Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies

+4
karin
HaruWolf
Lee
Loyal Subject
8 posters

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Movies - Page 16 Empty Re: Movies

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:00 pm

^ whatever you do, do not waste your money for Avatar in 3D.

i saw it last night and, without giving anything away, this is what i think of it: it was, by far, the worst movie i have ever seen in theaters. New Moon was better than it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:25 pm

Avatar I have heard VERY mixed reviews about. Some say it was great, others say it was terrible. The idea behind Avatar isn't new but the graphics are amazing. I guess you'd have to see it for yourself.

...We are talking about blue people avatar, right? If not then Night really screwed up.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:47 pm

^ lol XD

actually, i didnt like James Cameron's Avatar either. i mean, it was good but there have been countless movies that have done the same story just as well if not better. and it just reminded me of too many other movies that exist already.

*this ends up getting into more detail of the movie so dont continue reading if you dont want to be somewhat spoiled.*

im actually surprised by the fan's response to Last Airbender. I mean, i was expecting to go spy on Avatarspirit.net and see the fans in a huge uproar. but they're pretty much torn. some people thought it was decent and others thought it was horrible. personally, i think the people who thought it was decent are in denial because the only movies i can think of that was worse than Last Airbender are Plan Nine from Outer Space and the Beast from Yucca Flats.

i do give M. Night credit for trying though. i mean, its clear he really tried to stay as close to the series as he could. so i do feel bad for him. unfortunately, Avatar (the show) just has that kind of storyline where you have to cut things and change things if you want it to be a good two hour movie (or however long it was). yes, you will piss off fans doing that like the case with the Harry Potter series but you will have a decent movie at least. this was just...i dont know what it was. i mean...it was to the point where i almost laughed at some of the mistakes that were made. i will say though i have a new respect for the Harry Potter writers and anyone who has to make an adaptation from a well known media.

the good news though is my friend said the movie wasnt as bad as the Dragonball movie...so thats good, right? i havent seen the Dragonball movie so i really dont know what was going on with that.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:52 pm

Plan Nine was the one where the lead villain died and they had to find a replacement right?

Also I haven't seen Last Airbender yet or ToyStory 3. I heard mix reviews on LA, but I will still see it regardless. I've waited a year or more for it to come out, I'll judge it myself when I see it.

You don't need to stick close to the original story to make a new version of the same story. Hell if Night did that, he might as well had just cut versions from the animated series and shown a condensed version of it all.

I hate how people are always like this movie doesn't follow the game or show! If they did that, they should just stick a system in your lap or tune in to that show for ya.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:46 am

yeah. i think...i dont even remember what Plan Nine was fully about to be honest.

and yes, as a fan of Avatar, you have to see it just so you can make the judgment for yourself. especially since its taken for what feels like forever for it to come out. i actually purposely did not tell my mom what my friend said and the ratings the movie got just so she would go with me XD. im just saying dont waste the extra money on 3D.

as far as sticking to the original story, i think it depends on what story you're adapting and how you adapt it. there are too many instances where the problem isnt that the writer didn't follow the plot, they didn't follow the soul of the story. this is a serious problem with Alice in Wonderland. i dont mind that they did a re-imagining of it, i actually thought it was unique, but they lost the charm the original had along the way. its the same thing with the scifi Alice, it was unique and had interesting concepts but it didnt have the soul of the original. and thats what usually ends up bothering me.

and it also depends on what medium you're adapting to. i mean, for tv shows and games, id rather just have a movie sequel or retelling because the original is already a visual form. its only books that i really get touchy about because you want a visual representation for what you've read. or, if they're going to make changes, you want them to be good changes. so its not really so much as "i want this to be exactly like the book" it's more of "why did you unnecessarily change that?".

like, the first Narnia movie Disney did was really good. i loved it and felt the changes they made were good changes especially since most of the changes were just a matter of giving characters a different set of lines. like, Peter would have a line Susan said in the book but it was still the same line. and by altering who said what, they were able to give decent character development to each character. and then Prince Caspian came along and that movie ended up being terrible because they changed a whole bunch of stuff for the worse. what makes it worse is the other Prince Caspian from years ago is terrible so if you want a visual of the book it's either 'watch the old, crappy version where no one can act' or 'watch the new version that changed a lot of the plot and created a stupid romance'. i just hope the Voyage of the Dawn Treader ends up being decent.

yeah....they showed the Voyage of the Dawn Treader trailer....and it makes me want to watch the first movie again XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:32 am

I just recently saw Sherlock Holmes. However, I get the feeling that I missed a lot of it and need to re-watch it. I also missed a lot of the dialog in the beginning.

The parts that I was fully paying attention to and heard I thought were good, and I'm pretty sure there's going to be a sequel to it.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:05 pm

i liked that movie. and i heard they want to do a sequel but they dont know if they are definitely going to do it yet.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Ok so I couldn't go to Gettysburg this year, oh well, I made every other year besides this one. I just won't miss the next years. Was looking forward to it all year, but what can you do?

I got to see Toy Story 3 though, it was actually pretty good. I didn't know what to expect, but it was great. That's probably about the only thing I did this weekend that I wanted to do. All other times was spent doing some kind of work, which I'm growing tired of...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:05 pm

hurray for Toy Story 3!

really, the only thing that bothered me about the film was the ending was good but i personally found it unsettling.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:19 pm

I thought the ending was good. That monkey thing was creepy though.

It was probably my favorite Toy Story, although I still like 1 and 2. And if they wanted to, they could make a 4th, though that would be stretching it.

A lot of people behind me were crying. There were more little kids in the theater, who were well behaved. The grown ups cried more then the kiddies though. And I'm talking like middle aged people.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:32 pm

ummm....i cried XD but thats probably because i still have my 'favorite' old toys from when i was a kid.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:35 pm

I still have a bunch of my old toys in the attic. I'm keeping them for my nephew or own child, whichever comes first. That's if they're responsible enough. I don't want some brat tearing them apart the minute I give them away.

I actually thought this movie was going to be about how BuzzLightYear toys get a recall or something. They tell the owners to send it in and they'll fix it. It turns out that it's in Japan, but when the bad toys are sent back, they're destroyed and replaced.

Upon realizing that, the other toys set out to rescue Buzz, and go over to Japan? I don't know, am I dreaming this up or something? That would be a pretty cool movie though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:23 pm

i keep all my 'character' toys and beanie babies. and i am most definitely playing with them when i have kids. we can play with the pride of lions i have and i get to be Scar =p.

actually, ive heard something like that about Buzz. maybe it was an old idea? i dont know. but it sounds familiar.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:27 pm

It would be a good idea for a film if they decide to continue the franchise. Something could go amiss while they're at Tokyo and so on. Plus they probably wouldn't know WTF Japanese manufactured toys are saying. They could also do some kicks on Anime and Japanese culture.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:49 pm

^ and give more appearances to Miyazaki's movies. i loved watching Totoro in Toy Story 3 XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:51 pm

I thought that's what that chubby rabbit thing was, but I never saw that movie. I think if they do make another sequel, steering in the direction of going somewhere offshore would be the best idea.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:04 pm

yeah, i was like "Mom it's Totoro!!!!" in a loud whisper. even though i knew he'd be there cause I saw him in the trailer XD.

i think if they were going to do another movie, they could possibly focus on technology vs. toys. i mean, my sister was upset when watching the movie because she never really had a 'favorite toy' like i did growing up since she was focused more on video games and toys that are more electronic oriented. i dont know if a lot of kids are having this issue though...if they are, it would be interesting...i think.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Well they could work that in the Buzz recall thing. Since he was built years ago, he's more inferior then newer toys.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:29 pm

yes!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:48 pm

It could work, cause at first it was Woody with the first movie, but now it's his turn.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:55 pm

yes except this time they actually get to Japan =O
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:26 pm

That would really be cool. They could add in some Pokemon toys or a spin off, some crazy DBZ reference or some Anime one, and that part with the blinking seizures.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:50 pm

yes and then everyone will be like "POKEMON!"
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Just bought Toy Story 1 and 2 earlier today. They were pretty cheap and I was sure that was because of Toy Story 3 being out in theaters. Once that's not showing anymore they'll probably go back to $20 bucks or something so I bought them both. They were $11 each so I thought that wasn't too bad.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:59 pm

my sister bought Toy Story recently on DVD but i dont remember how much it was. She also got Buzz Lightyear 'actual movie size' recently. I wanted to get Woody but i didnt hear the phrase 'somebody's poisoned the waterhole' and i dont think it's actually Tom Hank's voice unlike the Buzz figure @_@. and Woody's more expensive too!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum