Early suggestions

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Early suggestions

Post  Lee on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Avatar(ERPF) Episodes RP Forum welcomes you!

This is a community, dedicated to the world of Avatar, where we discuss the great series Avatar The Last Airbender, as well as the new and highly anticipated upcoming title Avatar The Legend of Korra.

While our friendly community is dedicated to the discussion and speculation of ATLA and it's future sister series ATLoK, we are not limited to just that. We also have a section for all varieties of miscellaneous discussions, an artist hub, a game section (with actual playable flash games; created by our members), a guest lounge where guests can chat friendly, and several RolePlays.

Tired of all those millions of roleplays that just seem to end before they even start? Doesn't everyone. Well look no further!

One of the largest landmarks of our forum is our RolePlays. There is one in particular that has been going on for several years now and has been the anticipation of many of our members. All are welcomed to join us if they wish to be part of the adventure.

The adventures of Aang and Korra can only go so far. It is up to you to make your own destiny and legends. Travel around the world, meeting new faces, friendly and violent, as you create tales of valor or infamy to be spoken of through history.

So what are you waiting for? Grab ahold of a legend of the life time, adventure is awaiting just beyond the corner!

http://avatarrp.aforumfree.com/

How's this?

It probably wouldn't hurt to throw in our facebook account there to.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AvatarERPF-Episodes-RP-Forum/185501731512006?skip_nax_wizard=true
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18340

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:55 pm

i dont think you need the last two sentences. but otherwise, i think it's good.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16969

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:57 pm

Alright cool. I'll let you be the decider if you want to add the last part in or not. You're choice, if you think it's better not to, then go ahead. Also don't forget to add our link in the post, maybe add the facebook account link in there to.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:07 pm

actually, i just read the rules and it says i cant post a flyer. it has to be the admin T_T. i can only put the link to our site in my banner thing.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Oh so I have to do it then? Or does that mean I can't do it either, only the admin of their site?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:11 pm

you have to own the site. so i would think that means you because you're the admin. it says moderators don't count.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:13 pm

What if I make you admin? I'm lazy...lol kidding. I'm making an account right now. Should I take out the last part?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:31 pm

i was going to.

sorry for the late reply btw.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Hey LS, do you know how to add a link and then replace the name

So it would be like this.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AvatarERPF-Episodes-RP-Forum/185501731512006?skip_nax_wizard=true

But we named it FaceBook instead, and it still directed it to that?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:48 pm

you mean a hyperlink?

no idea. i think i knew how to once but i forgot XD. i think it has something to do with HTML but im not sure...and i dont really know what HTML is...=p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:58 pm

I got it and I posted it to, check it out if you want to!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:16 pm

i think ours looks friggin awesome compared to the others =)
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Yeah I did that on purpose. Most are just a blob of text pasted onto the page. That's what ours was going to be at first, until I realized we needed to actually stand out to grab someone's attention.

We can reuse this coded text with any forum, just ask me for the full coded version of the post if you have somewhere you think you want to post it.

Although I'm not so sure how many people are even going to see/read/or use it...I wish there was a surefire way to attract guests. What do other forums do?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:02 pm

i honestly have no idea what other forums do.

the only Avatar forums ive been a part of are this one, ASN, and one other one. im pretty sure i just googled for avatar when i joined each one. i know i googled this one.

the only one that i joined because of word of mouth was....the Risembool Ranger one and i joined that one cause it was Vic Mignogna...he was the publicity lol XD. the other ones I just googled.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Is there a way to get our forum to be easier to find on Google?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:27 pm

i dont know.

my aunt once told me that the people that are at the top of the page on google pay to be there. but whether or not that's true, i have no idea.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Well I don't want to pay, but I know that some other sites get so many more guests then ours do. And without paying probably. We're lucky if we get one or two a day, which sucks.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:47 pm

well...clearly the title has something to do with it...but i dont get what makes one forum go first as opposed to another.

this is what eHow said to do:

Create a links page. The more relevant sites that you link to, the higher the chance that someone will link back to you. The more links you have back to your site, the higher importance search engines place on your site.

Submit your site to search-engine directories. Submission to most directories is free, and it creates a link to your site. The more links, the higher your ranking. For a comprehensive list, please see the resources listed in this article.

Create fresh content on a regular basis. The more content you have, the higher chance you have of someone linking to something useful. You can create a blog, e-zine or newsletter and then use forums and related directories to drive traffic. By regularly updating, you can keep viewers coming back regularly.

Position yourself as an expert. By writing articles, posting videos, or recording audio and including your website information, you can gain links by submitting the information to related directories. You can submit articles to websites like EZine article distribution or Buzzle and place a link to your site in the article. This creates another link to your site from an outside source.

Use keywords. Your top keywords should be listed in your web page title, your H1 header and throughout your content. They should appear on every page near the top and, when appropriate, throughout the text on the page.

Read more: How to Rank Higher in Search Engines | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4425966_rank-higher-search-engines.html#ixzz1T9k8FQt3
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:06 pm

That's true about the name. But I think that costs to. If we could take out the aforumfree from the html link, then it would probably be so easy to Google...
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 pm

i don't even think it's just that Lee.

when you type in 'avatar rp' on bing and yahoo, our site is on the main page. in fact, it's only a couple down.

so Google is obviously doing something screwy or something completely different from what other search engines do.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:03 pm

I'm doing a few things with Google right now, we might see a difference...we might not.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 pm

okay ^^

we could also try finding more affiliates :)
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Well those two are just our facebook and wikia account. They're not really true affiliates. And we'd need them to promote us as well. So we need to find places that would be willing to help us out as well.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:38 pm

right. im thinking maybe we should contact the people that come ahead of us on the google list.

i tried to get into one site but firefox started freezing on me. i dont know if this was a coincidence or the site was screwed up.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Link me to it or tell me where it is in Google.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: