Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Currently Thinking

3 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

What Are You Currently Thinking - Page 7 Empty Re: What Are You Currently Thinking

Post  Lee Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:39 pm

What about those newfangled lawn swings? You can't get as much momentum with them, but they still work the same way.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

What Are You Currently Thinking - Page 7 Empty Re: What Are You Currently Thinking

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:41 pm

i dont know what you're talking about so i don't know. i just have to really fix one shot that im not too happy with. the rest is okay.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:42 pm

Really?

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=806&q=lawn+swings&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:48 pm

oh, one of those. i have one.

it wouldn't work with what i was trying to do though. i wanted the audience to get the same feeling as flying that a kid gets when they go on the swing. the only shot i dont like is when the kid jumps off. i need to rework that.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Who's the kid? Do you have a skateboard? Tell them to lay down on it stomach first. Keep their arms and legs extended and have them go down a hill. They'll feel like Superman.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:56 pm

my sister. and i dont have a skateboard. and that wouldn't really be a process video.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:57 pm

I know, I was kidding. One of my friend's brothers told them to do that when he was younger. He didn't feel like Superman that day.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:09 pm

oh. awww poor kid XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Yeah I thought about the swinging lawn chairs at first, when you said what you were doing. But if you're trying to capture momentum and the jump, you would need a swing. Though if you're camera can't capture it, there's not much you can do. Some camera's just can't do that because of their quality.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:28 pm

it wasn't the quality, it was just jarring when editing. and i didnt like one of my shots. but i re-filmed that shot today. so im good now.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:30 pm

Oh nice, good to hear! I just know that I have a digital camera, which is probably crappier then some of the disposable ones today.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:42 pm

my camera is good. believe me, i bought it for classes so i wouldn't have to rent the equipment because you can only rent it for a day ;)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:44 pm

I wish I had a nice camera. All of the reenactment pictures I take suck, but if I had a good one, they would look badass.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:49 pm

oh i dont have a nice still-photo camera. i mean, it's a point and shoot: not one of those fancy ones. im retarded with those.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Anything would be better then the one I have.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:59 pm

lol awww.

didn't you have one that used a dark room that you were trying to sell before?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Yeah, but it's not digital. It's a traditional camera. I would need to buy the film, then process the film, then process larger sheets.

It's just a dying art. (Traditional) If it's not already dead. It's a shame that all you have to do now is press a button and even a baby can do that. You just need the right tech and money.

I know a lot of people who majored in photography and now they can't get jobs because the competition is opened to anyone.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:09 pm

hey photography isn't that easy even with digital technology. a lot of it is also talent. it's the same thing with filmmaking: anyone can make movies nowadays.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Right but film has difficulty to. Have you ever tried to capture the same picture using a traditional camera as a digital? Total pain in the ass.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:22 pm

oh im not saying it isn't difficult. im just saying even though the phrase 'anyone can make movies' or 'anyone can do photography' implies anyone can do it, it's not really true. you can have the tech and the money but if you don't have the talent and don't know how to use the tools, you can't really do anything with it.

that's all i meant. so there's still hope in that respect. film and photography does take talent to a certain degree.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:27 pm

You can still press buttons and most times the pictures will come out pretty/great. Whereas if you tried that with a traditional camera, you would get unexposed/overexposed film.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:55 pm

not necessarily true. if photography is anything like film, you have to take into consideration where you decided to place the camera, what sort of emotions you were trying to convey, etc. just because the picture ends up being great quality doesn't mean it's a work of art.

and, like i said, not everyone knows how to use high tech photo cameras so if you don't know what you're doing, it's not going to come out right no matter how high tech it is.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:59 pm

Well these are the best pictures I could manage with my black and white traditional camera.

They aren't the greatest, but it was really difficult to get good pictures. You couldn't see your pictures ahead of time. So it was all just wait and hope when you process everything that it turns out alright.

What Are You Currently Thinking - Page 7 Apple_in_the_pond_by_freedombrigade-d1ucvpx

What Are You Currently Thinking - Page 7 The_pond_by_freedombrigade-d1ucuzs
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:16 pm

^ that's like how my pictures come out with my digital camera XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:19 pm

See it's pointless to even bother with the old traditional cameras anymore. If they offered something special maybe.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum