Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Lee Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Well WindWaker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks were the most restrictive of Zelda games. Granted they were all good and WindWaker was the least of all three.

It's just that most of the game consisted of ocean and for the train game you could only travel the world map where tracks were. So there wasn't anyway to walk off that land. It was different though and that's what made it unique.

Zelda Skyward Sword is the true Wii title that will be coming out. Twilight Princess was just supposed to be the GC game that people were complaining for from day 1, though I think WindWaker was just as awesome.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18544

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 pm

that explains a lot. ill check into twilight princess then. ill ask my friend about it too, i know she played it. so maybe she has it or something.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17183

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:00 pm

It's totally worth a try, but dungeons are part of Zelda so they're still in there. Dungeons aren't always dark, gloomy, and look like cells though. My favorite dungeon or the only one I can remember on the top of my head is the Goron one. It takes place in an volcano, which is just cool.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:01 pm

that does sound cool. my friend is supposedly calling me at 7 today so ill see what she says. i have a sinking feeling though that Twilight Princess is the game she borrowed from her neighbor =/
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:04 pm

You would probably also like Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask. Despite how outdated the graphics are, they were always two of my favorite Zelda games.

You would probably like MM more because it's kind of on the spooky/creepy side.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:09 pm

yeah i know about Ocarina of Time. I haven't decided yet if it's better to get it off the Wii network or if I should just wait for the Nintendo 3DS version.

if im going to play any Zelda game, it'll be Ocarina of Time simply because that's one of the games that made me want to play video games in the first place. and i never got to play it yet =/
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Are you getting the 3DS? I thought you said you didn't want that. I tried it at a store, and it can be murder to the eyes. You don't strike me as the video game type of person, so I don't know if you would endure the irritating 3D effects to play the game.

I would try the 64 version instead, it's probably easiest to find it on the Wii channel shop.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:08 pm

im not getting it, but my sister wants one really bad. so if she ends up getting her way for her birthday in June (she's also thinking of contributing by giving her DS to the store for a rebate) she said if i buy the new KH game and Ocarina of Time she'd let me play it.

i dont know if she's actually going to get it though because she recently got the DSi XL. which i told her TOLD her it was a bad idea and that she should just wait for the 3DS. but she didn't listen and now she's kicking herself for it lol.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:25 pm

That's quite a birthday gift. I'll probably get it next year or something when the price drops. It kind of depends what games it has. While the 3D illusion is amazing, they're just making repeated game versions of old but great games.

Yeah it's a cool and nifty feature, but if they were to make original titles just for the 3DS, which they have no mention of in the future release dates (which are all just repeats) I might think more about getting it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:28 pm

i just looked up the price for the nintendo 3DS cause you said that lol. i take back what i said, i dont think she's going to get it lol. i didnt realize it was so expensive. the only way i can see her getting it is if 1. she finds it on sale and 2. she turns in her DS for the rebate.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Turning in games and systems is such a rip off. You could sell most games at a yardsale for more then you would make selling it at a retail store. In this day and age, Amazon or Ebay is the way to go.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:14 pm

that's true.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:21 pm

I remember one time I tried selling a game to some game store, they would only offer me ten cents for it. I laughed and left with my game.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:27 pm

yeah but a game is different than a system. you can't really sell a system for what it's worth at a yard sale.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:28 pm

I was using a yard sale, indicating that you can get better scrap money there than at a store. Yardsales suck for anything that's actually useful. People want to buy everything there for a quarter, no matter how valuable it is.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:42 pm

yeah.

though i did get $50 for an old trap set i had. and i didn't even give the person the entire set, i kept a drum and symbol lol XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:18 pm

This isn't really a rant...but maybe it is. Anyway I've been working on my one project for school since the beginning of the semester, which totals about 3 and a 1/2 months. It's not the only course I had, but I put the most time into it.

There wasn't a day that went by when I didn't do something with it. At the start I usually put in eight hours a day or more, sometimes a lot more then that for the project. I would get up early in the morning and work on it until night before I went to bed. This is of course if I didn't have work and school that day.

Now that this semester is finally winding down with the last few weeks (and the project is coming along well) I don't know what to do. I have so much more free time and I have no idea what the hell to use that time on lol. I've been slaving over this project and semester almost every minute.

I've probably went through this every end of the semester, but it always feels weird...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:21 pm

maybe you should work on the rp *hint hint* lol XD

jk, i know what you mean. though im currently trying to figure out what im going to do for Mother's Day :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:25 pm

Oh wait, Mothers Day is soon?...I knew you were going to say that.

*Glare of death.*

I know I could probably get working on the RP again, but damn I feel so burned out from this 3 month nonstop semester...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:40 pm

yeah mother's day is like next week O_O
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Ah hell, I don't know when all these days are! I didn't even realize it was Valentines day until the day was almost over.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:02 pm

yeah, i know! when i found out it was mother's day soon, i was like '****'. then i came up with this idea to do with my sister but then i found out she already made something for my mom in class T_T.

oh yeah and there's no more ginormous paper at the school store @_@
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:17 pm

Well you could always do some chores around the house if you can't buy something (because of financial problems) or make anything (due to time)

Maybe wash all the cars, do the lawn, do yard work, whatever needs to be done (and you're capable of doing)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:22 pm

but i do that anyway =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Well I'm just throwing suggestions out there.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next