Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Currently Thinking

3 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

What Are You Currently Thinking - Page 15 Empty Re: What Are You Currently Thinking

Post  Lee Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:35 pm

So Zaki means cape? Hm...

Ryuusake.

Now he's dragon alcohol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

What Are You Currently Thinking - Page 15 Empty Re: What Are You Currently Thinking

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Well, I think it's like

ryuzaki means caped dragon

Ryusaki would mean blossoming dragon

and then ryuusake would mean alcohol dragon.

assuming im looking at things correctly.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:38 pm

I'll try Ryuusake/zaki/saki or whatever. That wasn't so much of a concern of mine as Seth's name.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:12 pm

its a concern for me :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:19 pm

We'll try using Ryuuzaki/Ryuuzake for the next chapter and see if it makes a difference. For Seth should we make his name somehow connect to his demise?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:26 pm

no, i would have it connected to his character.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:39 pm

But there was no character when the member made him. There's not much of a character in the FF either, because he dies too quickly for me to develop him correctly or make it worthwhile.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm saying to go something with poor, hungry, etc.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:48 pm

I think I already have several characters named for their status. I'll think about it, but will also look into the other possibilities.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:12 pm

having one more isn't a bad thing. it's not like people are going to go look it up. i mean, i would but a majority wouldn't :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Quick question, does Rosso sound feminine or even female to you? I think I got a new for Seth, you'll just see it when I upload the chapter (whenever that may be) Cause a quick Google search pulls this up.

What Are You Currently Thinking - Page 15 Porco-Rosso-porco-rosso-29178012-600-467

And it's just like...yeah. I don't know.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Rosso means red. Proco Rosso is also an animated film about a guy that gets turned into a pig.

and there was nothing there when you said you did a google search...am i supposed to do one? do i even want to?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Yeah it's the pig pilot dude, but it should be showing up. I did use the image tags so it would show up in the post, so maybe your computer is blocking external sources or whatever. It's not the only time you've mentioned this.

Yet for some reason I can see all of your overly-used tumblr images.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:14 pm

I can see my tumblr images as well.

Im pretty sure Porco Rosso means Red Pig or something. It's the color of his plane.

my bad, Rosso means Crimson. :p Oh how ironic.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:41 pm

How is this ironic? I just learned where TMEB got the name and character from.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Rosso_the_Crimson
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Because Rosso means Crimson and she's called the Crimson Claw.

And I've never heard of that character. so yeah...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:06 pm

You never realized that? I thought you meant something like it foreshadowing her death, because blood is red or something.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:52 pm

No..like I said, I always thought Rosso meant just red...you know...never made the connection.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:15 pm

I just now realized it was a Final Fantasy reference, to a certain game she used to talk about a lot in the old Avatar Episodes. Just when I thought there was a character that wasn't a complete rip.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:33 pm

I told you everyone ripped a character one way or another. At least, in the beginning.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Right, but TMEB did it with every character.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:09 pm

yeah.....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:54 am

I also just realized that Rosso's bounty flier explained she had cover up names. Most of them that are easily noticeable as the same Final Fantasy game. An exampe, Penelo...

The only reason I'm bringing this up is because I'm wondering if you like the name Rosso? I am indifferent about it, I neither like or hate it, but I wanted to hear your opinion. If I'm trying to fix everything up on the chapters, this time and for the last, I want to make sure I work on everything.

I could easily switch her main coverup, CrimsonClaw, to something else. But I just wanted to hear your say. Like for example a quick search explains that Akai and Aka mean red, and that Tsume means claw.

Or that Crimson actually doesn't have a fully translation, like Tsume, which sort of means talon instead. Shinku has the closest translation, which means scarlet.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_word_%27crimson%27_when_translated_from_English_to_Japanese

And that slayer is ayashi

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Japanese_word_for_slayer

I could change it to mean Crimson/Scarlet Slayer, but use the Japanese words instead. It sounding like she's a slayer of blood, and therefor a cold blooded murdered, but her name has a double meaning as she slayed the Fire Nation soldiers/enemies who wear red/scarlet armor.

Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:17 pm

I don't have a problem with the name Rosso.

Also, I don't think it makes a difference as to whether or not you call her CrimsonClaw as opposed to the translation in Japanese.

I mean, you also have to take into account that using too many japanese words/translations might backfire. this is an american cartoon after all even if it does have asian influences. i mean, that could potentially be like if you were to give the Blue Spirit a japanese name. you know what i mean?

I dont think it matters with CrimsonClaw but I would just be cautious as to how many people and places are getting asian names.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Well I think I'm going to call her something like Crimson Slayer or whatever.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum