Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Games

3 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Video Games - Page 8 Empty Re: Video Games

Post  Lee Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:23 pm

I was going to say because I was scrolling on my Xbox, which has online, and it showed a Alice game. I was wondering if that was the one. Normally if PS3 has a title, so does Xbox.

Sadly that doesn't apply for the Wii, because most developers are afraid of working with the Wii's motion sensor.

Nintendo has a lot of innovative and working ideas, the problem is that most people are too afraid of change to help. That's why things in this world always progress so slowly.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:33 pm

^ yeah. but i also dont want just motion sensor games because i suck at them =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:56 pm

kinect or however it's spelled is a complete different thing. It doesn't come with the system as far as I know. It also won't come with it if you're getting it pre-owned.

I wish my parents would had bought me systems back then. Would had made things a hell of a lot easier.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:10 pm

^ yeah i know you have to buy it separately. as i said, i dont care for it, thats they're problem =p

well the systems are usually gifts. like, the system will be the big christmas gift for the year. the only time i remember getting a system that wasnt a christmas gift was when we got a gamecube. and we got it because we were going to a babysitter that, quite frankly, should have had the police on her ass because what she was doing was probably illegal. so we got it to bring it over there and actually have something to do. but then we got it and she wouldnt even let us play it.

i dont know why they're talking about the Xbox now.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Who wouldn't let you play it? Your parents or the sitter? When did you get the gamecube? Couldn't you had been the sitter at that time?

Anyway so you get the system and it's like an XMas gift, but you get it right away? Hey, adopt me.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:00 pm

The sitter wouldnt let us play it. Pssh, my mom was friggin pissed when that happened.

The problem with the sitter was, the tv she currently had for the 'kids' to watch (which was literally a bunch of toddlers) was so old that it didnt have the right cables to plug the gamecube in. and, she wouldnt let us go into the other room with the proper tv to play it. not to mention, the room we were confined to smelled because there were only toddlers in there, had no air conditioning, there were like ten kids, and the room was about the size of a small public restroom. so, the fact that this baby sitter wouldnt let us go into the other room where we'd (me and my one sister who was like 7 and i was 10) just be sitting and playing a video game really pissed my mom off. that, in addition to the fact that the only toys were for toddlers and she only let us watch Thomas the Train Engine. I am all for children's toys and things but I have never wanted to kill Thomas so badly after watching only that show. and dont even get me started on what her yard looked like...if you could even call it a yard.

so yeah, with all that being said, we couldnt stay home because I was only 10 and my youngest sister was....really young lol XD.

And no, we dont get the system right away. we get it at Christmas and it's a family gift unless we go and buy the system ourselves (which i have done with my handheld systems) the gamecube was the only exception to this rule because we were forced to go to the babysitter from hell until my mom finally found someone else to watch us.

i dont know why they're talking about getting an Xbox now though. that's not usual so i have no idea why it's happening. but hey, im not going to question it =p.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Sounds like my old high school homeroom. It was an old custodian closet lol...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:32 pm

^ yeah lol. we were there 7 hours a day for like...a month i think
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:38 pm

When was this? During Summer? Did you ever try replacing Thomas with another movie, like one you brought with you?

Oh and if you really wanted to be heartless, you could had made it an inappropriate dvd. That way when it's playing and the kids are all exposed to it, you deny anything to do with it, and the lady gets fined. Then you wouldn't had to had to deal with that person anymore.

You might get an even bitchier version of a babysitter, but that's just the risk you would be taking.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Yes, it was during the summer.

And, we couldn't watch anything else because it was such an old tv with basic cable, no dvd or vhs player. Just a regular, really old and crappy tv that couldn't do anything but play PBS. Actually, I don't even think it was PBS because PBS has WAY better **** than the crap that was on that channel we had to watch. at least PBS has Arthur and the Magic School Bus.

The only useful thing that came out of that experience was I learned to how to braid hair because the only damn toys she had that were worth playing with were **** my little ponies. Honestly, I'm almost positive prisons have better conditions than what we were forced to be in. The only thing that kept me sane was the Chronicles of Narnia that I read while there.

The babysitter I had before and after this ...this thing that shouldn't even be called a babysitter were way out her league. They were both way better and I recently found out one was a borderline alcoholic apparently XD. Even she was way better. In fact, that's where I got into video games, learned how to swim, learned about Songs of the South, drew like crazy, and got my disney personalized book where I saved Clopin's puppet show. and I threw up all over her rug once =p

The one after that actually lives on the street behind me a couple of houses down. and she's British which i thought was the coolest thing ever because i had never met someone with a British accent before XD. yeah, that was when i discovered Toon Disney...and one time she threw a baby rabbit over the fence and i made my mom help me find it afterwards lol.

the end.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:56 pm

My my LS what a potty mouth.

Oh and guess what? During Gettysburg (because the unit I portray didn't go, I had to fall in with a group)

And guess what group it was? A British group! I got to hear them say Bloody Hell and Bugger so many damn times.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:16 pm

If you were there, you'd have the same exact feelings as I do.

I love British accents.

Oh and this what I was originally going to say:

I found out that my mom was talking about the X-box for Christmas so we would potentially be getting it on Christmas. So I decided to just go ahead and watch the cutscenes for Alice.

And, I have to say, it's very good story wise and it has an ambiguous ending that I really like. But it's still kind of...I don't know because they didn't really need a sequel for the first game. That and it was so obvious who killed Alice's family so it wasn't really a mystery. And Hatter died again <_<

But before he died, he was totally badass.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Oh hey, remember that FallOut game I told you about? Well there's a FallOut Vegas. FallOut 3 focused on DC and the surrounding areas, this one focuses on LasVegas and the surrounding desert. It has a cowboy western theme to it. A cowboy in a nuclear wasteland theme.

I heard a lot of complaint that it wasn't as great as FO3 with the story and all, but I found it just as interesting if not more. They changed a lot about the game. In the previous game you just had karma. If you did a good deed or bad, your karma became positive or negative. Having too much of either caused the whole world (the limited range of the game) to see your character in the light of good or evil.

With Vegas they also have reputation. You earn reputation with different towns and organizations. You pick and choose who you want to be idolized by and who you want to be vilified by. There's also different things like dehydration, sleep deprivation, and starvation that you need to be aware of while walking through the vast desert. Ignoring them can kill your character. So the game is also a lot more difficult.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:12 pm

I started playing a game called Ocean Star but I stopped playing it briefly.

mostly because I went into a dungeon and found out when you hit a save point, it doesn't refurbish your health like most of the games I played. so now, I have to hopefully get out of the dungeon and go back to a place where I can heal my party. otherwise, im completely screwed.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:36 pm

lol most games don't do that. There wouldn't really be a challenge if that's all you had to do.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:38 am

well all the RPGs ive played do that lol XD. and it's by Square Enix who does the other RPGs that ive played so I thought the same rules applied XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Let me guess, Kingdom Hearts :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:59 pm

yes and no.

Kingdom Hearts and all the Final Fantasy games I've played so far (which would be X, XII, and VII: Crisis Core) all have it where you replenish your health once you get to the save point. and the Final Fantasy games are rated T so it's not like im playing immature games :p...not like the save point really helped though since i still havent beaten X or XII.

i got myself out of the dungeon though, leveled up a little, and then went back and beat the boss so it's all good. now i just have to enter some tournament or something and then take a ferry to another location.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:42 pm

You should try out Lunar Legends, that's sorta like Ocean Star.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:45 pm

^ one game at a time Lee =p

where can you get it? i looked it up on wiki and it says its a playstation game.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:04 pm

They made so many remakes of the game, it's not even funny. They have it on the PSP to, graphics are better on it. You can get it cheap now.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:25 pm

okay then.

i need to get more PSP games cause i only have like 3....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:24 pm

A lot of the games are pretty cheap now, especially if you go to EB games and check out the pre-owned section. Yeah they're pre-owned, but you can always take them back if they don't work to your liking.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:32 pm

^ yeah i know. i havent been to a game stop in a while though.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:38 pm

I kind of stopped going to. Back when the older systems were new and popular, they had all kinds of good deals with their games/pre-owned. Not so much anymore.

The last time was a few years back when I bought three DS games. I think it was pre-owned only, but I'm not sure. You got to buy two and get the third for free. Didn't matter what the prices were, so long as the third was the cheapest.

I ended up getting the third for free even though it matched my second cheapest selected game. At the time my DS had a huge crack in the screen and couldn't really be used or seen, but I figured the prices were too good to pass up.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next