Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Currently Thinking

3 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

What Are You Currently Thinking - Page 14 Empty Re: What Are You Currently Thinking

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:01 pm

I just think it would be better if we had multiple people seeming suspicious rather than pinning it all on Aero and then eventually Ryuzaki. I mean, if Rosso really did betray the Fire Nation or whatever her crime is to get the FN in a tizzy, she's got to appear suspicious at some point. Or something...I mean, she can't seem like a total innocent either.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

What Are You Currently Thinking - Page 14 Empty Re: What Are You Currently Thinking

Post  Lee Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Right, I understand. But would you make it clear that she's suspicious because of the Fire Nation or just that it seems there's a bounty on her head for a very serious unmentioned matter? Because if I add information that the Fire Nation want her, then it would make where she stands more clear. Like a Robin Hood of the plot, at least I think so.

Here's what I'm going to do. Chapter 1 and 2 are pretty good as are, because not enough crucial points are introduced. Further on is when it becomes more heavily plot based (not saying the first two chapters don't have their moments, because they do) I'll post them when they're completed or partially done.

That way you can proof/read them and therefore tell me if some things work, some things seem a bit too obvious and so on. I think this is sort of a two person project now. At least until I get past the tournament arc section.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Just that there's a bounty on her head for a reason unknown. If you throw the Fire Nation in there, Ryuzaki comes out looking more like a bad guy. As well as Rosso looking more like a good guy. I'm saying, if you have the scene with Abarai and Ryuzaki in it, make it seem as though Ryuzaki and Abarai are bounty hunting partners.

If you choose to go the mentioning of the Fire Nation route, then Ryuzaki would have to explain, somehow, why he would bounty hunt a 'good' guy sort of thing. Like, he would basically have to be the typical anti-hero. the guy that doesn't really care about sides so long as he gets his money in the end. but I would say if you do that, perhaps have another character like Areo take an interest in Rosso so it's not just Ryuzaki that might be going after her.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:20 pm

If I'm not wrong, I think Areo was interested in Rosso during the threads as well.

But yeah bounty hunters could work I guess. I'll have a bit more time to think about it on accoutn that chapter three is more about settling into the barracks. I'll just add more Ryuzaki and Ai bits, without all the unnecessary drama and so forth.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Areo was interested in everyone :p

The only 'drama-y' thing that really happens in the next chapter is their talk about trust. But that could probably be moved for a later time. Everything else from my memory is pretty much Ai blabbling about herself and then asking for Ryuzaki to share. Which isn't really that hard to make it less forced. You could easily have it where Ryuzaki asks a question, Ai says more than necessary and then she asks about him and he's all like 'oh, im not telling :p' and then she could say something like 'that's not fair.' i don't know
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:29 pm

Or I could have it where he asks a flirty question, where she explains a lot, and then in return asks him, but he gives one words answers which aggravates her.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:30 pm

^ Yeah, that's basically what I had meant. Where he asks it in a flirty way :p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:34 pm

So if I have Ryuzaki go the bounty hunter route, should I make it distinctly clear that it's him during Abarai and his rendezvous? And I mean right when it happens, not like later.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Umm...hmmm....im not sure.

I would try known first. This way, it puts suspicion on him but then you take it away by having him explain as being a bounty hunter.

Or you could not do it and then suspicion is only placed on him when Ai finds the poster. It depends on what you want to do.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Damn I don't know what approach works better, if I go this route. lol too many choices.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:43 pm

I know lol XD

I think any approach can work equally well. It depends on how you execute it. Me personally, I'd probably take the route that will cause the least amount of potential plot holes.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:49 pm

I might make a few rough draft ideas for all the ideas and then we'll kill the ones that seem stupid lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:54 pm

okay lol XD works for me :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:51 pm

It's getting late so I'll make the RP posts tomorrow morning or after work. Anyway before I went to bed, I wanted to hear you're opinion about a matter with our FF. Most of the names we have for our characters seem believable for the RP and the world of Avatar, except for Seth. It's just too far out there, because it's not an Asian influenced name like the others.

Should we think of another name in replace of his? It wouldn't take long to replace it, on account that he's only in like six or so chapters. I was planning to resubmit our best versions onto FF.net and over on the JoK forum, but wanted your opinion on this before.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:58 pm

Well, first of all, I think Ryuzaki should get his 'z' back :p I mean, not only does yahoo correct me back to Ryuzaki when I put in 'Ryusaki' but his name also coincidentally means 'dragon cape'.

In terms of Seth...ummm...I mean since he isn't important I'd say it doesn't matter. But, at the same time, I get what you mean. I'm just trying to think of a good alternative. his name means appointed. or i would do something that is in line with 'poor'. but that's just me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:03 am

But he also dies, so we could use that in his name somehow. I doubt the member was thinking of a double meaning with their character's name, when they introduced him as Seth. A lot of people just throw in random English names and so on, while RPing.

Htes? lol I'm kidding.

As for Ryuzaki...it's just I don't know. It's such a rip from Death Note. And when anyone reads this damn FF, they're immediately going to think of Death Note and not take it seriously.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:18 am

In all honesty Lee, changing one letter isn't going to change the fact that it's clearly from Death Note. People are going to read it and see it because you're replacing it with a letter that in english seems to make sense. But, and I could be totally wrong here, I don't think that's how it would be written in Japanese at all...like...it looks weird. But I don't speak Japanese so I could be wrong.

If anything, I would add another 'u' in there. That might throw people off a bit more.

Ryuuzaki
Ryuzaki
Ryusaki

I don't know about you, but the double 'u' throws me off a bit in finding the similarity between the names as opposed to the 's' which looks like a dead giveaway. And Ryuuzaki is a correct way in writing it so you're killing two birds with one stone essentially.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:03 am

Alright I might try that. Yeah I know Ryuzaki has been used for the majority of the RP and for some years, but you can't deny the fact that it's a blatant rip. We've gotten used to it and looked passed the rip, for the sake of enjoying the RP, but people coming to read the FF wherever I upload it will roll their eyes.

When chapter 3 is finished, I'll have his name change in their. You can comment if you can feel a difference or not.

Or we could try Ryusake :P Which doesn't sound/look too bad lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:47 am

So is Ai though. And Karin. anyone reading Naruto or who have seen Hell Girl could easily spot that.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:28 pm

But the thing with Karin is it's a common name, both in English and Japanese/Asian. However I think it's pronounced Kah-rien whereas in English it's Care-in.

Ai is also a commonly used name, but Ryuzaki is just one person. And it was Bright's obsession at the time. So yeah we're changing his name, once we come up with a solid solution.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:00 pm

I don't follow. Ryuzaki is a name used for other characters other than the L Ryuzaki. Granted, there's not as many as say Ai or Karin but it's not like Ryuzaki isn't a name that's only been used in Death Note. It'd also be one thing if Ryuzaki acts like L. And, though he was meant to, when it actually came down to playing the role and developing the character, Ryuzaki isn't like L at all. There are only a few times where I would say Ryuzaki did something like that 'L' like even when Bright was Ryuzaki. Otherwise, they are two different people. So I don't see why they can't share a name.

I mean, that's sort of like saying the author of FMA should have changed Edward's name upon Twilight becoming a phenomena or vice versa. Two popular characters can have the same name and be popular at roughly the same time. So long as they're different enough.

I'm not saying to not change the spelling in some way but to change the name completely just seems dumb. That's why I suggested Ryuuzaki.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Right, I wasn't going to change it from Ryuzaki to Bob or something like that. I was asking about rewording the name.

Ryuuzaki sounds good.

How about Ryusuke :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Ryusuke is too different I think. I'm trying to think of a re-writing that keeps his meaning and essence of the name as well as being different enough from Ryuzaki.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:22 pm

What about Ryuusaki? Instead of Ryuuzaki.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:33 pm

You'd be calling him dragon blossom then :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum