Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Currently Thinking

3 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

What Are You Currently Thinking - Page 8 Empty Re: What Are You Currently Thinking

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:30 pm

they offer something special if you know how to use them.

and, i meant my pictures weren't that good and i have the digital camera.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

What Are You Currently Thinking - Page 8 Empty Re: What Are You Currently Thinking

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:32 pm

They don't really offer much, except for the sake of knowing how to use them. Digital cameras can do all of it, without as much steps in between.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:33 pm

there's still some photographers that use them. at least, professional photographers. ive seen videos of them.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:37 pm

Yeah but they probably use them just for that artistic and or traditional feel. Like the only people you'll see using the really old cameras from the 1800s are those who do it for recreational purposes.

There are a few who make alright money I suppose, doing it at reenactments and Gettysburg.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:45 pm

from my understanding, photography is one of those hit and miss occupations. you can get a lot of money or you can get not so great money. it depends on the job.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Right, I was just thinking of a time where older tech is in demand. Like at Gettysburg where you can get your own pictures. If you ever consider getting one of them anywhere, no that cheesey Old Tymes Photo thing, but the real deal, never touch the film/picture unprotected.

It has dangerous chemicals on it, like arsenic I think.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:05 pm

^ oh yeah i know. i dont think id be able to sit still for it though.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:06 pm

It's not that long. They don't have you hold still for minutes or even a minute.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:15 pm

didnt you have to stand still for a very long time though?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:25 pm

If you feel that 30 seconds or so is too much I guess? I honestly forget how long it was, but it wasn't any longer then a minute. It was probably half a minute or less.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:30 pm

it used to be minutes from my understanding back in the day. like...at least 5 which is why no one really smiles in the pictures.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:31 pm

It depends on which process you do, but during the Civil War period, it didn't take that long.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:36 pm

im talking about the older ones then.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Haven't heard much from you in a few days, was just checking up and seeing how you were doing/holding up.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:44 pm

oh well im always busy wednesday through friday cause that's when I have my classes. and it was my sister's birthday. i kept checking on the site but i didnt see any new posts so i thought you were busy.

anyway, they're saying they're going to replace everything pretty much. i want to see if they'll replace my books and dvds in the basement. my dvd cases are pretty much destroyed. and since they'd in theory have to pay for the VHSs as well, i figured im just going to start my collection over and do it the right way so i have all the Disney movies I want. Same with the art books. ive been thinking about it and yeah, i could probably save some of them if i really tried but why the hell would i want to do that and have my collection look half assed when amazon's having a huge art book sale now? it just doesn't make sense. in fact, it's kind of stupid. i took care of my things so why should i have to deal with half assed stuff?

the wii is completely destroyed, i dont think i can salvage the data from it by the way.

so yeah...i think im just going to re-buy my DVD/book collections and make them look nice and even better than they were. and i think the only things im going to try to save are the irreplaceable stuff like photos, old vintage comic books, my dolls, and other nostalgic/collectible toys ive saved over the years.

and i went to the Disney Store yesterday and talked with the people about the Disney Designer Dolls.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Well actually I commented about the RP, asking if you wanted to get it started (earlier last week)

I think it might had been Wednesday. I asked if you wanted to do it so you had something to take your mind off of all the crappy stress that's probably piling up, but I didn't hear from you so I thought you were busy or something more was wrong.

Sounds great about them replacing your stuff. And like you said the stuff that you should hold onto are the things that are rare or sentimental in some way. Like people always tell me to get rid of my old truck, even though it is still running fine. It's about 22 years old and it's been passed down through the generations.

The body, interior, and most of it is still in good condition for its age.

Either way it's good to hear you're doing well! And I don't need your Wii's data. Once you get a new Wii let me know. (Also if your Wii is still in warranty you can ship it to Nintendo free of charge and service I believe)

Anyway once you get a repaired or new Wii let me know. You need to buy a memory card for the Wii as well and send me a list of your games that you lost data for (and your progress/where you were)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:51 pm

oh, i see that post now lol. this is why i said the side bar with the new posts is helpful because my computer never said there was a new post XD.

anyway, yeah, this week wasn't good simply because it was my sister's birthday. i didn't realize last week that her birthday was this week. i thought it was this coming week. so yeah....my bad. i should be okay for next week since next week im supposed to get into the apartment we're getting. so that should free up some time. also by monday ill know what they're actually going to replace and what they want to try and clean/restore.

and yes, i agree about the sentimental things. which is why im thinking wth with trying to restore the books and dvds. i have no sentimental attachment to them, id rather just have a nice new collection rather than keeping one that looks like crap. the only ones I will try to restore are the DVDs of my projects and the antique books I bought. otherwise, just get new. really, i think it'll just save a lot of agony that way. i just wish the insurance company would hurry up so i can save money and get the movies/books before they go into the Disney vault/go out of print.

Disney is such a hard obsession/collection to have I tell you. it's a pain in the ass with their vaults/out of print/collectibles.

oh I see about the Wii. i'll have to ask everyone what their data was because i have no idea. i just know I beat Epic Mickey all the way through once.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Well good luck with your replacements, keep your fingers crossed! Let me know what they replace once they notify you. And I'll still help with the Wii, just let me know if it'll be replaced or if you're going to get a new one.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:02 pm

i will. i should know by monday what the deal is.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Cana Alberona Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:09 pm

Sorry for not being on in so long haha, and Chuffed my mock assignment came in as 2.3 with a 2.2 potential.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Non-Bender

Female Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Sounds like you're doing well. I was actually going to log in to say the same (that I'm super busy with school work) Got another exam coming up Tuesday, which I need to dedicate all my time to now on account that it's not one of my stronger subjects.

Hope the rest of you are doing well!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:57 pm

I'm currently thinking about Doctor Who.

Words cannot describe how Doctor Who has consumed my life.

Seriously, I've never had so many dreams about a topic in a row like I have with Doctor Who. But I think that's because I've been watching them before I go to sleep.

As far as school work goes, I'm doing fairly decently in terms of how much stuff I have to do.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:55 am

I think it has more to do with you doing something before you go to bed, happens to me sometimes like that. Also it seems to happen with you a lot at night when you obsess over something during that particular hour.

Like when you read threads/chapters/pieces about the RP before hitting the hay you have some crazy dreams.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cana Alberona Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:00 am

I remember dreaming about FFX when I was hooked, but newer ones even though I play them as much just don't have the same impact. I think you need to have a specific type of interaction as well recently before sleep.

I can't really articulate my point , but If your enjoying something it doesn't mean you get those dreams but if you thinking about it constantly and theorising , and predicting about I find your more likely to dream or wake up ready for it.
Cana Alberona
Cana Alberona
Non-Bender

Female Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:03 am

It doesn't necessarily have to be something that you're obsessing over positively. I know I had a dream before about taking a test or something school related. I can think of a hundred things I'd rather be doing, especially during a dream.

Another time, I had a dream about raking leaves forever. Because I have such a huge yard, raking leaves literally does take a long time. I spent an entire day raking before from sunrise to set. It sucked and to torture myself even in my sleep, I dreamed about it...

Same thing can happen when shoveling snow because my driveway is huge.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum