Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies

+4
karin
HaruWolf
Lee
Loyal Subject
8 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

Movies - Page 20 Empty Re: Movies

Post  Lee Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:23 pm

lol I noticed in the comment FF thread. Sounds like you had a good time.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:39 pm

I had an awesome time. It's weird, this is the first movie I fully spoiled for myself before seeing it but I still found the movie really enjoyable. The trailers don't do the movie justice at all.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:02 pm

I don't really like spoiling things to myself. That's why I don't read much about One Piece...I've already had something ruined to me which sucks. Even had some jerk blurt crap out when I told him where I was in the show. I wanted to kick his ass from one side of the Grand Line to the other.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:09 pm

i normally don't either but someone on dA told me they accidentily found the plot to Tangled on the Disney Wikia page and said the trailers do not do the movie justice at all. So I just had to go look for myself XD and reading the summary beforehand actually made me even more excited for the movie than I was just watching and the trailers.

and the huge 'spoiler' part of the movie was just as awesome knowing it was going to happen.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:28 pm

I saw Tron Legacy yesterday...and, it was EXTREMELY disappointing. Words cannot describe how mad I was at the movie.

Also, as a side note, if you wanted to RP today, the odds of me being on are not very good. I got severely sick this morning and while I'm better now, I'm completely wiped out. so, I don't think I'll be on today.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:17 pm

lol I was battling with a cold for several days now. Also the first Tron flopped badly, this one was probably better.

Anyway how did your Christmas go? What did you do and or what did you get?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:59 pm

The first Tron flopped but the story was better than Tron Legacy's story in my opinion. I found Tron Legacy to actually be kind of boring but I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that Disney was going about the movie as though the audience hadn't seen the first one and the movie had a ton of exposition to cover.

anyway, my christmas was good. i didn't really do much though. I just read my artbooks I got. I got the Avatar one you recommended and it was really good :). i also got a Disney Archive one and Tangled artbook. I haven't read the Tangled one yet. Then I got Epic Mickey and Disney Sing It!: Family Hits. It kind of stinks though cause no one wants to play those games with me x_x.

what about you?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:14 pm

That sounds great! About your Christmas, not the movie. I never watched either of them, but I found the graphics hilarious for the first. (Probably because I'm used to todays graphics, but it was blue lines ziging and zaging.

Anyway, I heard Epic Mickey was good, I want to try it out. It's unique that they set it in a dark atmosphere for a kids game. I also need to get your Wii online and I'm not taking no for an answer. I just think it would be awesome for the two of us (and our other friends) to do Brawl battles and race with Mario Kart...along with any other online game we come across. (It's free to, unlike Xbox Live and those other moneygrabbers.

My Christmas was pretty good, despite the fact that I was sick. Sort of why I wasn't online here very much. I'll try to get things up and rolling soon, I'm still recovering. Going to finish up the next chapter first (have a pretty busy and unplanned week)

I got some art books to for fantasy worlds and creatures. They don't necessarily tell you how to draw, but I like reading them and getting inspiration from the pieces. I also got some books on history and an entire artbook from the collection of a famous Civil War painter. He has some epic battle and historical events painted.

I also got some Wii and DS games, because a few relatives did some holiday shopping online during Black Friday and the weekend during it. They got games like Metroid Other M and Donkey Kong Returns for just $20 compared to the $50 they originally are.

I got Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Golden Sun DS, and Modern Warfare 2, lol I don't even know if I can manage to play all of them, but I tested them all out. They're very fun. (All the games were bought dirt cheap, or so I've been told, during Black Friday)

Next year, I'm going to do online shopping, just to see how far stuff drops.

I also bought a lot of gifts for my relatives and parents. Most of them liked what I got them. Since my sister is a Tim Burton nut, I bought Corpse Bride and Coraline for her.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:26 pm

My friend is coming over on Friday supposedly so I'll see if she can figure out how to get it online.

yeah, the first Tron movie is really weird to watch when you're used to the graphics. I was only kind of used to it because I played Kingdom Hearts where that was a world. Actually, I only like Tron because of the game...and he's the only 'good' guy in the KH game so that's why he kind of became my favorite character.

I also got Inception on blu ray. And that Fantasia pack. I still have to keep the VHS version of Fantasia handy though because I heard the blu ray is censored @_@.

Coraline and Corpse Bride are really good movies. They have Tim Burton written all over them even if he wasn't involved in Coraline.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:48 am

Went to the library and rented out a butt load of movies. I got Incredibles, KungFu Panda, Dark Knight, Last Airbender to name a few...figured it was time to start watching some of the movies I've been meaning to get around. The list just keeps piling up every year.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Watch the Last Airbender first. Then watch Kung Fu Panda. This way you get the worst one out of the way and then can laugh it all out during Kung Fu Panda XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Too late...I watched KungFu Panda first. I'm not even going to bother watching all of Airbender if I don't like it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:16 pm

but the funniest parts of the movie are at the end of it lol.

what did you think of Kung Fu Panda by the way?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Well I saw bits of it when it aired on TV, so I knew I would like it. I just wanted to see the thing all the way through.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:17 pm

skadoosh.

finally got to watch Waking Sleeping Beauty. It was pretty informative. My favorite part was when people in the studio were filming one another and someone walks into Tim Burton's work space and he has the funniest 'Wtf O_o' face XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:03 am

I watched The Dark Knight and The Last Airbender a few days ago. Both of them were pretty good. Dark Knight kind of dragged on a bit, but I didn't mind that too much.

As for The Last Airbender, of course I prefer the show more, but the people bellyaching really blew it out of proportion. They acted like they'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved up their fingernails than watch it.

I actually didn't find too much wrong with it, to be honest. A little better voice acting in some parts and a few different scenes which went in totally different ways would had been made it really better, I would argue with that. Like how much they downplayed Zuko and Iroh.

The only thing I found weird, was that they showed the Kyoshi Warriors in the trailers, but they didn't make the cut? When a trailer is aired, aren't they supposed to show that footage?

I also liked the boomerang double kill. Yeah...5 stars, just for that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:03 pm

^ well, as much as i didnt like it and thought it was bad, id rather watch it again than have bamboo up my fingernails =D.

i don't think it was just the acting. i think a lot of it had to do with the dialogue. i mean, how many times can you mention the secret library that you found in the desert and make it sound interesting each time you say it? =p

the kyoshi warriors were in the film but night cut them out in the editing room. thats what night said on TV anyway...

as for scenes being reworked...im not even going to go there XD.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:24 pm

I don't know if you're still watching movies Lee but I just watched Scott Pilgrim vs. the World last night. im not sure if you would like the story so much but the action sequences are AWESOME. and since you also since you like video games, i think you'd get a kick out of it for that reason as well.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Meh...maybe later. I kind movied myself out. I watched too many of them the first days when I was recovering.

I saw Iron Man 1 and 2, Superman Returns, All Indiana Jones movies, Spirited Away, Ratatouille, That Ben Stiller museum movie, only the first one though, Hell Boy, Up, and a Family Guy Star Wars movie.

I had a lot of time to watch them at nights, because the pain would sometimes keep me awake.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:47 pm

that is a lot.

well, if you want to do what i did, you can also just youtube some of the action sequences.

oh yeah, and Mae Whitman's in it (Katara's VA) which I thought was pretty funny XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:59 pm

Azula's voice actor's in it as well. She's one of the bad guys or whatever. The one that complains about her breast being hit or whatever. I saw an edit where they put Azula's voice acting with the voice. I can't find it though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:02 pm

^ no the one complaining about hitting the breast is Mae Whitman. It's not Azula's VA.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Oh never mind than. Someone edited a clip on youtube with Azula with that dialogue, sounded exactly like her.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:10 pm

lol. yeah she doesn't sound like Katara in the movie. I think she's my favorite ex though.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Oh right, I saw Pixars Cars. I actually liked it, despite what most people have said. Totally enjoyed Guido's pitstop of fame. That was probably the best part.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum