Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heroes of Little Springs

2 posters

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Heroes of Little Springs - Page 20 Empty Re: The Heroes of Little Springs

Post  Lee Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Gripping the handle of the door even more tightly, once he received Quiver's acknowledgment, Crusader kicked open the door quickly, so that it was out of their way as fast as possible.

With Bobby sitting at his computer, minding his own business, Crusader extended his hand out, a clenched fist, aiming his projectile arm, which was soon accompanied by Quiver's bow, or at least he figured as much. He didn't say anything to this man, who seemed tired at this time of the hour, and instead awaited what his reaction would be.

However, there was a phone next to his desk, which he assumed he could call anyone with, even the guards. Moments after they had gotten his attention, did he shoot one of his projectile discs straight into the phone. It sparked and sputtered, a disc wedged into, as it became completely useless.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Bobby looked surprised upon seeing these two strangers. In fact, he let out a scream as the projectile hit the phone.

"I don't have any money!" Bobby yelled as he put his hands up.

"We don't want your money," Quiver answered, an arrow pointed towards him. Though it was lower, not exactly aimed at him to be lethal but rather placed at the ready should she need it. "We want to know about Caroline Keen."
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:47 pm

Crusader didn't have to explain why they were here, Quiver had already done so. Instead he kept his eyes on Bobby, in case of any funny business, as he fully entered the room. Once they were inside, he shut the door tightly, his back against it at all times, and locked the handle.

He was sure the security would notice soon enough or later, so it proved useful to do. He then threw a chair into the door, leaning it inwards, so that it would wedge any attempt of opening it, had the lock been breached by any means.

"Looks like you've had a rough night." Crusader remarked, noticing his weary and reddened eyes. "No need to make it any worst."
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:25 pm

"Okay, okay, what do you want to know?" Bobby exclaimed. He was sweating now as he looked at the two strangers. Any one that was there could see that Bobby was either always a complete and utter coward or he had a reason to be worried.

"Did you have anything to do with Caroline's murder?" Quiver asked sternly.

"What? No, no, of course not." His eyes were darting between the two as he tripped over every word that came out of his mouth. The odds of him lying were very, very high.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Had Crusader known Quiver was going to come right out with the accusation, he would had stopped her right there and then. However, it was too late now, their reason of being here was out in the open. You never jump straight to the point, the culprit will always find a way out of it and then it's that much more difficult to catch them in the lie.

However he was a shaky character, this one. It would be easy to make him crack. "You look rough, like you haven't slept peacefully in days." Crusader remarked. "Any reason there might be for that?" He asked, in a tone of curiosity. "And don't play the late night job card, you're line of work can be done easily at day time." He added.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:00 pm

"Been trying to catch up on work...I'm far behind," Bobby said though his words were hollow. Quiver didn't say anything this time around but she kept her eyes on Bobby. Her gaze quickly shifted towards the computer screen where she saw that he was, indeed, working.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Not buying into Bobby's story in the slightest, Crusader kept an eye on him, as he observed what was on his screen. What he was currently working on, what other documents, files, or links were opened, and whatever clues might had been on the main desktop.

"No," Crusader remarked about Bobby's sleep deprived state. "Someone's visiting you. And what better way to stay awake then to work, while under protection."
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:34 pm

"No one's coming. It's just me," Bobby insisted. He rubbed his eyes as he spoke as it looked as though his eyes were beginning to tear. These weren't tears due to the fear of being caught but rather something else.

"It was an accident, wasn't it?" She was surprised she had even said it as she looked at Bobby. As if, she had no intention of saying such things. But she had and there was no going back now.

A flash of recognition fell over Bobby's face but he did not say anything.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Going off by what Quiver had suggested, Crusader leaned in onto Bobby's desk. "So Bobby, what's your shoe size?" He asked, with the murder scene pictures in hand, but not showing or revealing them to this suspect in the slightest.

Last edited by Lee on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:10 pm

OOC: I know. I'm getting to it :p and are you serious Lee? God, I don't know the average shoe size of a man. I'm still wearing kid's shoes.

Bobby's face immediately turned pale upon the Crusader's question. Not to mention, the intimidation present in both superheroes completely overwhelmed him.

"I--I--" he started to say. "I didn't mean to." His eyes were now starting to glaze as he looked away from them. "I didn't mean to."
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:34 pm

"You didn't mean to?" Crusader repeated and asked, removing himself from the desk. No longer leaning, he worked his way around the furniture, closer to Bobby. "Is that all you have to say to Ms. Keen?" He asked rhetorically, slamming his hands onto the desk. "Listen, give us something to go by!"
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:47 pm

"Look, she came in on me Wednesday night and and I tried to bring her back and apologize. But then we started arguing and I just, I just--" Bobby was talking rapidly now, sputtering every which way as he tried to get everything out. But he couldn't finish and his voice became choked as he spoke.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:50 pm

At least they were getting somewhere now. As uncomfortable as this might had been for Bobby, especially the heroes having to pull teeth, this job needed to be done. "You did what?" He asked in a strict, demanding, and intimidating tone.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:06 pm

"I--I killed her," Bobby finally said and the tears were running down his face now.

While Bobby broke down, Quiver looked towards the Crusader. It was a look as if she were asking what he felt they ought to do now.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:42 pm

Good, we now have a confession. Albeit a weak one at that. Killing another over a matter they placed onto themselves just didn't make sense. Not to him at least. There had to be a larger ulterior motive.

But what was it, that was a job for a detective, and a certified one at that. Crusader wasn't sure if he wanted to go into such territory again. "So you're unfaithful. Why did she have to suffer because of that?" He asked, there was no way this act would lead him to do something so barbaric. "What are you holding from us?"

Once he got an answer, and a real one that wasn't a round about denial, he would plan his next action. Already cooking in his mind, it only waited on what this man's next answer would be.

Last edited by Lee on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:08 pm

"I mean, I had a couple of drinks before she came in," Bobby replied miserably. "And I just...I just got so angry. Especially when she said she would tell her uncle."

Bobby was still sniveling as he spoke, his nose was running but he quickly covered himself by burying his face in his hands.

Quiver stood by quietly though she had a feeling this was all they were going to get out of Bobby. She then turned a little but kept Bobby's figure out of the corner of her eye as if she wanted to talk to the Crusader and didn't want Bobby to hear.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Noticing his plan would have to be put on hold, not because of Bobby's information, which was clearly informative, but due to Quiver's want to speak in private, he slowly backed off. "We're not done yet," He remarked, slowly easing his way from Bobby's distraught figure. "Stay put." He added, before staring at Quiver, who would either speak her mind her, with their backs behind this suspect, or further distance themselves within the room, for a more private session.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:54 pm

Quiver cautiously walked a few steps forward, away from Bobby in order to further ensure that their conversation would be private.

"What are you thinking?" she asked quietly. Although she was all for being intimidating when the time arose, a part of her felt being this intimidating towards a sniveling, distraught man like Bobby was pushing it. Asking what he planned to do next seemed the most appropriate thing to do. Not to mention, she had some ideas as to what to do next though she'd rather hear his opinion first.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:08 pm

"This man does not deserve our sympathy." Crusader replied, in part because Quiver's tone and choice of words leaned into a condescending manner. "I wanted to make sure we had the first murderer, before we confront the banshee with him."
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:47 pm

"He may not deserve our sympathy but we need his cooperation," Quiver said, glad that they were at least on the same page now to some degree. "This isn't going to be easy especially if we've got a civilian on our hands." Quiver then looked back towards Bobby who was as distraught as ever. She frowned.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:50 pm

"We have the advantage now, if we play our cards right." Crusader mentioned, "Now we have bait, which this thing will take. And when it does, we'll spring our trap and use everything we learned against it."
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:30 pm

"So, do you want to break the news to him?" Quiver asked, thinking it best not to go into such details just yet. First, they needed to make sure they had Bobby on their side. At least, he had to be cooperative enough.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:58 pm

"I have a better solution." Crusader replied, pulling out a handkerchief, which he held inside him. With it in hand, he pushed it up against Bobby's face, so that it covered both his mouth and nose. Once it had taken effect, and he was out cold, he discarded the cloth.

He didn't care how barbaric or unnecessary Quiver thought it was, they were running out of time, and this Bobby deserved nothing more. Slinging him over his shoulder, he looked to Quiver, "We don't have long until sunrise, let's get this over."

Last edited by Lee on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:14 pm

"Hey, what are you--" Quiver started but before she could protest any further, Bobby was already out. Not saying anything further, Quiver merely nodded and the two left the building with little time to spare.

In the park, the Crusader tied Bobby to a tree in the wooded area of the park.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Tied tightly with rawhide rope, Bobby was slumped unconsciously against a large sturdy tree within the park. Crusader had made sure to do it in an area where it wasn't too thickly wooded, where moving would be too difficult.

He also had made a few trips before arriving to the park, but now everything was set and hopefully accroding to plan. There Bobby remained, bound, and alone, with the two heroes nowhere in sight.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next