Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Games

3 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games

Post  Loyal Subject Sun May 29, 2011 5:12 pm

i havent heard from them so, for now, im going to assume i didnt win.

though, it says 'on or about May 27th' and when i applied for internships there and they had an 'about' date, the date was totally off...like a good two-three weeks off lol. so who knows at this point. im trying to see if they'll post the winners on their website in the meantime.

and thanks for asking by the way :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Oh well, at least you tried! That's all that matters. For what it's worth, your story sounded nice to me!

Oh yeah I went to Best Buy and found all these preowned games they were selling for close to $10. I only played one of them so far. I'm a little late to the game Fall Out 3, it was a big hit in 2008ish I think. Anyway the game is about a post nuclear war wasteland, where you're one of the survivors. You get to create your own character and travel the wastelands of Maryland.

There's also a Fall Out Point Lookout game. I thought the name sounded familiar, since I went to vacation at a Point Lookout years ago. When I checked the back cover, sure enough, it was the same place lol! It's such a remote place to, I don't know why they created it, but it was funny. It's mostly known for it's lighthouse, which it has in the game I think.

Once I beat Fall Out 3, I'm so getting it. It's actually a pretty interesting game so far, granted I've only played it for an hour or so.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:51 pm

^ thats pretty funny lol XD

and thanks :D

i actually found out that they might be re-releasing the first Alice game for the PS3. if that's the case, i REALLY need to get a PS3. even though i watched the whole game, ive just got to play it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:30 pm

The game is interesting and has a lot of side quests, which will keep you busy from the main objective lol. Mostly it's quests about helping those in the wastelands in various ways.

You would like the concept, execution, and game-play I guarantee that. I'm not so sure what you take on violence, blood, and gore is though. The game can be pretty graphic.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:12 am

it depends on how realistic it is.

the thing is, i dont like a game with TOO many side quests. im all about the main story lol XD which i get isnt the point of video games but...yeah thats just how i feel =p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:39 am

Did you ever get more word or learn about the results of that Epic Mickey contest? Even if someone isn't a candidate, the least they should do for everyone's efforts is to post a list somewhere or keep everyone updated.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:21 am

^ nope. i have no idea who won.

which stinks because i REALLY wanted to know what the winners came up with. but in order to find out, you have to send an letter requesting a list of the names...and you only get the names so...that kind of defeats the purpose.

and this is off topic but are you getting weird links when using Google? every time i go to click on a search for google, i get a bizarre link. but yahoo and all the other search engines work fine. im not sure if there's a problem with google or if i have a virus on my pc ._.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Google searches on this forum or just Google? Either way, can't say I have.

Oh and sorry to hear about that. Whoever ran this contest just has their heads up their ass, so don't feel so down about not knowing. The winners probably didn't earn much, if this is how they run the thing.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:54 pm

^ the winner got tickets to the D23 Expo and some other stuff...I just wanted the Oswald plush to be honest lol.

darn it then. i need to find out what's up with this!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:30 am

Are you still having trouble with the Google links? Could you give me a screen-shot if you are? I really don't know what you're talking about, but if I get a visual, I'll probably be able to help you better...maybe.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:07 am

nah i figured it out. i had spyware. but McAfee took care of it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:41 am

Oh right, you can get weird links like that. I didn't know what you were talking about. But if you click on a link say like AvatarRp on Google, it can redirect you to something else.

It's a new virus, you can avoid it by clicking on the cache history of the Google links, if all else fails.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:54 am

yeah, thats what i was getting.

i also looked up how to manually delete it if it happens again.

what cache history of the Google links?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Do a Google search on anything. Below each link will be a cache history.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:13 pm

oh....i see.....thanks :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Right that's what I did with my old virus infected PC, before I broke down and bought a new one. For some reason the direct link was always infected, but the virus couldn't touch the cache. Don't know why, but that could change eventually if it gets stronger.

Just be more vary of what kind of sites you go to.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:40 pm

it happened while i was looking up Disney information. yeah...so i dont know what site i went on. but whatever, it's gone now and im not using Google lol XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:43 pm

What browser do you use then? Google is actually pretty safe.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:51 pm

i was kidding when i said i wasnt using Google lol. i use it too much for me to break the habit. though, i was using Yahoo when i didnt know what was going on to be on the safe side. and, i am trying to avoid using Google just in case. the cache thing works but im still wary of whether or not i still have the virus on my pc.

i may have figured out a way i think to manually delete it though. but im going to test the theory out on the dinosaur pc downstairs first...this way if i screw something up, it's not really a big loss. but i have to wait until after school's out for my sisters...again in case i screw something up XD

now...speaking of video games lol XD. what system do you have? do you have a PS3 or an XBox? because now, NOW, my siblings are like 'oh hey mom let's get another system'. meanwhile, i have been saying we should get a PS3 for a while. but they want an XBox for the kinect or whatever that thing is. so im trying to build my case on getting a PS3 because I want the American McGee's Alice game and it's only for the PS3. that, and, they got the Wii last time so I figured I should get the system I want =p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Just run some virus scans, a lot, when you disconnect from the internet. The internet is a floodgate of viruses, so if you run it while it's on you're not going to be doing yourself or your computer any good.

I have a 360, it's up to you which you buy. I bought it for Banjo Kazzoie, I loved that game. Of course that wasn't the only game but Rareware was only making it for 360.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:42 pm

im trying to come up with good, definitive arguments as to why to get the PS3 over the Xbox. it's not that i dont like the XBox but as you said, one of the games I want is only for the PS3. so id have to get it by default. but im losing the battle it seems...

and my only argument is they have the Wii to play with motion sensor games and the game I want is only for the PS3 and the game they mostly want is for both Xbox and PS3.

my mom did say to make it 'fair' she might buy the Xbox and PS3 used because the GameStop has a guarantee on all their used systems where if it doesnt work, you can bring it back no questions asked. which, might end up being a good thing because they want to get LA Noire and if it potentially screws up the system, let them screw up the Xbox =p. they got mad at me when i told them some of the LA Noires have glitches so they should wait to get it @_@.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Actually if you happen to have a newer system, from around 2010/2011 LA Noire will play more effectively. The company just had it's head up it's ass and didn't test run the game properly on all systems. Basically their solution was buying a newer system and then finally flat out denying that their game was the cause.

Piece of **** company if you ask me, don't even buy the game. They should learn from their mistake.

I don't know much about PS3, but maybe this will shed some light...lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:01 pm

^ oh okay. which basically means if we get used ones, it probably wont work on ours.

and yeah, i know about not getting it but they're going to get it anyway. because my siblings have a tendency to NOT listen to me.

that video was funny XD. im not going to show it to them though because i still want my Alice damn it! especially now that Hatter is supposedly an ally and his mad self. seriously, ive been asking for a PS3 for years and i never cared about getting it or not. but now, this is war >:p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:14 pm

What's the full title of this Alice game?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:17 pm

American McGee's Alice: Madness Returns.

you know what, never mind because I just checked and it turns out it IS for the Xbox 360.

but i still have to worry about Kingdom Hearts 3 whenever that comes out...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next