Randomness Core

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Randomness Core

Post  Lee on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Didn't you play the other games? And I always said I wanted the next game to have some Golden Sun characters. As playable characters or at the very least, have a stage dedicated to a landmark in the game.
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18340

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:26 pm

No. Remember? I said my mom didn't allow us to get the first Super Smash Bros so I never played the game. Or any of the ones that came after it.

Come on Lee, we had this whole discussion that then lead into my also being deprived of Twilight Princess because it was 'too dark'

Get your head in the game :P 

Actually, after looking it up, I think it was Melee we couldn't get. Not the first one cause the first one was N64 and we didn't have one of those....or maybe it was Brawl.....

It was one of them.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16969

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:32 pm

It was probably Melee, they rated it teen for some odd reason. There's no blood, suggestive themes, or mild language. The only explanation I was given, was because they had this character who was equivalent to a demon/Satan. However, the NA release took said character out, so I don't understand why they kept the rating then.

I must've had this discussion with someone else then.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Those assholes. They're the reason for my torment :p

I don't think she was going by the rating system though because I don't think I ever told her what it was rated. I think she just thought it was too dark for us to be playing a game where the only objective is to beat the crap out of each other. Like, I honestly don't know what the hell her reaction's going to be when I start playing Walking Dead Instinct Survival game XD

I know she said no to Zelda because the trailer looked too dark.

Oh and I didn't see the other part of your post but yeah I've never even heard of Golden Suns. Then again, there's a lot of things I've never heard of in terms of video games....
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Golden Sun is awesome, you should look it up at least. It's a game where the main characters can use their mind to perform all sorts of tasks. They all are adepts, Garret is fire whereas Issac is earth. In a way, it's like bending.

Also you're an adult now. Your mom can't tell you not to play this game or watch this movie.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:33 pm

Oh, I never said she can tell me what to do. But I'm pretty sure she'll make some stupid comment about how video games like the one I'll be playing lead to violence in our society.

Yeah.

Which is weird because she thinks the rating system of movies is stupid and was always pretty okay with what we watched. My sister was watching rated R movies when she was like 7. I swear, it's like you'd think I was raised by two different moms.

I did look up Golden Sun as soon as you mentioned it the second time to see what it was lol. It looks pretty cool. But honestly, once I'm done with Skyward Sword, I want to get the most out of my PS3. Also, I need to start using it to make a case as to why I should be allowed to take it with me to Disney :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:42 pm

You should buy The Last of Us. I don't even know what the game is about, but it looks cool :P
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:58 pm

I KNOW I SAW THE TRAILER!

I kind of want to get assassin's creed next though. i mean after walking dead.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:00 pm

I'm also looking forward to Fallout 4.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-m794KWi3m0M/UUePz-ojbkI/AAAAAAAAAMI/aHXI1_Uqaes/s1262-fcrop64=1,00b41e72c086cafe/fallout-wp9-1680x1050.jpg
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:03 pm

was that the one where people were like 'finally we're getting another one' or am i thinking of a different game.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:07 pm

I don't know...I feel like people had that mentality for every game's sequel lol. It's not coming out soon, nothing was released in E3, but it's confirmed/in the making.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:12 pm

yea that's true. and yeah, KH3 is in development and it's definitely not coming out this year. that much i know.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:08 pm

Okay, so I thought I'd share this cause I thought it was pretty damn hilarious.

So the other night I had this dream where I was playing a Zelda game for the Nintendo DS and it was basically where as I was playing it, I was also doing it. Like, as I moved Link through the dungeon on the Nintendo DS, I always moved through the dungeon.

Then I get to this weird area that starts to look like a hallway or some sort of house. I get to this room with a mirror in it. And there is a hole in the floor that has a ladder. There's a glowing orange light down below. My first thought is 'yes finally a save point!'

I look in the mirror and this ghost woman comes up from behind me and puts her arm around my neck. And I just say to her "What does this have to do with Zelda?"

And she says "Nothing."

So then I grab her and turn her around so she's facing me and I shake her while yelling "BITCH I'VE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME FOR OVER 6 HOURS THAT GLOWING LIGHT DOWN THERE BETTER BE A MOTHER F*CKING BIRD STATUE!"

and then I woke up laughing. so glad I had my priorities right in that nightmare.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:22 pm

That's interesting...
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Well, I thought it was funny. :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:35 pm

I'm going to buy you a thesaurus for Christmas, this year. :P
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:43 pm

Listen Lee, there are plenty of other, more usual things you can get me for Christmas this year aside from something that is available online and for free legally.

I recommend finding a way to get me some common sense. I'm running low.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:45 pm

I hear sticking your finger in a blender cures common sense :P
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Ha. Ha. Ha.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:07 am

Just so you know, next week I will be away at the 150th Gettysburg. I'll take pictures and post them here or something maybe. I won't be leaving until Thursday morning-ish like at 5am or something. As long as the weather is promising, this one should be a big event.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Okay, cool.

Wish I was going :/
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:08 pm

This one will be cool, because we're doing a lot of different battles. Most events have two or one (depending how long they are) for each day.

Here we're having a battle back to back, to try to recreate all the different fights that were currently happening at the same time. Basically we're going to be on the field for quite some time and burning a lot of powder.

Going to be tiring probably, but hopefully everything goes well so that it is fun.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:43 pm

I beat Skyward Swords today....
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:33 pm

That's cool, but judging by your 'detailed post' I'm guessing it wasn't all that you expected it to be. I really didn't care for the ending either. At least not the end of the boss battle. Demise is supposed to be Ganon/Ganondorf.

Anyways you beat him and what does he do? He laughs and points. No let's not have the player have the satisfaction of kicking the last bosses ass, let him laugh and mock him until he fades into oblivion. What were they thinking?

He should had been on his knees, dying, or at least beaten and weary, but no just point your finger and laugh like your butt wasn't just wiped across the floor. They could had definitely made that more mind-blowing/breathtaking or whatever. Here it was just like he's like "lol I'm leaving now kthxbai noob."

For all the work to get there, it was like a jab in the eye. We're supposed to be playing the hero of the game, not a laughing stock.

Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Actually, I left it blank because I was waiting for you to come back :p

I mean, my overall opinion of the game was it was okay. I wasn't as bothered by the story as I thought I was going to be. And I don't think it was necessarily less emotional than Twilight Princess which is what I was hearing (my friend had said the same thing before I started playing). I think they're just two different kinds of stories and have the emotional moments in different places. If that makes sense without going into further detail. I did, however, have issues with the following:

the fact that Skyloft is so colorful but then the world below is also really colorful. Most of the time, the environment does get darker when Link is undergoing something really perilous or there is some sort of emotional moment. but at the very beginning, the forest is kind of....really bright and it's actually too bright I think. it doesn't signify that Link is stepping into a strange and unfamiliar world enough. I kept comparing this game as I was playing it to Kingdom Hearts because the tones of both games are really similar. And even Kingdom Hearts has that moment where when the hero is forced into a strange and unusual world, the environment gets darker to signify this. and it stays dark for a decent amount of time for you to notice the change and to show that this kid is going on a tough journey. yes, later in the game it gets brighter but it bothered me that the forest was really bright considering the dark things that were happening.

i really hated the villain. okay, i thought the kind of twist at the end was really cool where you realize that he's Demise's sword like what Fi is. but holy crap this villain in my opinion was more annoying than anything else. whenever he came on screen, i was like 'oh god i have to hear another long monologue can you please stfu for once'. and again, comparing it to KH yes both stories are more light hearted and corny at times but what separates KH from Skyward Sword is the villains are perceived as legitimate threats. I never once saw this dude as a legit threat. like i said, he was just flat out annoying. and i think that was what probably brought down the story the most for me.

gameplay which considering my spastic nature I knew was going to be a problem for myself. I mean, I didn't figure out how to dive forward until like the second to last temple. But the things I did have issue with that I don't think has anything to do with my spastic tendencies was the shield b.s. Like, holy **** I get that they're trying to make it challenging by having the player have to strategize when to use the shield but honest to god, it just made me never use it. I only used the shield at the end of the game because you kind of have to. Oh yeah and the fact that the Hylian Shield or however you spell it doesn't even come in until the end of the damn game. wth was up with that. I tried maybe once to try and get it because i figured i'd use it for the last boss but then was just like 'lol nope'

the boss battle was way too easy. like...and i think this partially tied into what you're saying....for a dude that's supposed to be the biggest badass, he only had two parts of the battle. the hell is up with that? and the first part was a joke.

at first, i thought it was just a nuisance but at the end i found this part to be extremely unhelpful and stupid: the fact that Fi gives you the advice that your shield and hearts are low. like no **** sherlock. again, at first i didn't care, but when i was undergoing the final fights and Fi kept going off, I kept thinking she was trying to help me (cause i did find some parts of the battle to be hard to figure out in terms of what the hell i was supposed to do) but then because i called her, Link puts his shield and sword away only to have Fi tell me my shield's strength is down. and then she would keep signaling me throughout the entire battle and it was so annoying and distracting.

The main thing that I did really like about this game in terms of story was Groose. I mean, talk about taking a stereotype and totally turning it around. His character development was pretty awesome I got to say. And I do like the fact that Impa calls out on Link not being a hero and how he was late and couldn't protect Zelda. That was a really good moment I thought. I basically thought a lot of the side characters and townsfolk were really strong in terms of personality and development and I didn't get that impression always with the Twilight Princess characters. And I thought the side quests were really fun even though I didn't do all of them.

But I did make sure to have the toilet ghost haunt Groose's goon :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: