Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early suggestions

2 posters

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

Early suggestions - Page 9 Empty Re: Early suggestions

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:24 pm

you dont have to follow my opinion. you can do whatever you want. im just trying to think of a color scheme that kind of matches....but if it's easier for you to look at it all then okay.

i personally like the light blue. maybe there's another lighter color to compliment the light blue that i havent seen.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:46 pm

I tried the light blues, but they either blended too much together where you couldn't see the borders or it was too bright on the eyes.

Edit: Went back to black after testing some very crappy combination. You can't even tell it's black really, it almost just looks like a darker blue due to all the blue surrounding it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:19 pm

i just wanted to clarify that when i said white, i meant white font not the background....

if that was your decision anyway, then nvm but i just wanted to get that through....and now i feel really stupid x_x
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:20 pm

How's this?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:22 pm

this is better. but i dont want you to feel like you're making it 'girly' or whatever =p im just getting the elephant out of the room XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Now this is a keeper.
Spoiler:
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:26 pm

wtf that's not funny Lee XD seriously?

Early suggestions - Page 9 Siriusly
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:27 pm

What can I say? You asked for it. :P, kidding. Anyway do you like this sky blue better? I came across a discovery while messing with you.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:30 pm

yes i like the sky blue better =p

Early suggestions - Page 9 Dumble-dance

but like i said, im a sucker for sky blue so im probably being biased.

no that does not give you an invitation to mess with me again =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Well I kinda like it to, because it sort of is in the range of colors that I'm probably going to work with for the wallpaper mountain idea.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:34 pm

^ okay then.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:35 pm

Anything else you would like to suggest, about the background and link colors. I'm not too concerned about everything else just yet if you have concerns with those.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:37 pm

no i think im good.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:39 pm

Tweaked it a little more, think this will be it, unless this ruined the layout.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:43 pm

^ okey dokey.

btw, when is the surprise coming XD

see, now that you've mentioned it's a surprise, you're going to get me pestering you for it just like Ai's thread and the next chapter of the RP =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:45 pm

You didn't tell me about the tweak I did though, do you like it more? Less? Is it crap now?

As for the surprise, I haven't started much of it yet. I'm really the only one with power here to rework the forum to make it look better, so my hands can only work on one thing at a time. That being said I haven't touched the chapter either. I have, but haven't went back to it yet.

I might break it down to four chapters, just so I don't have to edit 20 pages each all the way through before submitting it. I'll find a way, I usually do.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:51 pm

i think the tweak is fine. like i said, im a sucker for all light blue shades so...yeah.

from my memory, this one is a tad bit better.

and okay about everything else. when you're more free, do you want me to start the Ai thread since you're having trouble thinking of something to say? i have things to say but they're not really analysis they're more like me making things clearer because i get the impression that certain things haven't fully come across. that's why i was waiting for you to say something: i wanted to see what you had to say before i addressed anything. i even have a mental list :D. except i think i forgot most of it XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:01 pm

If you want me to start the Ai thread, then write down your thoughts before you forget them. This week looks really busy, but at least I got some good colors we can agree on for the forum. Now I'm going to work on the wallpaper idea and the 'surprise'

I can't keep pushing those ideas, I need to get them started. It might bring us some activity to, who knows.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:13 pm

By get ideas started, you mean the gangster idea? or the surprise? or both? i can start writing down gangster ideas. actually, our previous conversation helped me get some ideas ^_~

though, these are some general questions in terms of the rp:

1. How many characters can a 'player' have? as in, regular rper not mod or admin.

2. how many characters do you want to play and do you have a general idea as to who they are? it's fine if you dont but i want to get a general idea so i know how 'big' to make the mob families. im not going to make them super big if you don't want to be in them =p

3. when i come up with a story, how in-depth should it be? like, can you give me an example on how you plan out RP stuff? what are the differences between planning an RP and a work of fiction that you completely control?

4. Do you have any preference on the decade? im thinking either 20s, 30s, or 40s. but they're very different so i need to know if you have a preference.

if i have other questions, ill ask but that's all i can think of. i just wanted to know since ive never planned an RP before XD.

and ill write the other stuff down.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Damn it, I had a lot typed out. God I hate how if you hit backspace or something, you lose everything you typed out, even if you backtrack.

Shorter version. No, my ideas as in surprise and wallpaper idea, not your ideas. Those are yours and you should come up with them. If you need opinions on anything, I'll happily give them.

1. I'm not the dictator of RolePlays and the Forum here LS. If you got an idea, go with it. Doesn't matter, you create the rules. I only control and maintain the main RP so that it goes accordingly. Anything other then that is free game, just try to keep it below adult material stuff. (Cause that is in violation of the forum rules, theirs not mine.)

So if you want a million characters for each member, go for it. I'm just exaggerating, but you get the point. As for me, if I join up I would probably only make two characters at the most, but probably one to start off. I don't want to control too many main characters because that would be overwhelming. I'd do minor one shots, but that's different.

3. The difference between FF and RP is that there are more then one person creating the story. In FF you have complete control, but not so much in RP even if you are the creator and controller of certain events. There are thousands of ways a event may go depending on how member(s) react and act to certain situations.

You just would have to control, move, or rearrange the story according to how things go. Of course you can also call BS on something a member does, don't feel like you can't do that. You and I have developed a pretty decent RPing way, but there are others who are bad, God Mod, and anything in between.

Like in one forum I frequent they were having a RP fight. One character was doing awesome by the way of description and fighting and how they conjured up innovative ideas. What did his opponent do?

Nothing except type out *Dodged attack* I mean total crap, just kill your character and save humanity the trouble. So you need to know when to step in, but also allow the events to go freely, sorta like a parent I guess in a sense lol.

4. As for time period, if you want it to be less focused on the force you probably want it to be an earlier time period. The later the time period, especially in the 40's is when the force became better trained with better tech. That's when crime started to die out, the suave gangsters that is. Sort of how like when the wild west was tamed and snuffed out, because of technology.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:28 pm

yeah it wouldnt go above adult material. i was thinking like those NR 1940s movies.

im asking about the characters because my idea was to have each of the more 'main' characters has their own 'story' or path. then depending on what they do with each path, they'd end up meeting the other characters to the point where the paths cris-cross. i dont know if that's going to work, im still working on the story but if you only have one character it probably wont work XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:39 pm

I don't know about that crisscrossing idea, because for that to happen, a lot of one short and self RPing would have to happen. We want an RP where we all interact with each other and not have to wait a long time for that to happen, otherwise it probably won't keep our or others attentions for very long.

Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:18 pm

but what if it was like the village thread for this RP only it would have more separate locations instead of it all being in one messy thread? would that work?

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Yeah, but we didn't start off with that thread. We started with the Come One Come All thread, where everyone was acquainted right away. That's what we need or something like that. Not everyone needs to be acquainted right away or any right at the start, but you need to have it where they aren't by themselves for too much of the beginning, otherwise they will/and I to, become bored by RPing by ourselves.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:27 pm

okay. i need to think about this some more.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum