Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Games

3 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games

Post  Lee Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:38 pm

Yeah but you've been telling me that you were going to get OoT for almost two years now.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:52 pm

^ i know. and i will get it eventually and play it. it's on my bucket list that i have yet to physically write down =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm going to buy it and ship it directly to you, just so you can finally stop posting about how you're going to get it. In fact I'll head straight to your house just to force you to play it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:02 pm

someone actually did that to my friend lol. apparently, he's a big gamer and he had never played Ocarina so his friend made him play it all night.

and this happened recently so i dont feel so bad for not playing it yet.

the other thing with my playing video games is i usually play them in the summer and winter. but in the summer, i only play them when the weather is bad, otherwise i go outside. and i've had little to no rainy days to play video games =/
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Not sure if I told you, but I bought Fall Out Vegas for only $10. It's normally like $50. I had no idea why it was so cheap, but I wasn't thinking twice about buying it.

Now I know why. The game is full of so many bugs and glitches. I'm actually surprised they were able to bring it on the market in such a condition. It doesn't help that the loading times are painfully slow. (Every time you enter a house or different location it loads forever) Actually turned me off from playing it.

It also sucks that I have several quests I can't complete because some glitch or bug stops the quests from progressing. Like one quest I need to find and talk to someone. They're supposed to be at a certain location (marked by the map) but I can never find them.

I check online and low and behold, it's a common glitch. The guy is invisible or missing and can't be triggered. I'll think twice before buying a game from this company now lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:18 pm

yeah. that sucks.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:21 pm

Although when the glitches and bugs were goofy, I found them mildly amusing.

Like one time I shot a enemy and they skyrocketed into the sun (literally) Then they came barreling down several seconds later.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:28 pm

sounds like the pirates of the caribbean game i have.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:36 pm

lol yeah. Or one time, I made my character run so fast that when they bumped into another person their skins switched.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:53 pm

yeah i dont remember what the pirates glitches were just that there were a lot of them.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWiOBcrLwN0

Not sure if I showed the above link before. Anyway it's about the Phantasy Star series, and their upcoming game PSO2.

Phantasy Star Online 2, which is the sequel to Phantasy Star Online. PSO had some many loose ends and mysteries as to what happened during and at the end.

Your main character seeks refugee on a ship called Pioneer 2 as it heads away from destroyed planets caused by an ongoing war and pollution. Pioneer 1 sets off first to find a habitable planet. Several years later Pioneer 2 catches up to that said planet, only to find traces of Pioneer 1's equipment but no one there.

This is some footage of the game...kind of disappointed that they went with Phantasy Star Universes style. They couldn't be more unique and give it its own...now it just looks like Phantasy Star Universe 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lVZizl7rSw&feature=related
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:22 am

maybe the budget didn't allow for a more unique style? :/ i dont know.

well if it makes you feel any better, i have no idea what to do with KH Dream, Drop, Distance. it has some pretty cool worlds and stuff but im still a little skeptical. like, im pretty sure this game takes place after KH2...but Sora looks like he's younger....it just doesn't make any sense.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Could just be a new look for him. The characters from FF9 looked like children or younger than they were supposed to be. The style and art was amazing though.

And the problem with PSU style is that it's been used like...for several different games. Change it up! Otherwise I'll feel like I'm just playing a rehashed version of a PlayStation game.

It's not even the style...well it is and isn't. If you played both PSO and PSU you'll notice where the characters came from. The characters from PSO had this archaic yet futuristic look to them and their clothes.

PSU looked like people from modern day with hoodies, baggy pants, and laser pistols. I'm pissed that they couldn't go back with the older archaic looks. To me that was what defined Phantasy Star. I'm actually getting tired of all these new games with people wearing modern hiphop punk clothes.

Phantasy Star Zero (for the DS) was one of the very few Phantasy Star series after PSO that nailed that style and look down. They just go it right and a lot of fans old and new agreed...but nope. They didn't want to listen.

"Make more baggy pants and hoodies! That's what sells!" Says Sega.

Video Games - Page 10 Phantasy-star-zero-box-art
^ PSZero

Video Games - Page 10 Phantasy_Star_Universe_box_US
PSUniverse

See the difference? Main dude in front defines the clothes of punk/hiphop crap.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 pm

yeah but when you're making a video game that's a sequel to a previous game where Sora has already appeared to look older and then you revert him to how he looked in the first game, it doesn't make sense at all. FF9 has one game and one game only with those characters and settings and designs. so, with KH, it's like you're playing 14 year old Sora, then 15 year old Sora, then 14 year old Sora again when the story's supposed to be chronological. wtf, that's so stupid. these games are confusing as is, they don't need to make even more confusing.

and lol at those outfits. the first picture looks way better.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:09 am

Well I'm not sure. Maybe they just wanted to change up things with character styles or whatever.

Notice the guy with the gun and cowboy hat? All of these characters are bases from which you can create your own character.

The ranger (cowboy guy) I don't lie...lol all of his costumes and hats are from the Civil War! It's so freaking obvious with one of the Confederate butternut hats. I just had to be him when I realized that.

Take away the glowing pistol on him and that's the uniform for the Union cavalry.

Anyway it's not even just the appearance of the characters, style, and clothes, it also has to do with the music composed and the world.

The music in the older one, I'm not sure how to best describe it, but PSU was like hard crappy metal sometimes. I really liked the game, but it was no comparison to the older games and PSZero.

A lot of the landscapes were also modernized or had already been investigated and the such. With PSZero, PSO, and others the world was foreign. It was like an isolated wilderness, which leads to the next thing, the mysteriousness of the world and plot.

PSU was basically you being some police force and the actual plot really doesn't kick in until way after. So it's like you just going around randomly taking care of crimes and the such.

Like when I told you PSO's plot starts right away when Pioneer 1 is missing upon Pioneer 2 arrival. You have to investigate the world by yourself (as P2 stays in orbit)

I just really enjoyed that eerie mystery, which PSZero also had.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:04 am

you've lost me a little lol. which PS are you complaining about?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:09 am

PSU (I like the game though) and how they're trying too hard to make PSO2 look like a direct sequel to it. It needs to branch off and be its own game. Or find traces of PSO and PSZero and implement them into the game.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:24 am

okay, i get it now.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:27 am

I wasn't complaining about PSZero when I was referencing the Ranger and his Civil War uniform wardrobe. Just that I found it really odd, but cool.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:26 pm

no, i meant before you were complaining about the style of one of the games and how it was unoriginal. then i got confused later on by which game you were talking about.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:08 pm

No PSU had an original style. I just didn't care for the modernized look to it. If it's going to be a fantasy and futuristic, they needed to choose one of those to lean on more, which they did and didn't.

You would understand had you played PSO and PSZero. I actually think you would like Zero. If you have a DS I recommend trying it out. I would also do the same with PSO, but the confusing and mysterious loose ends would probably aggravate you to no end.

See I know the entire story because I played every game. You remember me telling you about PSO's original planets where a war broke out?

That's Phantasy Star Zero, that's where they pick up. Two hundred years later to be exact. No one remembers what happened. They call the years before that the dark age or something. What actually happened was they were left behind.

Slowly they build up again, but the villages are isolated from one another an effect that lingers on after the war.

Meanwhile back in PSO (Ragol the planet they found) Pioneer 1 goes missing when Pioneer 2 finally enters the planet's orbit.

Research and buildings indicate that human activity/Pioneer 1 were there, but where they went no one knows. What happens is they excavate in some old ruins.

These 'ruins' are actually a very very old spaceship that crashed in Ragol. The ship is from Phantasy Star 4. In the ending the heroes of PS4 can't defeat Falz. Think of Falz as the smoke monster from LOST, but bigger. His reach is all over the universe.

So the heroes trap him in the ship (like a magic seal) and eventually die. The ship finds it's way on Ragol and many years later Pioneer 1 breaks the seal by accident, not knowing what it was.

In doing so Falz is free again and obliterates all of Pioneer 1's inhabitants immediately. Throughout the journey of PSO you find logs of different people who battled mutations and Falz.

The story gets really complicated and each game relates to the other in some way.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:45 pm

^ i dont mind mysterious/ambiguous/loose end endings so long as the story successfully calls for that. if the ending just epically fails and doesn't meet expectations by tying those loose ends together when the rest of the story indicated those endings would be solved, that's when i get annoyed :p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:50 pm

Phantasy Star is one big collected game surrounding a vast universe that shares the same fate.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:12 pm

sounds kind of like where KH is heading. and im not too thrilled with where KH is going.

i like condensed stories that have a beginning, middle, and end and don't become overly excessive and therefore more confusing than it needs to be. i still don't know what the hell is going on in KH and ive played every damn game so far.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Nah it's not like that. You can play any of the games and they have their own separate plots. You never even have to play any of the other games (unless they are direct sequels) to understand plots and the such.

It's just that if you have played the other games you'll notice connection.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next