idea how to do those kinds of things. But I wish I did cause we used to have some old furniture that was really cool but we just had to get rid of it cause there was nowhere to put it....

You know, I'm just saying if you're really good at working with tools, you could make props for costumes and sell them on etsy. Just a thought. I wish I possessed that kind of talent.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:33 am

You don't always have to go with what the show/work does. Especially when the ending was garbage. Considering by your standards probably even more garbage then the Promise/Search is :P

So yeah you could rework it anyway you please. Cause I seriously thought Korra, Amon, or the equalist would be implemented into the story somehow. Then I was wondering whether one of your characters was going to get their bending taken away, or whatever.

Then those parts of the story were dropped, but I didn't mind too much. The story was interesting with or without it.

When I say wood, I don't mean woodworking right now. I cut trees (ones that are already downed, or halfway) for firewood and the such. There's a lot of chips/dust/debris ect that is leftover once the tree is all cut and chopped. So I'm just thinking of ways to use that.

I thought about making wood pellets, but when I did some research, the tools needed to finely puree, heat/compress/and mold the chopped dust/chips is ridiculously expensive. Probably even if I rented the stuff. And I don't want to spend money to do it.

(I do want to come back to this, if I can find a really cheap alternative to making pellets, that don't require the expensive tools/machines. Because I have some nice ideas, that I don't think anyone has thought of yet. I'd rather not state these ideas here, in case someone waltzes by and attempts to steal my idea)

So another idea I had after thinking about it, was to wet the dust collections with warm or really warm water, tightly compact it into containers, and place heavy weights on top of it. Once it dries, they're like compacted woodchip/dust logs. So long as you don't bang it against a wall, they stay together fairly well.

I thought about selling some of the stuff I make and or find on online places, but when I did some research on the rules and such, it kind of turned me off. Mostly it turned me off from using Ebay as a seller at all. With all the sob stories I hear about lowlifes abusing the buyer refund guaranteed, I don't even want to bother doing all that work to make or find things, for people to royally screw me over.

Is Etsy just as shitty with their buyer and seller rules, or are they a little better? Because I'm not even touching Ebay with a ten foot pole. I do have tons of antique bottles that I find all the time where I live, and am capable of making different things/props/ect, but I don't want to go through all that trouble if the market for it is lacking or the ratio for honest buyers/abusers/scammers is too high.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Even if I strayed away from the Korra story, I still can't think of a better climax. Like I said, their stories do tie in more, it's just about what the ending is.

And I have no idea what Etsys deal is. I just know they sell really nice things.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Well I was just throwing that idea/suggestion out there.

Also, I don't know about Etsy, but I did look through Ebay. It's safer buying then selling. Even if it's still possible there might be a scam seller, the buyer always gets a refund and then some.

The seller gets screwed a lot from the stories I've heard and found upon research. Such as people getting the items and stating that they've never gotten them. Ebay guarantees 100% buyer protection, so they make the seller lose whatever the item was worth and they get it for free. Plus they have to reimburse them for shipping and other odd fees, but they get to keep the item.

In most cases, (elsewhere) the buyer/customer has to retrun the item to get that kind of refund, because we all know there are scammers out there. Not at Ebay.

And there were times that it was blatantly obvious what a certain buyer (scammer) account was up to, but Ebay allowed it, and punished honest sellers. Something to do with how Ebay and Paypal are connected, which makes refunds and scams much more easier.

Which is why a lot of people don't like paypal from what I've heard and always wanted to sell other ways and deny paypal entries. Ebay used to allow that, but then they made it a requirement that paypal can be used in all cases. So even if someone stated in their ad cash only, the option for paypal is still there.

Then they went and changed Ebay policies earlier last year or something, where it makes it even easier for scammers to expose honest sellers. Needless to say, a lot of seller accounts abandoned ship.

So maybe Etsy is better then that, but I'd rather not risk it.

Like for example, there are tons of scam buyers on Ebay and there are probably not so good sellers as well. Sellers can have negative feedback on their account (much like Amazon and the such) However buyers can only have positive feedback. There is no option to add negative feedback and if someone does, it is removed and their account is banned/terminated.

It's kind of sad really, cause there's no way to research/know who is an honest buyer ect, and it looks like Ebay promotes this kind of bad behavior with their new policies. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the top is shady and lining their pockets somehow because of this.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:08 pm

I would look into Etsy because I haven't heard any problems with it. I mean, I'd say its at least worth looking into maybe...the website looks a lot nicer and safer than ebay anyway :p

i'll have pics up probably tomorrow. i met Perry the Platypus yesterday and it was awesome.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Was it someone in a costume or did they actually have a platypus mascot?

I guess I'll check into it, will see the pros and cons. Ebay just flat out sucks for sellers though. Don't even touch that with a ten foot pole.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:30 pm

I don't know how to answer that other than it was Perry the Platypus....I mean, there wasn't a legit platypus there if that's what you're asking.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:57 pm

I don't know, I just meant a real animal as a mascot. Some places do that. After all, near the mall where I live (even though it's still not very close) has a place where they sell flying lemurs. So stranger things have happened.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:34 pm

Yea no the only animals they have are in a ranch section of the park. And the cats and ducks that roam around....and the horses....that's about it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:44 pm

They have a ranch section, but no cattle?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:19 pm

There's one cow named Clarabelle
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Wait a few years, and she'll be on the menu. :p
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:38 pm

well i wont be there so it doesn't really matter to me. i do have a video of her mooing a lot. it was kind of funny.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:23 am

I have plenty of cows where I live, so I normally hear that all night.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:51 pm

So how is your job treating you so far? I know from what I've read here, and that one tumblr blog you sent me, that it seems you feel it's kind of a mixed bag. Hopefully some aspects of it have smoothed out at least.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 37  Next