Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randomness Core

2 posters

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down

Randomness Core - Page 3 Empty Re: Randomness Core

Post  Lee Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BNzfBDQPjU

Doesn't have anything to do with our current conversation, but I hated this song. I mean it's great, but I hated getting it. It was basically the victory theme music for completing a job, when it was bittersweet or not sweet at all.

There was only one outcome, so it wasn't like you could have the good ending and partially ok ending. For example in PSO your character (you create) is sort of like an organization/guild that takes jobs to help out the military and whatnot.

For example there's this robot that has to be tested for performance, which includes everything from combat to social skills. It's all about getting the prototype ready, but when it overhears the plans to erase most of its memory banks, it doesn't want to lose them. In the end, after a bunch of crap goes on, it's forced to have its memory wiped.

Another one was when the Ragol planet (where the ship was going to board the refugees to start a new life) has an explosion at the beginning of the game. Suddenly a distress beacon is sent to a penpal on the ship. Happy that their friend on the planet is still alive, you realize that it was just a corrupted computer file, which the person mistook for a real person.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:08 am

I guess I'd have to play the game to know what you are talking about. I don't see anything wrong with the theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoLwFCwuJtQ&feature=fvwrel I was thinking about this song when I woke up this morning and I was going to share it XD. I'm pretty sure I've posted this song before here :p

also, i just love how the conversation on this video has turned into a feminism argument when that isn't even the entire point of this scene.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:28 am

There is nothing wrong with the theme, it's very nice. You just always got it at the ending of a bittersweet or bad ending. And I don't mean there is a good ending. It just happened when something sad happened.

Like a robot servant was worried about their master who was a soldier (rescuing people or searching in Ragol's hostile caverns) You eventually get up to them and his partner to find out they're both dead. The robot servant's objective is to serve the man, but he's dead, so it doesn't know what to do now.

It's not as impacting when someone just summarizes it crappily.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:37 am

oh i see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luef1H24hU8&feature=related 1920s at its finest (fair warning though the entire video has to load before playing it, there's a glitch in the video)

I really need to buy this movie. It's a disgrace that I don't own it considering I loved it as a kid.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:41 am

I thought you said you hated the movie?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:58 am

^ OMG NO! I LOVE Chicago. It is by far one of my favorite movies. Can't say it's in the top ten or whatever since that always changes but I love this movie. When it came out, I watched it non-stop. And I have the soundtrack that I would play over and over again. It's the movie that essentially brought back the string of movie musicals we've been having.

It is, in short, amazing. One of the reasons 1920s is my favorite time period :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:00 am

I could had sworn you said you hated it. I think it was in the "Movie quote" game we had going on.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:06 am

that is blasphemy.

ill have to check cause now i want to know what movie i was talking about. or what i said. i mean, ive never hated Chicago.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:10 am

lol you go and do that. We have like two threads full of quotes :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:16 am

I know, I stopped looking.

The only one I saw that I said I hated was Gone with the Wind. So maybe that was it?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:17 am

No, it had Chicago in it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:18 am

damn it Lee, now I have to go back and look for it still @_@.

i know it wasn't Chicago though or I must have not said it correctly. there is no way I hated Chicago.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:46 am

Okay, that's it I give up. I've got more important things to do in life.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:49 am

Woah you were actually looking for it?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:52 pm

^ Yeah, what did you think I was doing for those twenty some odd minutes lol? XD

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Not searching for a stupid quote? :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:06 pm

lol what can i say, i needed to know :p

might continue the search later. though so far the only thing ive found was me saying how you guys didnt know what Chicago was and that it won an Oscar. And then you said something like you don't watch romances and I said it was a romance, it was a satire of the justice system. And then the conversation ended XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:58 pm

I remember it being called Chicago though. And you said you died inside when you watched it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:24 pm

i have no idea what it is then.

honestly, i cant imagine those words coming out of my mouth in reference to Chicago.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:19 pm

When did Chicago come out?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:37 pm

2002 i think. before i was on the forums if that's what you're trying to get out. i think i was in 8th grade.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Oh ok, yeah that was the one I think.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:04 pm

^ I never said anything bad about Chicago, I swear.

Honestly, the only thing that I can think of where I might say something bad is when I was older and understood what they were actually singing about, it was kind of hard to get through. Mostly out of embarrassment because when I was young, I didn't understand what they were singing about. And I sang this soundtrack all over the place. So then, knowing what it was really about...well....yeah it was kind of hard to get through. But I still love the movie.

also, i just read the ending of Thundercats season 1 cause...you know it'll be a long time before i watch the rest of it since i wasn't thrilled by the halfway point. And, all i can say is 'wtf'. Like, seriously, wtf. What did I just read?

i swear, these people that are writing the romances for these kids shows ....it's just....wtf.

and im leaving for the night. ill post in the heroes thread tomorrow (morning hopefully). and ive got a question and ill leave that for you in the comment section.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:09 am

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0899504477/ref=olp_product_details/189-8556077-8476819?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

After years of seeing this out of print book priced at $300 and higher, I found one for $40. It's been out of print since the late 90s, and I'm glad I finally have it.

I started reenacting around 2005, portraying a company from this unit. Over the years, I'd find small sentences online, maybe a paragraph in an odd book, and once an entire page. It was so impossible to find any bit of information.

Any that I did find, I had to painstakingly find. It was ridiculous and now I finally have an in depth chronicle from the start of the war to the finish.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:13 am

^ Well, that's good you found the book :)

by the way, im going away on vacation again tomorrow but ill have internet. just so you know.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next